Tripadvisor
Irkutsk
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews excellent hotel marriott hotels usual marriott breakfast buffet international hotel standard amenities business class hotel english language skills could be anywhere service level ritz carlton nice place to stay green line hotel restaurant tourist route atm machine and speak excellent english
Selected filters
Reviewed January 3, 2020

I stayed 1 night at the Courtyard to break up the long train journey from Moscow to China. After the usual argument with the taxi driver from the station (Russian taxi drivers are right up there with the best when it comes to being determined to rip off any and all tourists) it was very nice to walk into the hotel and have the smiling receptionist tell me that the room was ready even though it was hours before the official check in time. I was also upgraded to a superior room on the top floor. As it turned out the upgraded room was still pretty small perhaps appearing more so because of the big 4 poster bed complete with gauzy draperies. The bathroom on the other had was much bigger than standard and included an oversized bath that did not dwarf the room. The sleeping room included the usual Marriott amenities – safe, espresso maker, big flat screen TV, mini bar fridge (empty) and good wifi. The bathroom surface was crowded with little plastic bottles plus soap, dental and shaving kits, shower caps and packets of cotton buds. More than I am used to seeing in other Marriott hotels these days. The room was well heated against the outside Siberian winter chill.

The receptionist spoke good English and was helpful in directing me to various shops in the city (bookshop, supermarket, pharmacy) drawing the route out on a map. Another receptionist (or perhaps it was the same one) very helpfully called a taxi back to the station for me the next morning and ran about outside in his thin work clothes when we couldn’t find it even though the company said it had arrived.

The restaurant was closed for New Year’s Eve but the bar was serving dinner from the same menu. Pretty standard stuff but perfectly serviceable especially after many days on a train. I had a hamburger and French fries with a shot of vodka all of which was reasonably priced and well presented.

Although the hotel was pretty standard Marriott the very welcoming and helpful reception staff made the visit worth taking time out from train travel. Recommended.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed October 20, 2019 via mobile

Very quick respose from Hotel confirmation after booking. Arranged transfer service with high grade vehicle and pick up in time.

Especially thanks to the front desk staffs for (1) helping contact Airport about the delay lugguage and (2) contact the hotel in Olkhon to re-arrange the pick up transportation due to we need to go airport once again for the delayed luggage. (forgot to ask the name of those staffs who are very nice and helpful)

The room is comfortable and the buffet breakfast also good.

Location is near to attraction such as "Khram Vo Imya Spasa Nerukotvornogo Obraza" & "Bridge with love locks". It takes around 5~10mins only. Go to 130 Kvartal by car just 5mins.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2019 via mobile

I travelled to Irkutsk via Beijing with my friends.
My luggage stuck in Beijing, after I filled in some forms in airport, we went to the hotel.
I only stayed one night in the Hotel.
The staff of the Hotel was very helpful, he notice that we have one luggage less and asked to copy my document and offer to help.
Although the airport wouldn’t provide information until the luggage arrived, it feels really comforted that a local person offer to help.
Based on the response of the the Airport and Hotel, I think it’s a common case.
Airport told me the luggage will probably arrive on next day.
The Hotel staff helped us to arrange a taxi to the airport to pick up my luggage.
The room is comfortable and the breakfast provided is good too.

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 21, 2019 via mobile

Everything was good here. Check in was quick and professional. Airport transfer was easy to arrange with the hotel in advance and showed great flexibility when our flight changed. Location is good, easy enough walk into the city centre. Breakfast was good. Staff good with good English language skills.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 7, 2019 via mobile

Undoubtedly my worst hotel experience. Upon arrival at 4.40am, we were told that their booking system is not working properly and that our room was not available. Out of 10 rooms that we booked for the extra night before, we were offered 5 rooms. We were told that all rooms will be ready in 1 hour. After our long flight and having fully paid for the prior night, we had to wait for the hotel to clean the early checkout room. We called the day earlier to reconfirm everything and was told that it's all good. This overbooking policy is totally unacceptable.

We asked to see the general manager and were conveniently told that they cannot contact him. When as to see the supervisor they told that he wasn't at the hotel. In the end we had to wait for guests to checkout until we get the room.

Worst come to worst they did not offer anything other than for us to wait. Not even water. When requested to be reaccommodated they offered to put us in ibis. I can't believe this hotel deserve to use the Marriott brand.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
VladimirA846, Guest Relations Manager at Courtyard Irkutsk City Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2019

Dear Kanaik,

On behalf of the hotel management, we apologize for the inconvenience you encountered. We understand your feelings about the fact that you did not receive the expected level of service at check-in. We are very sorry that you had to wait for a room, however this is not a normal situation in our hotel. Let me assure you that we will take all necessary measures so that this does not happen again.

Dear Kanaik, we will do our best to make your future stay in our hotel both comfortable and enjoyable!

Vladimir Andrianov