St. Petersburg Tour Guide - Anya
Review Highlights
Wonderful Tour Guide

Our small group of four had the exclusive care of Anya for two days while we explored St... read more

Reviewed August 29, 2019
Kochia
Hardys Bay, Australia
Fabulous tour of St Petersburg!

We stopped in St Petersburg for an evening and a day on our Baltic cruise. Anya did an amazing job... read more

Reviewed July 8, 2019
tammilisson
Oakville, Canada
via mobile

All reviews two days baltic cruise small group private tour sp itinerary peterhof knowledge moscow sights palace st petersburg
Selected filters
Reviewed July 15, 2018 via mobile

I highly recommend booking Anya and her team when in St. Petersburg!! On extremely short notice, Anya designed a 3 day itinerary for 8 people and secured visa free tour documents that allowed us to come and go from our cruise ship with no issues. She was responsive and accommodating in setting the itinerary. Our group had mixed interests and paces yet Anya made sure everyone was happy. On the last day of our visit, one group member had severe back pain and Anya made sure to get her a wheelchair for our tour through the Hermitage and Catherine’s Palace. She was happy to deviate from the set itinerary and create new plans on the fly. Anya’s wit and charm is only outdone by her seemingly endless wealth of knowledge on Russian history and culture.

Our tour was affordable and enjoyable for all - don’t spend too much for a big, impersonal cruise ship excursion. We will absolutely be booking another tour with Anya if back in the city and recommend her to friends!

Date of experience: July 2018
Anya V, Owner at St. Petersburg Tour Guide - Anya, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review!

Spending time with your group was a lot of fun and enjoyable!

Reviewed June 25, 2018 via mobile

Visited on a cruise but opted out of ship's shore excursion and used Alla Tours instead. They were great. Only 8 of us in group, a lot cheaper than ship option, our guide Veronica was very experienced, really new her stuff and most importantly managed to get us to the front of queues. The version of Swan Lake they organised was at one if the best theatre's- the Alexandrinsky - and top quality performances, unlike the reports we got back from the ship's option.

Date of experience: June 2018
Anya V, Owner at St. Petersburg Tour Guide - Anya, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2018

Dear Simon L,

Thank you for taking time to write a review, but I'm afraid I am not associated with Alla Tours. I think it would only be fair to them take down this review and post it on their TripAdvisor site. Thank you!

Reviewed June 6, 2018

Anya was highly recommended by friends who had visited Russia last year. Anya replied promptly to all emails and took time to tailor an itinerary that suited our age (late 60s), interests and budget. We chose a 2-day walking tour which, we felt, showed us a city we would not have been able to discover on our own. Anya herself was a discovery: warm, open and very knowledgeable. She answered all our questions and conveyed a sense of her lived experience with anecdotes from her life which we appreciated her sharing with us. In an ideal world we would love to keep in touch with her but realize she probably invites that feeling in all her clients.

Date of experience: June 2018
Anya V, Owner at St. Petersburg Tour Guide - Anya, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! Please do keep in touch and let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future!

Reviewed May 30, 2018

Spent two days docked in St Petersburg as part of a Baltic cruise. Booked a guide through Alla Tours who were highly recommended by Viatour on behalf of TripAdvisor. The Guide was called Alex and he spoke excellent English using battery operated technology. His knowledge was exceptional and at the same time he could be very amusing, Only 16 people on the very comfortable coach and we were able to gain early entry to all the favourite tourist attractions. This tour was definitely the highlight of the cruise and should not be missed by anyone visiting the city. The Cruise organised trip was for nearly 40 people was 50% more expensive. The only downside was clearing Russian immigration on the first day which took around 30/40 minutes but that was outside the control of the tour company. Wrap up well if cold or wet. Prices include all costs apart from tips for the guide and driver.

Date of experience: May 2018
Anya V, Owner at St. Petersburg Tour Guide - Anya, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2018

HI Sherry147.

Although it is a lovely review, I'm afraid that I am not associated with Alla Tours. I think it would be fair to them if you took down this posting from my TripAdvisor page and moved it to their TripAdvisor page. Thank you!

Reviewed May 16, 2018

Wow! All I can say is Wow!

St Petersburg was the highlight of our cruise and Anya was a big reason for that. She knows St Petersburg and it's history, seeing things with her allowed us to see more and really get to know the City and it's history.

We talked to several people that took tours with other guides, and I can guarantee you that we got to know the City much better than them thanks to Anya.

Thank you again Anya!

Date of experience: May 2018
1  Thank Mr_SHY
Anya V, Owner at St. Petersburg Tour Guide - Anya, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2018

Thank you so much for your kind words! Please keep in touch and let me know if there is anything that I can do for you in the future!