“Unexpectedly Good”

Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Ufa
Ripponden
“Unexpectedly Good”
Reviewed March 22, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights during a business trip to Ufa. The exterior is decidedly old Soviet Union, but the interior is very much new Russia. The giant TV screen in the hotel restaurant was a low point, but my room was modern and spotlessly clean with a powerful hot shower and there is an excellent buffet breakfast available. If this hotel is not good enough for you then you are either unlucky or in the wrong country!

Stayed March 2014
ibayramova, AZIMUT Hotels at AZIMUT Hotel Ufa, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Guest!

Thank you very much for your positive feedback about AZIMUT Hotel Ufa. We are very happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us and liked the room, breakfast, level of cleanliness.

We do hope to welcome you back in AZIMUT hotels both in Russia and Europe
Please let me know if I can be any assistance for you
With kind regards,
Irada Bayramova (ibayramova@azimuthotels.com)
Quality Director - AZIMUT Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is supposed to be the best in town. I hope not. The staff in reception is so young they totally lack the ability to read who is in front of them. The rooms are not worth the rate. I paid extra for a double room and got a twin room for 100 euro per night. 12 m2 and a real dose of soviet in tourist feeling. When I complained, front desk told me I have to pay more. I told them that I would be happy to get a refund and go to another hotel. Finally they gave me a room that was at least this side of the millennium. Warning for Azimut. Third time- same experience.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Andrew S, Управляющий at AZIMUT Hotel Ufa, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
Dear WaltD66,

First of all,let me thank you for your feedback.Not so many foreign travellers strive to leave their comments so far.
As you noticed there is a letter from myself in all guestrooms with my e-mail adress asking to contact me in any case which you consider as unappropriate in this hotel. I use to react immediately.It is very pity that you did not give me the possibility to talk to my staff , clarify the issue and make the things right.Next time you are more than welcome to discuss everything that warries you.If you have plans to visit us again please do not hesitate to contact me at asakin@azimuthotels.com and I shall personally take care of your reservation.

With best regards,
Andrew Sakin
Antalya
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Refurbished old building. Done well. New and trendy interior surprises you with wall mounted iPads, connected lobby bar and reception, home style kitchen area to meet and create buzz, small but versatile rooms... I stayed only 2 days and all staff was very warm, helpful and always with a warm smile. Especially front office staff...

On the other hand, I could't understand how all rooms on 3rd floor don't have safe? ( when I spoke with reception, they send from an other room) My shower has low pressure (not a deal breaker but not expected from a new hotel), No fresh juices in breakfast but having fresh ground coffee balances this.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Andrew S, Управляющий at AZIMUT Hotel Ufa, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear sophron,

It was a real pleasure for me to receive such a nice comment about our staff. I will immediately share your feedback with my team .The warm "Home away from Home" hospitality service is something that makes us different here in AZIMUT Ufa.
As for your comments about safes in rooms- we have finished the renovation and are expecting all rooms to be equipped with safes in the nearest future.
If you have plans to stay with us again,do not hesitate to contact me at asakin@azimuthotels.com
and I will answer all your questions with pleasure.

With Best regards,

Andrew Sakin
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

The first Azimut outside of Moscow to be fully renovated from rooms to lobby and restaurant - they have done a great job in raising the quality of the hotel and this is a great option for any business trip to Ufa. Wifi is free and there is a nice lounge style lobby to sit and relax or work in

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Andrew S, Управляющий at AZIMUT Hotel Ufa, responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Dear djenk_moscow,

Thank you very much for such a nice and realistic feedback.No doubts I shall share it with my team.
Hope to see you again among our regular guests)

Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

I've only stayed in one other Azimut Hotel. This one has clearly been hugely refurbished very recently. The lobby is brilliantly designed - lots of niches to sit and talk without everyone else being able to listen in. Comfortable, too. The only downside is constant piped Europop, which makes it hard-to say the least- to have a business conversation there. The lobby also contains an excellent, open-plan bar, which sells good, and appetising snacks (quite unlike its sister hotel in Novosibirsk). The dining room was a less happy experience, at breakfast anyway, where a visiting sports team, staying at the same time as me, appeared to have cleared the buffet completely. They do serve a good 'business lunch' though- in nicely private cubicles. If the hotel's food is not to your taste, there are other restaurants very nearby-a short walk through the local park takes you to them.

