“I used to be a fan, but they may have lost me as a customer ”
Review of Captain's Galley

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Captain's Galley
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Advance
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

I've been to Captain's Galley many times in the past and have always enjoyed it. Although the food was only subpar this time,that wasn't my biggest complaint. When picking up my food from the takeout area, I slipped on the wet floor. When I brought it up to the employee in that area, he didn't seem to care. Also, if you put FRESH steamed vegetables on your menu, I expect FRESH steamed vegetables. I know mine were frozen because they were still stone cold and hard.

1  Thank Ella86

Reviewed June 27, 2014

The Galley is not fancy - with, for example, a holder of paper towels on each table in lieu of napkins. Service is very friendly There is a reasonably-priced list of wines by the glass as well as bottle, beers, and a full bar. Portions are generous, especially given the prices, so watch out! My fried baby flounder had four pieces; could only eat two with the sides. Not much flounder taste with the breading, so next time I tried coconut shrimp with a dinner salad, quite good. There are daily specials, and the menu is comprehensive, with items such as chicken or steak for the non-seafood eater, and the possibility of a vegetable plate chosen from the many side dishes as well. A good choice for a family and friends get-together.

1  Thank Purmamarca
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I enjoyed extra blackened broiled popcorn shrimp, along with a cup of clam chowder, and my better half had shrimp and grits. The meals were delightful, and the service impeccable. We will be back!!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

since there are not many restaurants in Advance it is okay. Since their renovation I find them to be a bit pricey to eat in. We usually do take out because they have a good family special and it lasts us for 2 meals. 20 pieces of baby cod/flouner, 4 sides and 4 cole slaw. Very hearty portions. Cost is a little over $20 to feed this family of 3 two meals.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

The grilled trio (steak/chicken/shrimp) is EXCELLENT, Blue Moon on tap, very clean restaurant, minimal wait time on a Tuesday night (5 minutes), wait staff was very friendly.

Been to Captain's Galley? Share your experiences!