“Never again”

Ranked #62 of 349 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Singapore
“Never again”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Was scheduled to check-in on non-peak weekday (Tuesday), emailed hotel in advance to request for non-smoking room with 1 big bed.

I also highlighted to them that I am Accor Platinum member, please guarantee non-smoking room, receptionist replied no problem.

Upon arrival at hotel, I realized my original room (written on welcome drink card) was given away! I was instead given a very poor room that stank heavily in smoke.

I asked for change of room but receptionist said "sorry no", in the end I had to BEG her for a spray, which she said is only a ONE-TIME gesture.

Apparently, this hotel does not give a care if you are Accor Platinum member. I AM NOT EVEN ASKING FOR FREE AMENITIES, JUST GUARANTEE ME A NON-SMOKING ROOM! This is a basic guest right! Let alone a privileged guest!

I developed a very severe cough, and mild asthma attack in the middle of the night, and had to struggle to let in freezing winter air to save myself.

I literally crawled to the bar to get hot water to sooth my throat, but the bar lady GLARED at me, saying it is 12:05am, TOO BAD BAR IS CLOSED!

Luckily I met another staff member nearby who saw the commotion, and gave me water out of pity.

I thought that Ibis is a renowned hotel brand, and I can depend on it in a foreign land. No I was wrong, almost died. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank newzl
Nicolas_Torio, Directeur général at Ibis St. Petersburg Centre Hotel, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis St Petersburg Centre. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At ibis, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located close to the Moskovsky railway station (if you come from moscow by train) and in walking distance from Nevsky prospekt where the majority of places of interest is located. It is pretty reasonably priced. The standard room we had was very tiny though.

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Julia V
Dear Julia,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis St Petersburg Centre. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Cologne, Germany
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

This is a nice hotel with slightly above IBIS average service and breakfast.

The location is good, though not perfect, with just a few minutes walk from Nevskii Prospekt. However, it took us almost 1 1/2 hours to get here from the airport during the rush hour. Leaving on Sunday was quick, though.

Tip: Check out the independent art project with Seder Bar in Nr. 74 on Ligovskii Prospekt (just 2-3 Minutes from the Hotel). It's a great place we didn't expect in Russia. It's also hidden behind a gate. Don't hesitate using the simple door to get inside the complex.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Marcel W
Nicolas_Torio, General Manager at Ibis St. Petersburg Centre Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Marcel,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Sankt Petersburg Centre. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Best regards,
San Diego, California
Reviewed October 25, 2013

The Ibis in St Petersburg is in a great location, close to the train station, close to the metro and walking distance to several restaurants.
The hotel is clean and functional, I would stay here again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank scasti
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment. We will be happy to welcome you back in our hotel at anytime.
All the best from Russia.

With warms regards,
Pune
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed here for 5 days. The room was small with little amenities. No refrigerator, no kettle. However, enough hot water made available for making tea in room for which one had to go the cafeteria each time (quite painful)! The bathroom was large, neat and clean. Big pluses - free wifi in room; great location - close to Galeria Mall; tram/bus and rail station if you are going or coming from Moscow; close to Nevisky Prospect where all things to see are there. Grateful for being allowed to check in early and check out late!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SUSHIL_BALI
Nicolas_Torio, General Manager at Ibis St. Petersburg Centre Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the review.
I am sorry to hear that Ibis have not met all of your expectations. Unfortunately, we do not have fridge and kettle in rooms, however snacks and drinks can be ordered in our bar 24 hours.
You are always welcome to check-in earlier than usual in case we have free rooms at the moment of your arrival.
Best regards, Nicolas Torio
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

my mother and I stayed here on the 14th of sept for a week. The rooms small but cleaned every day beds changed 4 times in the week. Staff very helpful and friendly even tried to teach me Russian. Breakfast for everyones likes. no kettle in room but we know that and brought our own. perfect for getting around st peterbourgh had a great time

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family