“Supremely knowledgeable and wonderful guide. A definite yes!”

SibTourGuide - Siberian Day Tours
Ranked #2 of 9 Tours in Krasnoyarsk
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Since 2003 Siberian Tour Guide (SibTourGuide) invites everyone to join our private guided hiking, walking and car trips through Krasnoyarsk and the surrounding areas. We specialize in personalized and custom tours that offer a unique perspective on all aspects of our city – history, museums and present day life, local culture, wildlife and countryside. Visit the main local highlights such as the Stolby Nature Reserve, Krasnoyarsk dam, Krasnoyarsk sea (Yenisey river) and others!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Supremely knowledgeable and wonderful guide. A definite yes!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

As an avid trekker and climber I'm not usually a guided tour person but, having heard about the tics at the Stolby Nature Reserve and not knowing the best routes (all signed in cyrillic), I decided I might like to have someone knowledgable about.

I joined one of Anatoliy's day tours to the reserve at the last minute and am so glad I did! Anatoliy was wonderfully knowledgeable about everything to do with the area - from the best lookout points to the diferent free soloing routes, the climbing culture and lore of the area to ecology of the reserve and it's social history. Overall we had an awesomely fun trip that was tailored perfectly to our group -right down to the food! The bread baked by Anatoliy's wife for our picnic lunch alone is worth joining another outing for.

If you're in Krasnoyarsk and want to really see and get into where you are, a trip with Anatoliy is a must!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank AllyATWorld

Perth, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent hike in Stolby Nature Reserve”
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I rarely ever book into tours, being on a perpetually tight budget and generally being more of a explore on my own kinda person. Having said that, this was a great way to see interesting natural landscape with minimal hassle and time. Anatoliy is definitely a great tour guide - he speaks excellent English and has a great deal of interesting local knowledge to share. He is also a wonderfully hospitable person and immediately made me feel welcome in his hostel and in Krasnoyarsk. I wouldn't say this was cheap for me personally, but I'm sure it's a reasonable price for what it is. After the often frustrating experiences encountered travelling solo in Russian with limited language skills, it was nice to relax for a change and I am pleased i made the choice to join up.

Highly recommended.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank snough16
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent service from a passionate tour guide”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Myself and my girlfriend stayed in the hostel that is run by Anatoliy and sibtourguide and we went on a half day hike in the Stolby reserve.

The hostel is a flat that is well furnished and very central in Krasnoyarsk and was ideal for what we needed. We paid a little extra for the pick up from the station in the morning which was well worth it.

Anatoliy is one of the managers of the Hostel and the tour agency and he is a fantastic host. He is very informative about the area and the town and is very passionate about and proud of the surrounding nature in the Stolby reserve.

He took us on the half day hike and took special safety precautions to avoid any tick bites that are a risk at certain times of the year. The reserve is fantastic to see and Anatoliy is very knowledgeable about the nature in the reserve and the history of how it came to be.

Could not ask for more from a hostel and tour guide and prices are also very good.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Rory H
Brighton, United Kingdom
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Unforgettable day”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We have just had an amazing day trip to the Stolby nature reserve. The area is incredibly beautiful and you can't ask for a better guide than Anatoily. In perfect English he taught us so much about the nature reserve and the Krasnoyarsk region as a whole. If you are coming to Krasnoyarsk I can't recommend Stolby enough, and I definitely recommend going with Anatoily. Without him we would certainly have been lost and missed some of the gems of the park, and even thought we went on a private tour (just my partner and me) it was extremely reasonable in price. Thanks Anatoily and Stolby!

Visited April 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Thr hike in Stolby Nature Reserve will take your breath away.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I was part of a group of three in SibTourGuide's two day guided hike in Stolby. We were blessed with a couple of beautiful days in March that gave us a mix of snow and sunshine. The rocks in the reserve - spectacular in their own right - looked amazing in their dusting of snow, and glowed in the late afternoon sun. We got our fair share of fresh Stolby air during the first day, hiking for around nine hours (of course with a few well earned breaks in between). Our friendly and capable guide Anatoliy clearly enjoyed his job - he told us all about the history of the park and the different people who have been associated with it. We enjoyed Russian refreshments on the summit of one of the rocks: rye bread baked by Anatoliy's wife, pickled cucumbers, cheese, tea & biscuits, and, of course, a shot or three of the national drink. We overnighted in a hut owned by one of the rock climbing clubs that are active in the reserve, which was another positive experience, and the following day were free to wander around the reserve as we wished. We spent a few meditative hours on top of the second rock just soaking in the endless vistas of dark green taiga. All this was had for a very reasonable price. If you come to Krasnoyarsk and see only one thing, let it be Stolby. I believe SibTourGuide also offers shorter hikes (half day and full day) if you're short on time.

Visited March 2013