“Locals love it”

La Poblanita Mexican Cafe
Ranked #14 of 51 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This is e place locals love. While there are numerous Mexican restaurants inn the area this place is consistently excellent. It's a hole in the wall but features unique items as well as the usual fare.

Reviewed September 25, 2013

WOW... REAL Mexican food. I mean like the folks from S.O.T.B. Eat! Not the usual chips and salsa either. They have a home made brew w/ no telling what was in it... but it was good. Cooked up and served with a different flair. So if you are looking for the Speedy Gonzalez... look somewhere else... this stuff is Authentic!

SaleebScore: Service was just OK (guess they know they are good) 6/10, No free cupcake for my birthday girl. Food makes up for it: 9.5/10 on the MexFood index. Atmosphere... well it is a bit run down dive-like but hey so is the home country.

Stay Thirsty My Friend (yes, a life size cardboard statue of the famous pitch man for XX)

The Innkeeper at the Pine Gables told us folks would come from all around for this Mexfood. I can see why.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Went on the advice of some friends after asking about a good Mexican restaurant recommendation. We were not disappointed. The place does look like a total hole in the wall! The staff (appear to be family run but don't quote me) were very friendly and helpful when trying to decide from the hugh variety of menu options. They brought out warm tortilla chips and salsa, a little runny formula tastes but still very good. I had the taco/enchiladas combo and my wife had a shrimp in "Mexican sauce" dish. Both were very, very good. Do not pass this place up if looking for some great Mexican cuisine! The only down side is that I didn't see a kids menu for my midgets to find something on.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Hole in the wall old fashioned Mexican place, very authentic, food is delicious. Being a former Californian, I am used to fresh. Their burritos are huge, some spicy, some not. Owners are always there. Great food, nice people!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Lunch today with my daughter. I agree it is authentic Mexican food, better than most with better quality ingredients. The atmosphere is much like a Mexican dive bar, dark, poor tables and chairs a bit of neon over the bar. The menu is complete and our lunch was exceptional; better than any other local mexican pub.

Yes, the salsa is thin, but the chips were warm and tasty. This was our first trip and came from enthusiastic recommendations from my office mates. I will return and look forward to exploring the menu. I had tamales, my daughter had the chimichinga.