“Excellent, charming hotel in the centre of the city!”
Review of EgoEast Hotel

EgoEast Hotel
Ranked #169 of 355 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Moscow, Russia
“Excellent, charming hotel in the centre of the city!”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

I have stayed here for several times and I really LOVE the hotel!!!
Superbl location, safe entrance, clean staircase.
Rooms are large and comfortable with giant windows. Nice beds. Large bathrooms with all things needed. Everything is very clean and tidy!
Wireless internet works brilliantly! Fresh pres all the time!
Staff is reeeaaly helpful! I`m thanking all the managers and Director everytime I come to stay with them.
And, they serve delecious breakfasts in the morning and provide free tea/coffee and backery all the day long)
Will come back soon!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Emelyan S
Polina_Marukhnova, Managing Director at EgoEast Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear Emelyan,

Many thanks for staying with us and your hotel review. I appreciate your high marks and recommending “Egoeast”. We are very glad, that you like our hotel and come to stay with us every your arrival to SaintPetersburg. It`s a great pleasure for us to accommodate you, all your colleagues and friends) And thank you for all your warm worlds and nice attitude to me and the staff.

We will be delighted to welcome you back!

With kind regards,
Polina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

I stayed 3 nights from 11 to 14 December 2012.
The hotel is a short 5 to 10 min walk from Dostoevsky station which I alighted. It is also within walking distance to many sights and a turn at the corner brings you to Nevsky Prospekt and Macdonalds is just nearby or there are cafe and other restaurants as well.
Although the hotel is conveniently located, I was less than delighted at entering the building and the hotel. The main door was faulty and needed a 7 seconds rule to follow to open it. When I was too "anxious" to open the door, I had to wait a while either to reattempt or for the receptionist to do it. Either way, it meant that I waited a minute or two standing at the doorway.
I had a double room which was rather comfortable. The bed was soft and the room well illuminated. However, The toilet had a stench whenever I entered. I would suggest that the hotel should consider using an air freshener.
Wifi connection was unstable. I was getting poor connectivity and at other times, the wifi just did not work. I had to get the receptionist to reset the server for me in order to use the wifi.
The receptionist were helpful but I don't really feel welcome as they were not smiley. When I was out for the day, my room was not cleaned well. Except for the bed which seems to be tidied, the bin was not emptied. I placed some dirty laundry on the bed for washing as instructed by the book in the room but it was not touched when I returned. On the following day, I left to tour the city st 9:15 am and returned at 5:45 pm to find that the bed was not even made with no signs of being cleaned.
There was one morning when I waited for my breakfast at the reception area. I was rather early at 8:20 am but there was no one in sight and after waited for nearly 20 minutes, the receptionist finally came by to ask what I would like for breakfast. It was the same the next morning at 8:30 am and I waited till 9 am before the receptionist walked in.
I chose the hotel based on ratings and feedback by booking.com and was bewildered. I would certainly choose another hotel the next time I visit St. Petersburg. Only for those who are looking for a convenient hotel in expense to poor service.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Han Kiong Ngan,
thank you very much for staying with us and providing extensive comments about your stay. We are glad that you mentioned some addvantages of our hotel, however you ranged it totally as poor. Everybody has its own objectiveness criteria, and we value yours.

However, we want to use possibility to explain you some things and maybe you will see something possitive in the aspects you have mentioned as dissadvantages.

We are very glad, that you found our location convenient for you. Yes, we are located just in the heart of the city, from our hotel you can reach easily main sights, business centres. We are surrounded by very good restaurants with differect cusines. By the way, soon we will sign contracts with some of them and will have possibilir\ty to provide nice complimentaries and discounts for our guests.

We are small and intimate hotel, that gives personal attitude to each guest. And we take care about safety of our guests. One of the points of our security system - doors with high level of security protection. It`s very easy to use - push the button, hear the alarm beeping, put the doorhandle down to the end, pull the door and enter. However, some guests have problems in understanding, that they need to put the doorhandle down to enter, they just take the doorhandle in their hand and start shaking the door annoying, why the door does not want to be opened by itself. That`s why we settled a rule - push the button and wait for a while - we will help you to open the door. 7 secondы is a medium period of time for the hotel manager to come up to the door and to open it.

We are glad, that you liked our rooms and found our beds soft and the room good illuminated. And we use air fresheners to make guests more comfortable. We use aromic candles and butters at the public zones and leave air fresheners in our bathrooms in order our guests could use them to get rid of the smells, appeared as a result of human activity.

We are very sorry, that you had problems with wifi connection. We will communicate with our serving company to have stable connection without any restartings of our networks.

