“Friendly staff & clean rooms”

Super 8 Aberdeen Southern Pines
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Aberdeen
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Friendly staff & clean rooms”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The rooms were clean and well maintained. Everyone was very friendly and the staff was very helpful. We needed extra towels and they brought them to us without a problem. Ask questions about the area and they were very willing to give helpful information. No complaints at all.Convenient to everything.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Laurinburg, North Carolina
Reviewed February 12, 2013

the rooms are big and clean, its affordable and the staff is always friendly. the pool is small though. you can walk to restaurants (may have to cross a highway). there is always rooms available. theres a laundry room and vending area. no room service or fitness center. they have handicapped rooms

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This motel gets a bad rap for no apparent reason. Come on folks if you want a Resort stay at one if you are looking for a clean, safe room with an outstanding staff stay at this Motel 6. I travel a lot and anytime I'm in the Pinehurst/Aberdeen Area I always stay here. Yea the property is old but it is safe and clean. This place has the most awsome employees, from the manager down they really go above and beyond to make you feel at home. As for me I will continue to stay at this Motel 6.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Southport, North Carolina
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Moved three times due to bugs at 3am. Outside pine bark is infested as well as rooms. Smells, falling apart, uncomfortable and inconvenient. Felt unsafe due to who else was staying there. You get what you pay for, spend the extra and go elsewhere.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank beachmama49
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have stayed at many Motel 6 during my years and not all were positive experiences. Even though this Motel 6 is on the older side, the room was extremely clean, the bed slept well, the air conditioner worked well. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The only complaint that I even had was some of the channels on the television were not clear, but was not a big deal to me. The only thing that I wished Motel 6 as a whole would also do would be to offer free wi-fi instead of making the customers pay extra for the wi-fi.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
baskerville, virginia
Reviewed May 15, 2011

First of all, I am NOT a hotel/motel snob but I SHOULD HAVE TRUSTED MY JUDGMENT! We were taking a relative home to Laurinburg, NC and decided to stay in Southern Pines for the night and return home the next morning. I let my relative make reservations here for my family of 3 and herself. THEN I looked for reviews here. I should have done that first but when a family member says they've stayed at a motel and that the place is nice and the beds BIG............. Anyway, I'll know better next time. On top of that when I looked at their website it stated "REFRESHED" and the picture of the bed that popped up when I placed the mouse over it looked bright and inviting. First we were supposed to be in a NON SMOKING room with 2 queen beds. I opened the door and was hit in the face with the smell of cigarette smoke. I looked on the door and there was a no smoking symbol on the door. The door itself looked as if someone had tried to beat it in. There were at least 2 good sized dents in it as if someone angry had hit it. Back to the room- there was an ASHTRAY on the bedside table. Why would a non smoking room need an ashtray? I sat down in one of the 2 chairs present and kind of leaned back before realizing the chair was about the come apart. I had to place it against the wall before I felt it was safe to sit in. The beds were not standard queen size. There was no way my husband and I could fit together on one without strapping ourselves together to keep from falling off either side. My daughter went over and sat on the other bed and I thought she was going to keep going. I told her to stand up and where she had sat was sunk down so much it looked as though the bed would fold up in the middle. I told my relative the beds were too small and that we needed a handicapped room besides (thought she had requested one as I need one for my daughter who needs assistance bathing). She returned to the front desk (before me- I arrived just as she had finished asking for a different room). We were re-assigned a accessible room. I let my husband place the suitcase in the room and he just stood there shaking his head. I was tired and just wanted to get my relative home so I could get some rest. We took her home and on the way back my husband said the beds in the new room were even smaller than the beds in the first room we were given. We returned, got our luggage, and returned the key. The only positive thing about the place is that the staff at the front desk were polite. I guess they're used to people changing their minds. To be perfectly blunt, the place is a rat-hole basically. I would sleep in my van before sleeping here. Honestly, it reminds me of one of those 'pay-by-the-hour' places. My review may appear harsh but this was my experience and I don't sugar-coat things especially when it comes to lodging away from home. Yes, I realize the rates were CHEAP but I've stayed at cheap places that were still CLEAN. As a matter of fact, we had stayed at an Econo Lodge in Florence, SC just a week before for less than $50 for the night and it was a palace in comparison. Here is a complete list of questionable items:

1) Front door had dents in it; looked as if someone had tried to break in; brings into question your security
2) Non-smoking room- smelled strongly of smoke and even had an ashtray on the bedside table
3) 3 or 4 nickle-sized stains on the carpet that appeared to be blood near the bathroom door
4) Carpet in front of the door- quite stained and dirty
5) Bedding smelled old/dusty- not laundered recently
6) Queen sized beds? - no way!
7) One bed sagged midway on right side of bed - looked as though it would fold in like a rollaway
8) Floor had some 'give' in several areas
9) Chair quite shaky, not safe to sit on

Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank milkmanswife
Pilot Mountain, North Carolina
Reviewed August 8, 2006

We stayed in this motel for one night while playing in a golf tournament in the Pinehurst area.

The Good...
The room was pretty clean
The Air Conditioner worked well
All rooms are on the ground floor
Room size is what you would expect for this type of establishment

The BAD....
The TV reception was terrible (couldn't watch a few of the channels)
The ice machine was not working properly
When we arrived, our guarenteed reservation of a two bed room was given to someone else and I had to haggle with the clerk for 20 minutes to secure the type of room I booked.

All in all, we just wanted a safe place to sleep and the Motel 6 provided that. The rate was the lowest in the area and I expect we could have paid close to double without receiving anything better if we had stayed at some of the other motels in the area.

• Liked — Good rate and clean room
  • Disliked — Terrible mattresses and the ice machine wasn't working
  • Stayed July 2006
    • Check in / front desk
4 Thank birdiman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Aberdeen
Best Western Pinehurst Inn
Best Western Pinehurst Inn
#3 of 12 in Southern Pines
Hampton Inn & Suites Southern Pines-Pinehurst
Econo Lodge & Suites Southern Pines
Econo Lodge & Suites Southern Pi...
#9 of 12 in Southern Pines
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
Holiday Inn Express & Suites
#2 of 12 in Southern Pines
TownePlace Suites by Marriott Southern Pines Aberdeen
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#4 of 7 in Pinehurst

Been to Super 8 Aberdeen Southern Pines? Share your experiences!