I didn't expect much after having read several of the reviews on TripAdvisor, but Azimut Hotel surprised me in a positive way.
Yes, I have been to more luxurious hotels in my life, but they were situated in other parts of the world, where conditions are different.
For a russian hotel Azimut ain't all that bad.
My room (on the 5th floor) was spacious (I admit that my travelmates had smaller rooms) and very clean. However, like in all russian hotels, I have been to; it was very warm, and the only way to regulate the heat is by opening the window (much traffic outside) or leave the aircon on - which didn't work all that well, but well enough to cause me a cold.
Bed and pillow was very good. Nice bathroom, not big, but modern.
Staff was friendly, check-in was fairly fast. So was check-out.
1. The pièce de résistance, the rooftop bar, was closed due to renovation. I had been looking forward to that view!
2. The breakfast buffet is a regular nightmare in the weekend! Not that the food is that bad (just mediocre), but there are SO many weekendguest, and unless you turn up the minute the buffet opens (07.30), you'll be in line for 30-45 minutes just to get in. The you'll stand in line for the cold buffet, then the hot buffet, then the coffee, then juice......my God!)
3. Azimut is far from the center,. We walked home one day, and I'll only recommend that to good Walkers. I guess there is about 4 kilometers or even more. There is a metrostation about 1 kilometer away from the hotel (metro is easy to use) and there are busses, which I never really tried.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The AZIMUT Hotel Saint Petersburg is situated on the banks of Fontanka River in the historical center and is the tallest hotel in the city, boasting 581 rooms, many with amazing views of St. Petersburg only an easy 5 kilometers from Nevsky Prospect and 13 kilometers to Pulkovo International and Domestic Airports. The location of the hotel allows excellent and easy transport links, including metro, taxis and cars with drivers to the city center, airports and all major attractions. During your stay you can rely on the expertise of our professional 24-hour Concierge, at your service to suggest restaurants, cultural performances and offer experienced advice on how to make the most of your time in St Petersburg. The closest hotel to the world famous Mariinksy Theatre and the remarkable Troitsky Cathedral are among the many attractions that are close by. Business or Leisure the hotel offers everything you need, dedicated and helpful service staff, a variety of room types including the hotel's new SMART rooms, restaurants (including great eat-in or takeaway Pizza), Sky Bar on Level 18 with the breathtaking panoramic floor to ceiling views, extensive meeting and banquet rooms, on site SPA means that you will have a very comfortable stay with us. Friendly multilingual staff is here to assist you with anything you need to make your stay at our hotel and in St Petersburg a comfortable, successful and pleasant time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Expedia, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Azimut Hotel Saint Petersburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azimut Hotel St Petersburg