“Excellent Tour Service”

St Pete Private Tours
Ranked #7 of 447 Tours in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Exclusive tours. Only personal guides, flexible itineraries, hotel pick-up, instant online booking and payments by card. We speak English, Spanish, Italian, German and Portuguese!
Reviewed June 17, 2016

My wife and children (ages 4 and 8) and I spent four days in St. Petersburg at the end of May. We worked with Anna at St Pete Private Tours to organize several outings. Based on our experience, I recommend them very enthusiastically. I coordinated a relatively complex series of requests for three different days with Anna via email. She was exceptionally responsive, thoughtful and agreeable. She was able to accommodate all of our requests, from arranging airport transfers to a private canal tour on arrival to walking tours of some of the city's great attractions and the Hermitage Museum. Everything was organized very professionally, and our guide (Nadiss) was very good. She was good-natured, punctual and able to adjust her itinerary and comments according to our interests and the children's attention span. Overall, we found everythign about working with St Pete Private Tours to be entirely agreeable, including their prices. Their tours (and guide) were much better than another tour we arranged through our 5-star hotel. I note also that I have been to St. Petersburg several times previously, so I have a good sense for how to navigate the city effectively and St Pete Private Tours did a fantastic job for us. Many thanks, Anna and team, for a great trip!

All reviews
"walking tour"
in 35 reviews
"catherine palace"
in 24 reviews
"great tour"
in 19 reviews
"main sights of the city"
"beautiful city"
"rainy day"
"come alive"
"other attractions"
in 3 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"

Reviewed June 13, 2016 via mobile

Our trip to St Petersburg has been a wet one but it hasn't changed our view of St P as a great city. We took a tour with Katerina out to Peterhof and it was an excellent visit. There were miles of queues but Katerina has a can do attitude and sharp elbows so we jumped to the head of the line. The palace was beautiful and Katerina was knowledgable about the details, but the room guides (guards!) keep you moving so it's impossible to linger. Katerina gave us an excellent tour of the park and grounds (even though she got us wet at the trick fountain!) we had a great day and recommend both Katerina and the Peterhof tour.

Date of experience: June 2016
Reviewed June 10, 2016 via mobile

We did the St Petersburg walking tour and the Peterhof tour with Katerina as our guide, and thoroughly enjoyed it! We learned a lot about the city's rich history and culture, and Katerina went the extra mile to make sure we get the most out of our tours! Highly recommended! :)

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank JoieAura
Reviewed May 31, 2016

We had a walking tour and Sasha was our guide. We visited the Hermitage and other attractions. Sasha has an excellent knowledge of the history behind each of these attractions. In Hermitage, she managed to take us through most of the important artifacts and paintings though we had limited time. She made the tour quite interesting by quizzing us on little but significant details that we had not noticed.

I believe we would have missed many important details if not for this tour. For e.g. Sasha showed us a building and told us how it was used as a training school for 'ladies in waiting' during Catherine the Great's rule. The girls in this center were not allowed to speak Russian. Such historical trivia made everything so memorable.

Well, another aspect which I really liked is Sasha's knowledge and her view on the Soviet Era and the current political scenario. You can hold a discussion with her on world affairs and Russia's role in it all.

So, the other factors, she met us at our hotel. She was kind enough to take us to a camera shop because my friend wanted an accessory. At the end of the tour she took us to a nice shop where we could buy souvenirs. On our request, she also took us to an Indian restaurant and had lunch with us.
I highly recommend her. To me visiting a country is not only about viewing the major attractions, it is also about understanding the history, culture,and the people of the land. I think I understand Russia better because of Sasha.