“A rainy day at Peterhof”

St Pete Private Tours
Ranked #7 of 447 Tours in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Exclusive tours. Only personal guides, flexible itineraries, hotel pick-up, instant online booking and payments by card. We speak English, Spanish, Italian, German and Portuguese!
Reviewed June 13, 2016 via mobile

Our trip to St Petersburg has been a wet one but it hasn't changed our view of St P as a great city. We took a tour with Katerina out to Peterhof and it was an excellent visit. There were miles of queues but Katerina has a can do attitude and sharp elbows so we jumped to the head of the line. The palace was beautiful and Katerina was knowledgable about the details, but the room guides (guards!) keep you moving so it's impossible to linger. Katerina gave us an excellent tour of the park and grounds (even though she got us wet at the trick fountain!) we had a great day and recommend both Katerina and the Peterhof tour.

Date of experience: June 2016
All reviews
"walking tour"
in 35 reviews
"catherine palace"
in 24 reviews
"great tour"
in 19 reviews
"main sights of the city"
"beautiful city"
"rainy day"
"come alive"
"other attractions"
in 3 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"

Reviewed June 10, 2016 via mobile

We did the St Petersburg walking tour and the Peterhof tour with Katerina as our guide, and thoroughly enjoyed it! We learned a lot about the city's rich history and culture, and Katerina went the extra mile to make sure we get the most out of our tours! Highly recommended! :)

Date of experience: June 2016
1  Thank JoieAura
Reviewed May 31, 2016

We had a walking tour and Sasha was our guide. We visited the Hermitage and other attractions. Sasha has an excellent knowledge of the history behind each of these attractions. In Hermitage, she managed to take us through most of the important artifacts and paintings though we had limited time. She made the tour quite interesting by quizzing us on little but significant details that we had not noticed.

I believe we would have missed many important details if not for this tour. For e.g. Sasha showed us a building and told us how it was used as a training school for 'ladies in waiting' during Catherine the Great's rule. The girls in this center were not allowed to speak Russian. Such historical trivia made everything so memorable.

Well, another aspect which I really liked is Sasha's knowledge and her view on the Soviet Era and the current political scenario. You can hold a discussion with her on world affairs and Russia's role in it all.

So, the other factors, she met us at our hotel. She was kind enough to take us to a camera shop because my friend wanted an accessory. At the end of the tour she took us to a nice shop where we could buy souvenirs. On our request, she also took us to an Indian restaurant and had lunch with us.
I highly recommend her. To me visiting a country is not only about viewing the major attractions, it is also about understanding the history, culture,and the people of the land. I think I understand Russia better because of Sasha.

Reviewed May 29, 2016 via mobile

We were in touch with "Anna" for suggestions and recommendations for St. Petersburg. And she was more than helpful.

The guide she sent - Sasha - was excellent.

Knowledgeable, smart & extremely adept at her job, Sasha carried forward the promise Anna made to us!

We did a 'half day private walking tour' of the Hermitage and other attractions with Sasha and she made it wonderful. We highly recommend them!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 27, 2016 via mobile

This is a perfect tour for your first trip to Saint Petersburg. I took an all day tour with Sasha and the experience was incredible. She met me at my hotel and then we set out for the adventure. Sasha was kind enough to pause for photo opportunities, which were numerous, and she was extremely knowledgeable about all things dealing with Saint Petersburg. It is amazing that after spending two hours at The Hermitage there is still so much more I did not have time to see. I also added the extra guided options to the tour of Church on the spilled blood and Saint Isaac's Cathedral. Lunch was a relaxing break and delicious. At the end of the tour Sasha walked back with me to my hotel. It is evident she loves Saint Petersburg and her job. I have only positive things to say about this touring experience. In total the tour was 8 hours, and be mindful that it is a walking tour of the city, so be sure to wear comfortable shoes.