All reviewsthe main squaretrain stationvolga riverhigh ceilingscity centrechandeliersappearancewifi
Reviewed August 21, 2017

The hotel is an old Soviet style building located centrally just 10 minutes walk from the train station. Its also only a short walk to Volga river and many restaurants.
Inside the hotel its classical style with chandeliers and high ceilings. I upgraded to a business room which gave me more space and a lovely view of the main square.
The reception staff spoke English and were helpful and friendly. The hotel seemed very quiet with few guests and it was very peaceful and relaxing. There was not much choice for breakfast maybe because there were few guests. Overall i can recommend this hotel for anyone wanting a comfortable and centrally located hotel in the city.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank Gillboy
Reviewed July 30, 2017

Why didn't we choose Intourist hotel for our stay? Because...the devil is in the details.
Great location and well known world wide reputation were leading us in that place. But at the moment we stepped in , we got a rude greeting from the guy in uncertain "uniform". He asked us: "What are we doing here and what do we want?" instead of expected "How can I help you?" He had cell phone in his hands and was talking simultaneously with us and on the phone. His appearance wasn't look like hotel guard service person, but behaved like Intourist was the highest top government security place ))). We scouted restaurant and surrounds. Restaurant was looking poor and not well decorated. But hostess was very nice and helpful. Hall in the hotel was looking depressive and not welcoming. So we chose another hotel instead.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank inna65
Reviewed May 24, 2016

This is a classic older hotel, but that has kept up with maintenance and the modern amenities. A bit of a language issue for English speakers, but the staff is friendly and will do their all to assist you. Comfortable bedding and well-appointed rooms. Like other reviewers have mentioned, I also arrived late, and appreciated that the restaurant served food until midnight! How rare is that? The restaurant/bar staff recognizes you, and makes you feel welcome. Adequate breakfast buffet, but rather limited. Booked a tour through the hotel, and it was quite good. Overall, this hotel seemed to take care of you and looked out for you. A solid choice in Volgograd.

• Stayed: May 2016, traveled solo
1  Thank Molliebclyde
Reviewed March 9, 2016

This is not on most peoples radar when traveling, but we had to go there, just cause...had a great time, fun people and loads of little walks and museums to see. The best was an old house set up as a museum and it was fun. We also went to a puppet show that is really for children, but had fun none the less, because the place was tiny a cute and the kids loved it it seems.

Room Tip: the town is so small and hardly any traffic...little to no noise and in a good spot to walk the river.
  • Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2016

On my way to Volgograd, entering it from the South - and in search of a suitable hotel - I passed a few on my way, but decided to continue towards the centre and find something there.
I must say that I didn't regret that! Hotel Intourist is centrally located at the grand place in the city centre, just opposite the enormous and lovely post office, a few hundred metres from the Volga river and only few kilometres from the Museum of the battle of Stalingrad and Mamayev Kurgan.

Despite it's appearance and facilities, it's pretty cheap, and the staff is helpful with everything, far beyond what I'm used to in hotels. They appear very professional in every aspect as well, and the fact that I had to get my motorcycle generator fixed locally helped emphasize this - since I had little luck in finding a suitable solution myself (even though I speak decent Russian by now), they called several workshops and managed to find one which had my generator repaired in an arms factory much faster than initially expected.
Because of them, I managed to reach Denmark in time for work. I'm very grateful for their help and kind appearance at all times.

Большое спасибо, отель Интурист - я благодарен Вам за помощь, и я считаю вернуться как можно раньше - до скорого свидания!!
Передайте мои наилучшие пожелания до Эльвира, пожалуйста! с",)

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled solo