The rooms are very modern, very small, but brilliantly designed-I found mine really comfortable, with the best hotel pillow I've had for a long time. The bathroom was clean, compact and well appointed, and the shower was excellent. The desk was small but snug. Everything is brand new.

Two caveats: there are no safes in any rooms and one person in our party 'lost' his waIlet, quite possibly from his room; and the doors and seals are so new that they don't always lock without being pulled shut. Despite these, I found it a comfortable and well-designed hotel, and I would recommend it for the business traveller.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Andrew S, Управляющий at AZIMUT Hotel Ufa, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Richdhous....

Thank you for such a nice and constructive feedback.I will share it with my Team and we will do our best to repair that minor issues you have mentioned in your comment.
I would be glad to personally handle your reservation during your next visit to us.If you have any other comments do not hesitate to contact me at

asakin@azimuthotels.com

Andrew Sakin & Team
Azimut Hotel Ufa
switzerland
Reviewed November 13, 2013

this hotel aspires to be a 'western' ***** hotel...it is maybe half way there....but it has roots firmly in socialist soviet times......hence the title of this review........the saving grace of the hotel is the young ladies on reception....they SMILED GENUINE SMILES! ...and they were always willing to help...as far as they could of course......check in was swift....i was escorted to my room which was tiny but blissfully quiet.....all ok....it seemed.....later i discovered that the minibar was not working...in fact it was acting more of an oven than a refrigerator as the contents were warm.....and the safe was not working......the former was replaced after i had reported it....but: 'i am afraid we can do nothing about the safe...none of the safes on this floor are working'....oh well.....breakfast was fine...an excellent variety and the coffee from the machine was very good indeed.....the hotel is somewhat out of town....but bus number 226 which stopped right outside the hotel took me to the ufa i knew.....the bed was very comfortable...the tv had an excellent variety of channels....bathroom was well appointed and the shower...with a head shaped rather like a ukelele ...or frying pan...worked perfectly....any reader of my reviews will know that i NEVER, EVER use the minibar....so poor anton at check out had to stand and confront my ire when he tried to charge me 150 roubles for 'something from the minibar'.....a small supermarket nearby will supply you with the necessities of a stay in russia.....vodka etc.....i heard on the grapevine that some genuine hotel chains are 'in the pipeline'...until they open you are stuck with the azimut or the bashkortostan...

Room Tip: ground floor (to the left when facing reception) if you want a quiet room
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Andrew S, Управляющий at AZIMUT Hotel Ufa, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear nealjojo,

It was a real pleasure for me to receive such a nice and objective feedback from you.Of course there are still some areas for improvement in our and we are doing all the best to meet and exceed our guests expectations.
We are striving for being the best hotel in Ufa city as well as all Azimut Hotel chain strives for being one of the best on the Russian hospitality market. Thank you for the warm words about our Reception staff,I will share this feedback with the team.It was good to hear your comments about our rich buffet breakfast.
If you have anything else to share please do not hesitate to contact me via e-mail:
asakin@azimuthotels.com.

Thank you again very much for your stay and hope to see you soon.

Scotland
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed for two weeks. The hotel was undergoing major reconstruction so had to suffer a room change, lack of electricity, lack of hot and cold water. In general these inconveniences were not well handled.
Hotel is expensive.
Old rooms are very basic and pretty shabby. New rooms are very nice and well equipped.
Staff are pretty inattentive especially in bar/ restaurant where they never smile and act like the customer is disturbing them when requesting service. Reception staff are good though.
Breakfast is ok, lots of choice. Restaurant is ok for dinner, nothing special though.

Room Tip: Higher floors are new but probably more expensive.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Andrew S, General Manager at AZIMUT Hotel Ufa, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear BigEdo
Thank you very much for your feedback.It`s always very important for us to receive constructive comments and use them as a powerful tool to improve our service.I have addressed your comments on Restaurant staff to the restaurant manager and he will concentrate his efforts on
ongoing training and staff development.I also want to thank you for very warm words about the reception team as well as about our new Deluxe rooms wihich I will pass to our european designers.I also would like to let you know that on August,1st we are opening some other Deluxe rooms as well as our new SMART concept modern and stylish lobby where you can relax afler a long day,have some tasty dishes and variety of drinks and enjoy the comfortable relaxing lounge atmosphere.
If you have plans to visit us next time it will be a pleasure for me to personnally take care of your reservation .My email: asakin@azimuthotels.com

Executive Director