All reviews central location breakfast buffet replenished daily previous stay staff speak english and are opera house on foot business hotel double bed business trip tap water russian city free internet reception staff room service clean bathroom many options
Reviewed September 9, 2018

When visiting a totally new town in a new destination country, in this case, Russia, in matters of hotel choice, the best bet is always to go for known quality. Especially Americans are familiar with hotel brand name reputations and which everywhere are expected to live up to a certain quality standard - even in far-off foreign places. Back home, the most recent Radisson experience had been a family stay at one of their brand hotels in San Luis Obispo in California. When arriving for the very first time in Ekaterinburg, Russia, at the very western edge of the vast Siberian plains, I knew I was in quite new territory but within this newness the local Park Inn by Radisson promised a hoped-for measure of familiar territory, a little island of familiar quality. And thus it worked out. From the moment I entered the hotel lobby I knew I had done the right thing.

Before pursuing my hotel praise, a few words about the arrival in Ekaterinburg. I had arrived in town by rail, by doing the typical Russian thing, booking a berth in one of the long distance trains, both to get a feel for how many Russians travel, next, for the vastness of the country. The train only offered the berth option but which in my case turned out somewhat less than ideal. For one, I'm a little over 6 feet and the length of the sleeping cot I experienced came out somewhat shorter. The feet - abandoned on their own - sticking out into the passing aisle - is just not an ideal sleeping situation. No one tickled my extruding feet in passing but nonetheless. Hence, instead of sleeping on the train, I just spent a lot of time sitting on the bedding, hoping, praying for a real bed soon to materialize. Finally, after 12 long hours of train travel, Ekaterinburg was announced as the next stop. Frankly, by the time I arrived in the for me unknown city I was dead-tired, too.

But I had arrived in Ekaterinburg at an awkward early morning time. When a cab delivered me at the hotel it was the same awkward early morning arrival. I had reservations for the Radisson and I knew the problem to be expected - check-in time only as of 2 PM! Yes, at the hotel front desk, a young lady named Anna informed me of the same when showing up in front of her. I was confronted with the choice of either paying an additional half-day or waiting in the hotel lobby until 2 PM. After showing some hesitation, offering to wait until two, Anna told me of another option, to show a Radisson frequent customer membership card which I didn't have though having stayed at Radisson-managed properties before. I told Anna of the same and with the benefit of the doubt I got the immediate check-in which my brain and body craved.

Once installed in my room, the remainder of the stay confirmed the high Radisson standard. The room turned out as attractive, as clean and comfortable. My hotel staff experienced added even more to a successful stay. In between a busy schedule in Ekaterinburg, I found the hotel kitchen and restaurant virtually always open for a quick meal. Whether in need of something hearty or sweet, it invariably showed up first class. Somehow, I had managed to pick up a cold along the way to Ekaterinburg and the many liquids available at the hotel may very well have helped shaking my cold. My favorites among these liquids included the many tea choices available, the Jaegermeisters at the bar but especially the utterly delicious, hot Borscht soup coming from the kitchen chef. I was told Vodka can also do a pretty good job at curing a cold. Talking about getting addicted. Be forewarned, coming away with a Borscht addiction is certainly one of the dangers staying at the Park Inn Radisson in Ekaterinburg. Other addictions at this hotel are also possible and each and every time abetted by the utterly friendly staff in various of the hotel-restaurant-bar functions. At the bar, when asking for a Jaegermeister, young Vladimir, unsolicited, went the extra distance, serving up the beverage with a freshly cut orange as well. Service always came with a smile and for me, as an extremely limited Russian speaker, also with ready help from one or the other English-speaking staff member when in real need. All pointed in the direction of a well-managed hotel and, in my case, I couldn't have been more surprised when I learned about this particular hotel manager. She turned out to be a charming South African lady, in one of the most unlikely places of the world, at the very edge of the Siberian plains, where to meet an accomplished South African professional. But here she was the hotel's general manager. Incidentally, as I learned listening to the lady, a Western working sphere which may very well be the preferred working environment for especially young Russians. Incidentally, a purely Russian positive influence at this hotel should be mentioned as well. Most of its managers, but one, were female. Yes, a feather in the cap for Russia, the country has long since arrived at the equality of males and females in employment and management situations and especially in business areas where women may be more effective, read the softer female touch, such as in the hospitality business.

