All reviewssouthern pinesgolf tournamentgreat hotela great staymanager's receptionwafflesrestaurants and shoppingthe breakfast areawould stay here againking suiteroom was cleanfront desk stafffresh fruitthe hotel staffshort drivecomplimentary breakfastup to date
Reviewed April 6, 2012

everything was great except the hard beds. I could be spoiled but didn't sleep well. everything else was wonderful.

Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nobody0123
Reviewed March 22, 2012

The Hampton Inn experience is fairly standardized throughout the hotel chain - which is a good thing, because you know what to expect. This location lived up to the Hampton Inn standard, including comfortable beds, breakfast of eggs, biscuits, waffles, yogurt and fresh fruit and an afternoon Happy Hour of beer, wine and pizza. I was attending work training in the hotel's conference rooms for 4 days and stayed for 3 nights.

My room was a king standard room. Hampton has duvet comforters on their beds, which are very nice, but also very insulating, which meant that I had to turn the A/C to 65*, which is 5* cooler than my usual sleeping temperature, to sleep comfortably. On a high note, the HVAC is controlled by a digital wall-mounted thermostat, which also has the option of "fan on". I like this as it creates a constant "white noise".

I noted a few drawbacks:
1. No microwave or refrigerator in the standard room (very unusual for a hotel in this price range).
2. The internet was dreadfully slow!
3. The rooms have 32" LG flat-screen TVs; however the TV in my room was detective, as 1/2 of the screen was blurry with bad colors. I informed the front desk of the issue at check-out.
4. The hotel has many large flood lights pointed at the building to "show it off" at night. While a nice look from the outside, these lights bleed light around the blackout shades into the room.

There is a small, but nice work-out room and adjacent indoor pool and a nice lobby area with a large flat-screen TV. There are no restaurants within walking distance, but several within a few minutes drive.

Be aware that the hotel may be somewhat difficult to find. It is located behind a large strip shopping center down a drive between a Best Buy and other stores and is adjacent a subdivision on the back side. Many in my training group stated that their GPS couldn't find the hotel. I have a Garmin, which tried to turn me down a street that didn't exist as I entered town, but recalculated and brought me to the hotel with no other issues.

I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank usc33
Reviewed January 20, 2012

We have been going to Pinehurst for years and recently found a rather new Hampton Inn there. The prices are absolutely amazing for the Pinehurst area. Our group was treated extra nicely by the staff and Ruby, the gal who handles the FREE breakfast bar could not have been any nicer. She is reason alone to go back and stay. We also found that we saved enough to play some extra rounds of golf and found a nice little course called Mid Pines that was extra special.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank a36redbaron
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Booked the room in advance. Got a smoking room instead that could not be ventilated. There was urine on the toilet seat and the room was so smelly we just couldn't manage it so we attempted to move to another room. Staff did not assist in the move. Our downsized room still seemed to smell of smoke but it could have been the lingering scent in my hair and clothes. The new room had no fridge. Tried to book the non-smoking suite for our next night but staff said there was no way of knowing if the room would be available or if it would be non-smoking. Staff never checked the computer....and, with unparralled attitude, dealt with me as if I were a pestilence . Terrible service. Terrible rooms.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank kasedge
Reviewed January 1, 2012

had a suite clean, beds were great sleep quality was great, breakfast in the morning was very good , great waffles., only a couple of down falls was desk chair in room was hard couldnt sit on it, shower was good wish they had towels inside the bathroom. Pool was perfect and so was the weight room. will come back. everyone was friendly!

Room Tip: higher the better then you dont hear the person above you!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo