All reviews central hotel train station kirov square supermarket kettle
Selected filters
Reviewed August 30, 2018 via mobile

As I often travel solo it's very important for me to stay in a safe and central location. Hotel Angara is located in historical part of the town. Rooms are small but clean. Staff is polite and helpful. Buffet breakfast has all you need. I will stay again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Maria K, Менеджер по связям с общественностью at Hotel Angara, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2019

Dear guest, thank you very much for your feedback and good words to us! We will be glad to see you again!

Reviewed June 23, 2018

We got a very nice 2 rooms hotelroom. It was a very nice and very clean room. Everything looked nice and was furbished in a typical russian style. The room was very clean and the beds were very cosy. We got some very good rest there and would stay there again any time!
There is also a Pub called "London Pub" in the hotel. It is more like a restaurant than a pub but a good place to spend an evening with good staff and good food. The hotel is located in the city center right at the Kirov square. It's the perfect place to explore the city and there is a supermarket right next to the hotel.
If you're in Irkutsk this Hotel is a good adress!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

I arrive here and checked in. They kept my passport for about 2 hours to register me. I went up to my floor and was met by another reception lady. I went to my assigned room and it wasn't cleaned after the previous person. I told them and they changed my room immediately. The room itself was compact but sufficient. The bed was comfortable and the shower was hot and powerful. The WiFi was great and the hotel was very clean.

However my new room key wouldn't work. I was told I'd have to go back to reception. Why have a receptionist on each floor if they cannot help me. I found that strange. Also don't expect a smile from them. I know Russian hospitality differs from home but this was very bad.

On check out I wanted to store my luggage for 3 hours. That cost 100rub and it seemed to be an inconvenience to them.

Breakfast was in the London pub which was lovely. Typical Russian breakfask.

Location was very central.

Would I stay again. Probably not.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 2, 2017

Rooms quite small, but clean. Breakfast at adjoining London Pub was of good quality. Staff is indifferent, unresponsive, and unfriendly.
If you are nostalgic for a dour Intourist Soviet-era experience, this hotel carries more than a whiff of that atmosphere. Nothing severely wrong with this place, but it has a weird vibe and is a depressing place to be. Surely Irkutsk has better options on offer.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

In general, the hotel was nice (clean, comfortable, helpful staff). However, the air conditioning did not work all the time and it was quite noisy at night because it is such a large hotel. We tried to go to the swimming pool but for some reason it was 'booked out' on that evening. The breakfast was nice, however.
The location is very central, so this suited us.

Date of stay: August 2017