“Wonderful experience all around!”

Rossi Boutique Hotel & SPA
Ranked #24 of 358 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed August 14, 2010

Due to the fires and smoke in Moscow, we had to travel on two overnight trains to get to St. Petersburg. We were exhausted by the time we arrived, but as soon as we got to the Rossi Hotel, we loved it. We mostly stay at boutique hotels, so the compact room size did not bother us. The bathroom was large, the bed was comfy, there was a flat screen tv and a mini-fridge too. The location couldn't be more convenient, right in the heart of the city, yet just far away enough from the noise and hustle & bustle of Nevsky Prospect. The staff is great, especially Svetlana, Sveta and Mikhail, all of whom were very helpful with suggestions and making sure we were comfortable. Whether you visit on business or leisure, the Rossi Hotel is a great place to stay when you're in St. Petersburg.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nyknicksfanatic
RossiBoutiqueHotel, General Manager at Rossi Boutique Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2010

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your comments. We really appreciate your contribution and your opinion is extremely important for us as you have great travel experience. My colleagues from reception desk send you warm greetings and their kindest regards. We would be glad to welcome you back to our hotel on your next visit to St Petersburg and we will do our best to make your stay comfortable.

I wish you a nice day!

Reviewed July 17, 2010

I arrived in St Petersburg airport without my luggage, which hadn't made it through Heathrow as quickly as I had. It took me over three hours of waiting in lines in the arrivals area simply to report my luggage missing, by which time the taxi arranged to meet me by the Rossi Hotel had given me up.
A phone call to the hotel quickly produced the taxi again, and I was quickly driven to the Rossi where I was met by a simpathetic young receptionist with a smile (not a very frequently available commodity in Russia I found). Though my lost luggage was obviously not the fault of the hotel, she said that to make up for my discomfort she had upgraded my room to a Standard room (from a "single room"). Thereafter for the next two days, she and the other reception staff made frequent phone calls to the (disfunctional) lost luggage department at the airport -- mostly met by busy signals -- attempting to get my luggage delivered. Their helpfulness and good nature made a very aggravating situation much more bearable.
My room at the hotel was attractively decorated, well equipped and spotlessly clean. It also turned out to be very quiet. Breakfast was included in the price and was a well laid out buffet in the spacious hotel dining room. One great benefit that also came with the room was that on registration I was told that I could give them a "favorite phone number," which I would then be able to call as frequently as I wished and talk for as long as I wished without charge. I gave my home number and called my wife in the States each night, talking for more than 25 minutes. Sure enough, there was no charge!
The only negative that I can think of is that the hotel is located perhaps 5 km from the Hermitage and its surrounding sites. That's a bit of a hike, but it provides an excuse to explore the Nevskiy Prospect.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank jchBCS
RossiBoutiqueHotel, General Manager at Rossi Boutique Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2010

Dear Sir,

Thank you for staying with us. That was a pleasure for us to welcome you at Rossi boutique hotel. Things do happen, and nobody is 100% protected from luggage loss or things like that – we are living in a dynamic and very complicated world. I am really glad that we have made you feel a bit more comfortable during your waiting.

On behalf of my colleagues once again thank you very much for your warm words about their work and the hotel in general.

Reviewed July 17, 2010

I'm completing my 4 days stay here and there is nothing other than praises that come to mind. Every single experince at this place was either great or fantastic. The staff is superb, food is excellent, rooms are enchanting to say the least - I catulally asked for a tour just to see all the designs.

I think this is how a boutique hotel supposed to look and feel - great job! I'm certainly staying here on my next visit to SPb.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank Mi_Jo_Av

Dear Sir,

I really appreciate that you have chosen Rossi Boutique Hotel for your Stay in St. Petersburg. The whole Rossi hotel team sends you warm greetings and wishes you success and prosperity in your business. It would be a great pleasure for us to see you again in the nearest future.

Sergey

Reviewed July 15, 2010

Unlike others that abuse the "boutique hotel" label, Rossi is a genuinely intimate hotel with low-key service, great food and an interesting location.

It's smaller than it appears from the outside with an appropriate number of rooms. We liked the original artwork everywhere, helpful staff and historic charm. If you're staying for more than a couple of days I would suggest avoiding the standard rooms as they can be quite small.

The hotel breakfasts are elegent, simple and fresh. There is lots of choice and you won't be dissappointed. Rossi is located conveniently near the river-cruise landings and directly across the Fontanka from some of the hippest and most interesting neighborhoods. It's a bit farther away from the Hermitage and Neva boat landings than some other hotels.

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ShanghaiJululu

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your warm words about our hotel. I really glad that we have succeeded to add some positive moments to your impression of St. Petersburg. It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Rossi boutique hotel.

Have a nice day!

Reviewed July 12, 2010

I was in St. Petersburg on business for a week and really enjoyed my stay in this hotel. It has all the amenities needed for a successful business trip - comfortable rooms to relax after a long day, free internet, impressive lobby and conference rooms. The restaurant is top notch and convenient to have dinners with business associates. Highly recommended for people travelling on business and are looking for comfortable and classy surroundings.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank WTrav60763
RossiBoutiqueHotel, General Manager at Rossi Boutique Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2010

Dear Sir,

On behalf of Rossi Boutique Hotel I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us during your business trip. I wish you success in business, enthusiasm and energy for numerous new projects. We would be happy to welcome you back to our hotel.

Have a pleasant day!

With kind regards,

Sergey

Reviewed July 10, 2010

Had seen good reviews and recommendations but my wife and I were still happily surprised by our stay. Hotel was wam and comfortable, felt a bit like a home away from home in a strange city. Staff scrambled and stretched several times to help us, even when I would have accepted a polite response that our requests/ needs were too difficult. My particular kudos to Svetlana at the front desk who was tireless in helping and advising us, even in "crises". Would note to English speaking visitors that the front desk staff speaks excellent English, but do not assume that the other staff are fluent.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SingExpat_10

Dear Sir,

Thank you for choosing Rossi Boutique Hotel and your hotel review. We really appreciate your comments, and I assure you that we will make everything possible to enhance knowledge of English among housemaids and technical staff. I send you warm greetings from the whole hotel team. We all look forward to welcoming you back!

With kind regards,

Reviewed July 5, 2010

I have stayed in the Rossi Hotel on 3 business trips. It is a wonderful hotel. Each room has it's own personality and the staff is wonderful. The location is perfect for a walk to all the great attractions of St. Petersburg. The attached Restaurant is very nice and the food is a little pricey but is very good.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank WorleyGuy
RossiBoutiqueHotel, General Manager at Rossi Boutique Hotel & SPA, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2010

Dear Sir,

I would like to thank you very much for staying with us. It is an honor for us that you and your company have chosen Rossi boutique hotel to stay during your business trips to St. Petersburg. I wish you success in business and perfect conditions for implementation of existing and new projects. I look forward to welcoming you back, and we will do our best to make you next stay very comfortable.