“Looks like a dump, tastes out of this world!”

La Poblanita Mexican Cafe
Ranked #11 of 51 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Edmonton, Canada
“Looks like a dump, tastes out of this world!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Went on the advice of some friends after asking about a good Mexican restaurant recommendation. We were not disappointed. The place does look like a total hole in the wall! The staff (appear to be family run but don't quote me) were very friendly and helpful when trying to decide from the hugh variety of menu options. They brought out warm tortilla chips and salsa, a little runny formula tastes but still very good. I had the taco/enchiladas combo and my wife had a shrimp in "Mexican sauce" dish. Both were very, very good. Do not pass this place up if looking for some great Mexican cuisine! The only down side is that I didn't see a kids menu for my midgets to find something on.

• Visited August 2013

“Authentic and fresh”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Hole in the wall old fashioned Mexican place, very authentic, food is delicious. Being a former Californian, I am used to fresh. Their burritos are huge, some spicy, some not. Owners are always there. Great food, nice people!

Pinehurst
“Local Mexican Resturant”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Lunch today with my daughter. I agree it is authentic Mexican food, better than most with better quality ingredients. The atmosphere is much like a Mexican dive bar, dark, poor tables and chairs a bit of neon over the bar. The menu is complete and our lunch was exceptional; better than any other local mexican pub.

Yes, the salsa is thin, but the chips were warm and tasty. This was our first trip and came from enthusiastic recommendations from my office mates. I will return and look forward to exploring the menu. I had tamales, my daughter had the chimichinga.

“Muy Bueno!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Marginal ambiance, great food, fast service, friendly staff. Overall a pleasant experience, but several loud children rather annoying.

Paul Baxter

“Real Mexican Food”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Ok, this place is not fancy - it's a little local place with a huge menu and really, really good food. It can be a little loud, at least it was tonight because the place was packed. On a Tuesday night when it is pouring rain, the place was jumpin' What does that say about the food? That people go there for the food and not the window dressing. The service is very good, the portions are large and I will enjoy my leftovers for lunch tomorrow. Very reasonably priced too, I might add.