“Central location, guest oriented staff and free wifi - will stay again”
Review of Grand Avenue Hotel

Grand Avenue Hotel
Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Yekaterinburg
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed twice (March and July2012) in this three star hotel.
Room (Superior double) is (relatively) spacious, clean and simple.
Hotel has a cafe/bar on the ground floor (technically ground floor) and a breakfast bar and a restaurant on the 2nd floor. Food was good. Solyanka soup (lemony taste borcsh) was my favorite. However,   breakfast bar doesn't offer green salad leaves and 'fried eggs over easy' was always overcooked.  We assumed they don't know what 'over easy' means.   Most of serving staff were university students in July and they were very attentive.
Wifi was free but we needed to get the separate login ID and password for each device for every three days.

This hotel is centrally located - which a huge advantage as there is no (properly operated) taxi available and very expensive to use.  There are the  lake (city pond),  museums, old churches and shopping centres (all international brands though) are in a walking distance. An opera house is right across the hotel.

Roaring sounds of racing cars at night woke us up couple times but wasn't too bad.

NEAR THE HOTEL
Tommy tuna-
No English menu but you can see from the photo.

Aladdin theater restaurant-
 10 min walk from the hotel. Manti (Chinese dimsum) and Samosa was nice. Beef stroganoff with mash-potato was good.

Pepper-
Italian restaurant. We walked quite a bit (15-20min). Strange music but good food.

Brut restaurant and bar-
It is next to the city pond. Our Russian friend said it was established under the guidance of waiters association (I'm not sure that was the right name), consequently they offer a wide range of fantastic cocktails. But we only stayed there for a coffee as there were no English Menu and no English speaking waiters when we went there.

Mama's big house-
Near the city hall (administration). So you need to walk a bit.
I like their unique-humorous deco, in particular toilet.  They do have a English menu. Burger was offered with stir-fried (not deep fried) potato wedges and salsa (?), which was not exactly what you would expect. Burger was good though.

Yellow submarine-
The 'yellow submarine' two doors down from the hotel. Local singers' live music was entertaining. We had a blast for two nights but unfortunately they didn't have dry white wine but semi dry (sweet) so we had to drink beer.

Last November we went to the famous Jazz bar (you need a taxi).  They were having their (jazz bar's) birthday party. If you are a jazz fan, strongly recommend.

Back to the hotel, I like this hotel for its central location and guest oriented staff. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Huntsland
There are newer reviews for Grand Avenue Hotel

Reviewed October 19, 2011

Everything is ok, service might be more pleasant, but for business trips hotel is perfect due to location and free WiFi internet.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank DctrG
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Location of this hotel is nice in down town in the main street of Yekaterinburg. Rooms are clean and big. Staff is friendly and helpfull. Breakfast is nice, good choice. Price is acceptable. Next time Im going to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank moscovite2011
Reviewed September 12, 2011

The hotel was really average. The room was very stark, my girlfriend over Skype commented that I was in some kind of prison. The clerk was great. My reservation was for a different date and he helped me work it out. I had a 3 am departure and he arranged a taxi and even had a box lunch for me since I would no be around for the breakfast that was included.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank FlyingDave
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Stayed one night in the heart of Yekaterinburg in this cosy hotel, which has all what it takes for a business traveller. The only thing, which was missing couple of years ago, when I stayed there last time, was Internet, that worked perfectly this time. I had a really pleasant stay in Grand Avenue and would recommend this hotel to every businessman travelling to this beautiful capital of the Urals.
The hotel deserves for granted four stars rather than the three current ones.
The staff did a very good job as well.
Thanks, Grand Avenue!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank tviherkoski
Reviewed January 20, 2011

We booked the hotel following a recommendation and were pleased that we did. Arriving in the early hours of the morning we asked for an early check in and were told we could pay for 1/2 night which seemed reasonable. This also included breakfast making it well worth it (and the fact we hadn't slept I think we would have paid anything at that time!) The breakfast itself was tasty, with options for cooked to order eggs, porridge and other hot offerings. The room was comfortable, clean and large. Finally the staff (particularly on reception) spoke flawless English and were approachable and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank lhawley77
Reviewed April 12, 2008

Stayed 4 nights in April 2008. The hotel was recommended by a local business partner and even though it's only 3 stars the quality was great. Service is wonderful - accepted me at 4AM with no problems, had the no-smoking room I reserved. Rooms are really big - with a comfortable desk and large bathroom, all looks pretty new. Breakfast included in my room charge was huge and good.
The only glitsch - the wireless web connection in my room worked on and off only, and the line connection didn't work - I had to go down to the lobby or put the laptop near the door to get a weak signal. In addition, web cards, while cheap (100 RUB) are priced per volume so every 20MB you need to get a new card - if you're looking for streaming it's not the place.
I would come back if I ever visit this city again.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ronchik