“Very pleasant”

Ranked #63 of 354 Hotels in St. Petersburg
DERBY
“Very pleasant”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed here for two nights as part of a tour.

My room was clean and neat; the bed was comfortable; I slept well; the staff were polite and efficient. I enjoyed my breakfast even though it was a little unconventional for a British traveller like me - but I was able to find nice things to eat. I didn't have a great view from my window but I wasn't too bothered about that.

The location is ideal for getting to the huge Galleria shopping centre.

It met my expectations as a good base for a tourist. I was perfectly happy with my time there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Nicolas_Torio, General Manager at Ibis St. Petersburg Centre Hotel, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your words and positive review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Very close to Moskovsky Vokzal (Railway Station for trains to Moscow) so this is a pro for staying here if you are arriving or leaving by Train.

I arrived at 11am and didn't think room would be ready but staff member who 'greeted' me was a disgrace to the Ibis brand. Never in my life have I had such a miserable welcome at a hotel. Shame on her.

Other staff encountered during the stay were very pleasant. Room was possibly worst room in hotel- 307. It faced a roof top where 'staff' kept walking past my window in through some weird door. It meant the whole time I was in my room I had to keep curtains shut.

Room itself was fine and comfy, though air on very loud and floor filthy! Actually I dropped my iphone on the floor and when I reached under the bed I got more grams of dust than phone!

Shower was very powerful, bathroom nice in general.

Fire alarm sounded at midnight during my stay which woke me up. I called reception and was told someone had smoked in their room and It was nothing to worry about.

Dined in restaurant and food was decent, breakfast fine too.

Overall you could do worse in St. Petersburg, but for the price I paid I could cry.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicolas_Torio, General Manager at Ibis St. Petersburg Centre Hotel, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for the review and I am really sorry to hear this.
I would like to apologies for the inappropriate service provided during your stay.
Thank you for providing the number of your room, we have taken the measures in order to prevent this kind of issues in future.
I hope otherwise your visit to our city was pleasant!
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Hotel is located very conveniently near the Moskovsky Vokzal (Railway Station for trains to Moscow) and less than a kilometer away from nearest metro stations (Two metro stations located at a walking distance from the hotel). Professional front office staff, very helpful and ready to assist. Rooms are matching with IBIS standards worldwide and offer great value for money if booked in advance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Aksh400001
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments.

I will share it with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

With best regards,
Tanunda
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights as part of a tour, our first taste of Russia. Hotel was close to a massive shopping centre which was handy at times, as well as close to public transport, buses and train. The room was adequate, breakfast was good, we had one meal from the restaurant and was ok. Staff were not too bad and as our trip went on I and I realized there is zero customer service in Russia, so they were probably as good as we encountered. The only thing that would stop me going back would be the rock hard bed, easily the worst I have ever slept in, probably better on the floor, so it was nearly good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank barossabazz
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments. I hope that generally the service culture in Russia will grow with young people travelling around, however it takes some time. Sorry to hear that the bed was harder than you prefer, however we have now confirmed the investment in new beds, which will be installed in the mid 2014 according to Sweet Bed by Ibis concept.
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed here as part of a tour so I can't comment on the price, but the bedroom was clean and comfortable with nice soft Egyptian cotton bedding. No frills and only limited space for clothes but I was only there a few days. Air-con was rather noisy though and didn't seem to actually cool much, which was a problem as it was very hot during my stay. My room was round the back so not a particularly good view, but then I had no traffic noise nor did I hear anything from other rooms. Good choice at breakfast though the toaster broke and some items ran out and they seemed slow at refilling. Good location, though about 10 minute walk to the station, probably at least 30-40 minute walk into the centre.
Reception desk took our passports and instead of returning with a couple of hours, they kept them and refused to return till we checked out. Not a problem for me but some on our trip needed them to get money changed.
Still, a good place to stay for a short break.

Room Tip: Not the front overlooking the main road.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and sorry for some delays in service.
It is true, that we have to take the passports of our foreign guests for the first night in order to be entered in the government registration system, which is done during the night. The passport can be taken back already next morning after arrival.
I hope otherwise your tour to Saint-Petersburg was successful!
Midlands
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights in August and was pleasantly surprised. Our room, although small was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was of a good standard and nothing seemed too much trouble for the girls at reception, who all spoke and understood English. Free WiFi was available throughout the hotel and 2 computers were also available to use in the reception area free of charge. A free safe was available near reception and we never had a problem getting staff to open it for us. No kettle in the rooms, so you may want to take one with you. Small convenience store 50 metres down the road, turn left out of the hotel. Food and drink tends to be expensive - found more reasonable priced 'Grizzly Bar' (yellow sign) on Nevsky Prospekt - turn right out of the hotel, past shopping mall, up to the Alexander column then left down Nevsky Prospekt about 200 metres.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank MidlandsJoanne
Dear Joanne,
Thank you for the detailed and positive review. I hope you enjoyed Saint-Petersburg! Our hotel is really in the middle of the city and nightlife, so next time when you visit us our receptionists will be happy to recommend some more interesting places to dine and check.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Great location, just off the main street in St Petersburg. As you'd expect from IBIS- no frills but clean and mostly comfortable (despite the rock hard bed!) Good breakfast with lots of variety (some a bit strange-pasta?!) Good value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank CSonic
Dear guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Saint Petersburg Centre. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

We are currently working on to change our beds for next year trying to provide the best confort for our guests.

With best regards,