I had a problem when approaching check-out time. I had made flight bookings through an unknown booking agency. With only part of a day to go before flight boarding time, I still was without boarding confirmation. In passing, I mentioned the problem with Anna at the front desk. Within minutes I walked away with boarding passes for the first and second legs of the trip, from Russia back to my hometown of Las Vegas. I don't know how she did it - but - she did it! If I were in the hotel business I would always be on the look-out for quiet, unassuming but highly efficient problem solvers like young, always friendly smiling, Anna. And Anna was not the only person of her kind at this Radisson. What a difference the right-minded and trained people can make and especially in a business like a hotel-hospitality business where guests always hope for a bit beyond the professional, a bit of personalized human warmth as well. Congratulations to the Radisson management and staff to have managed to live up to such subjective expectations as well. Under the circumstances, the only improvement I could have hoped for would have been a few more days, a few more Borscht indulgements at this remarkable establishment.

Room Tip: Add a smile when asking for special favors...
  • Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
OlgaP1978, Marketing Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Ekaterinburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2018

Dear Joost!
Let me take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Park Inn by Radisson Ekaterinburg and your positive and detailed review. I have already shared your review with our employees, and we are happy to know that staying with us met your expectations and was comfortable and pleasant. I hope we will have a chance to welcome you again!

Reviewed August 14, 2018

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Inn
ParkInnEkat, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Ekaterinburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Reviewed August 13, 2018

Outside looks a bit run down, but good location and many options around. Found the staff very helpful and friendly. Rooms were ok and comfortable, but no mini bar ! Restaurant food was ok and breakfast had lots of options

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business

Dear Guest!
Let me take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Park Inn by Radisson Ekaterinburg and your positive review. I'm happy to know that staying with us met your expectations and was comfortable and pleasant. I hope we will have a chance to welcome you again!

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

The Park Inn is a basic hotel with a nice reception.

Rooms are very clean.
Staff speak English and are very nice and helpful.

Hotel is easy to reach and is located in s central place.

Staff was very helpful with all needed requests from our side.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled with friends

Dear Guest!

Reviewed July 29, 2018

I had stayed at the Park Inn during a previous visit to Ekaterinburg in 2012, and reported a number of issues with my experience.

I travelled to the Ural city again in July 2018 to take part in the Tsar's Days events. I chose the Park Inn due to its close proximity to the Church on the Blood.

Booking through the hotel's online site offered a variety of rates, payable in Rubles, and was simple to use. I received immediate confirmation by email within minutes. The hotel provided the necessary documents for my Russian visa. I made a number of queries with the hotel via email, all of which were answered promptly next day in English.

Check in at the hotel was quick and efficient. I arrived at 5 am in the morning, and paid a half rate to obtain my room at such an early hour - it was well worth it!

I was very pleased with my room, and it provided me with everything I required during my stay. The bed was comfortable, a desk for work, a nice reading chair, TV with a selection of English stations, air conditioned (much needed in July!), a large, clean bathroom. I very much appreciated the fridge for keeping cold drinks and snacks, the coffee and tea maker (which was replenished daily with packets of tea and coffee), and the bottle of water provided every day.

The breakfast buffet was provided in the dining room on the main floor, staff were very friendly and efficient.It features a wide variety of hot and cold dishes, juices, coffees, breads and rolls, cold cuts and cheeses, all fresh and delicious!

The dining room also offers a fixed price business meal at lunch during the week, and a nice place to dine for dinner. The bar offers a very good local beer Три медведя (Three Bears).

The hotel is in a great location, within walking distance of all the major sites in the downtown area: museums, churches, parks, City Pond, etc.

The airport also arranged a transfer for me to the airport on my departure.

Overall, it was a great stay, I enjoyed it very much, and will return to the Park inn on my next visit to this beautiful Russian city (now my FAVOURITE!) I highly recommend the Park Inn by Radisson Ekaterinburg Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled solo
ParkInnEkat, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Ekaterinburg Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2018

Dear Paul!
Let me take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Park Inn by Radisson Ekaterinburg and your amazing review. I'm excited to know that staying with us met all of your expectations and was comfortable and pleasant. I'm sure your detailed comments will be very useful for the future guests. I have immediately shared your warm words with the hotel team, and we are incredibly happy to see so many advantages which you had mentioned. It means that our efforts to provide to the guests unforgettable stay and perfect service were efficient. Thank you one more time for your positive feedback, which motivates us for the future work! I hope we will have a chance to welcome you again!