“Not much choicd in Ahsa”

InterContinental Hotels Al Ahsa
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Al Ahsa
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Not much choicd in Ahsa”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Poor service, slow checkin and checkout. Room spacious, bed comfy, but beware of bldg construction on main street, they start drilling at 6 a.m. Shower small and amenities poor.
Pool is nice but gym is seriously aging and needs maintenance. Some security/fire alarms buttons are removed...
Overall services are poor at all levels. I doubt that competition does better in al ahsa though. Intercon will bill you a prime price but service is far from intercon level. Ruins the hotel chain reputation a bit.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Gemmayzetraveller
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotels Al Ahsa, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Gemmayzetraveller,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you like our pool. I am so sorry to read you received room amenities and service from which was less than satisfactory. I also apologize for any inconvenience you experienced due to the level of outside noise. We highly value your views and feedback, as this allows us to constantly improve the service we provide. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into.

Again, thank you for your comments and we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Zelyn N
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Arabic first
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

the hotel is very bad in so many ways the service is terrible, the room service house keeping never answer the calls, i spent two nights in here, the room was cleaned the second day but with out towels, i called, but no reply the towels were brought in the second day in the morning, Today is a special night i was astonished and shocked when i came into my rooms(two connectingrooms) about 18:45 the rooms were not ready (serviced) i called the front desk inquiring about my room not been serviced, the reply was that a do not disturp sign light was on which is a big lie, i have my elderly sick mother slept in the chair while they were cleaning the romms, i am so frustrated of the lies and poor service. one good thing was Mr. Nasser the roonms manager was very pleasant as part of his job to calm angry and frustrated guests, i call it off for the night i will continue my review tomorrow.

Room Tip: do not stay unless you have too, need to watch your guards and document what ever it takes.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotels Al Ahsa, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Alshabay,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. We are hospitality professionals who work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. Please accept my sincere apology for the unusual situation regarding the housekeeping services you recieved . Rest assured that these issues will be looked into. While we understand that your stay was less than satisfactory, we hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Joel B
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

The good
Service from staff,
The leisure and spa facilities - The Jucuzzi one of the best I've been inside a hotel
Bed and sleep quality

The bad
Too expensive - the hotel should be ashamed for taking advantage of the little compeition
Breakfast - it was "OK" at best but too expensive at 95 SRL - A previous review hit nail in the head saying no one eat 17 pounds worth of food for breakast, this is expensive even for London hotel prices.
Internet - Too expensive - I didnt and refuse to pay 100 SRL for full day or 30 SRL for 1 hour even if they offer the fastest internet in the world. My tip, There's a cafe across the road, pay 12 SRL for a coffee and stay there as long as you want.

I feel I need to respond to a previous reviewer "HofKSA" who questioned the 5 star rating due to no alcohol and that it cater for a selected part of the population. Can I just say that alcohol is illegal in Saudi Arabia and the majority of the population here are muslims.

Overall, I would say this justify the 5 star rating but I would also like to add that I have been in many other 5 star hotels that offer much more value for money.

The hotel is clearly reading these reviews based on their responses have a trip advisor sticker near reception but I found it really interesting how they respond to the customer service feedback which is occational (and from my own experience unjustified) but avoid responding to the recurring complaint of the cost which ruined my overall experience of my stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

This hotel is a pleasant place to stay, the food is good, the staff is excellent-- however I've only given it 4/5 due to the price. After about 2 weeks staying here, my "normal" expenses (breakfast, dinner, laundry, no room service) totaled around 15,500SAR or just over $4,000.

THE GOOD:
The rooms: Perhaps not the most modern, but they are clean, spacious and in excellent condition (they don't look "worn out" or anything)
The beds: It's like a giant pillow-- very comfortable beds and bedding
Showers: Nothing too amazing about them-- except for the hot water is hot almost immediately. No waiting for 5 minutes before hopping in.
The food: Delicious food with a wide buffet selection or quick service at the Silk Road restaurant in the hotel
The staff: Pleasant, friendly and they always recognize you and know your preferences (drinks at dinner, room number, etc)

THE MEDIOCRE:
TV Channel selection: Eh, there are a number of channels, but not too many western ones. Still, not a big deal either way in my book.
Internet: It is fast and reliable..... and 100SAR a day. So the hotel wants $25 a day yet I barely pay $50 a month at home.

THE BAD:
Prices. I understand the quality and service is great-- but when the rooms are already about 800SAR a night, charging another 100SAR per day for internet and 100SAR for breakfast is pretty ridiculous. I'm sorry, internet should not be anywhere close to that expensive and while the breakfast buffet is large, there is no way someone is eating $25 worth of food every morning. Tone it down some guys.

VERDICT:
The service is great, the hotel is nice and I'll stay here again without thinking twice--- because my company covers it. However, for the budget minded, you might want to look elsewhere or in Jubail, etc.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

4 point review:
-There aren't many hotel options in Al Ahsa, this one has to be the best option. Having said this, the hotel is clearly ageing and it shows.
-The hotel is located quite centrally in Al Ahsa and has a few shops and restaurants in the vicinity. The rooms are ageing - the carpet smells slightly, the AC isnt the best and the bathroom is on the smaller side
- There are 3 restaurants on the property - all serve a good variety and breakfast is decent. The service levels are above average, no complaints there
- The banquet services are outstanding and there is a dedicated banquet wing at the hotel that is perfect for social as well as business gatherings

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotels Al Ahsa, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Dear IshtiJaved,

Thank you so much for writing us a review. We work very hard to be the best hotel around that provides world class excellence and I'm so glad you liked our banquet services and our on-site restaurants. I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the room accommodations you had that fell below your expectations. Rest assured, your valuable comments will be looked into and this will be our best resource to determine the areas that needs to be improved. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to serve you again on your future visits.

Anthony M
KSA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2012

My one night stay at this hotel was rather pleasant. Reception area is very nice. Room is well-sized and clean. Staff are helpful. Room prices need reconsideration. They are comparable to some of the best hotels in Dubai. The location of this hotel is not as popular or extravagant as Dubai. Tip: you cannot find a better deal on any agent website (hotel.com, booking.com, otel.com, expedia.com, etc) than what you would find directly from the hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2012

The buffet was great and the dessert bar was like a food channel display.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Garden Plaza Hotel
#1 of 3 in Al Hofuf
Somewhere Hotel & Apartments
SOMEWHERE Hotel Apartment Al Ahsaa - KSA

Been to InterContinental Hotels Al Ahsa? Share your experiences!