We have discussed your case at recent staff meeting and are willing to settle some courses to improve our standarts of communication. However I should note that we have seen video-records of your conversations with hotel managers and we agreed that their actings do no mean unfriendly, because all of them talked sincerely and really tried to help you in all cases.

Our breakfasts start at 8:30 a.m. Due to we provide personal attitude to each guest, we are ready to serve at any time requested. We provide wide continental breakfast, added by hot dishes. We do not buy hot dishes and warm them up - we prepare everything by ourselves. And if the guest enters breakfast area and does not see anyone of the staff - staff member is just preparing breafast, just be patient and wait for some minutes. If your are not satisfied - please, do not keep silence, discuss the problem, and on the next time you will see the mistakes corrected.

Room cleaning is provided from 12:00 till 14:00 p.m. If you are in the room at this time - certainly we do not disturb you. If you leave the room in the evening only and want it to be cleaned - just put the special "clean me" table on the handle of the door. Usually it lays on a visible place in the room. If you need to wash your clothers, you should inform about it - not only leave it on the bed. Every day millions of people leave their clothers on their beds. And we will never guess, if the guest want them just to stay on his bed or be washerd without any requests.

We are very glad, that you have chosen our hotel according high ratings on booking.com. We have high rating at rather large amount of travel sites - booking.com, top hotels, tripadvisor, google, we are posted at most main guidebooks. We have guests coming to stay at our hotel several times a year for all 8 years we exist. We have guests staying with us for a month or two, finding our hotel the best one to stay in Saint Petersburg, because we are cetraly located, have nice prices, cozy rooms, personal attitude and a lot of services, free of charge as well. And we hope to continue this. We extremely value all the feedbacks, because they help sus to improve. And we are very thankful for yours review. If you will stay eith us at your next arrival, we will have a small present for you to show, how we value you and your attitude and to show, that we are much better, than you decided)

Hope you have nice winter holidays and thank you again for your opinion!

St. Petersburg, Russia
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Thank you very much for the comfort you provided! I was on a business trip with my friends - A+++ hotel!

What I really liked were those umbrellas you give to your guests when it`s raining. That is very useful as it`s always raining in Saint-Petersburg.

Wish you to stay on this level for long :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Polina_Marukhnova, Managing Director at EgoEast Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear Ilya,
thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us! I appreciate your high marks and positive description of the hotel comfort! Your remark about one of our free of charge services - umbrella rent is very important for us.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and value your kind wishes.
We will be very glad to welcome you back.
Houston,TX
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Don't be afraid to reserve at this small hotel, it is part of a larger tourist travel service. Our room was great . The staff was helpful and friendly. You could not find a more central location. Security is adequate also. They arranged a pick up taxi at the airport, that I reccomend. Go for it.

Room Tip: All the rooms are OK
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tomcat_Houston
Polina_Marukhnova, Managing Director at EgoEast Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Tom,
Thank you very much for reviewing your stay with us. I appreciate your high marks and positive description of the hotel location, staff and service, also referring to our partner transfer company. Your remark about high quality of your room and our location is also very important to us.
I am glad you enjoyed your stay and value your recommendations.
We will be very glad to welcome you back.
Araruama, RJ
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The hotel is extremely well located, very comfortable and the staff very polite and helpful. You do need to ring in order to enter the building, for the hotel is in it's second floor, but everything works really fine. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank FRANCOIS B B
Polina_Marukhnova, Managing Director at EgoEast Hotel, responded to this review, September 5, 2012
Dear Francois,

Thank you for choosing Egoeast and reviewing your stay.
I am glad that you enjoyed staying with us and that you liked our location and the hotel itself.
I also thank you for highlighting good job of the hotel staff and for your high recommendations.

We were very glad to accommodate you in our hotel and we look forward to seeing you more and more in our city and in our hotel!

The Netherlands
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Hotel EgoEast is small hotel, very unassuming. It is on the 1st floor so you need to ring the buzzer to be let into the automatic door. The staff are very friendly and exceptionally helpful - providing all the necessary documentation you need for visas, and arranging hotel taxi pick ups, etc. The hotel itself is probably more akin to a B&B - there is no restaurant or facility for an evening meal in the hotel itself. There are only 5 ensuite rooms. Breakfast is served in the reception area. It is simple fare - yoghurts, bread, cheese/ham and a cooked option of egg/sausage. The rooms themselves are a good size and are very clean. There is free WiFi which is very handy. There are no safe in the room but anything valuable can be stored in the central safe - which is what I did and everything was fine. The location is fabulous. Just off Nevsky Prospect and in walking distance to the main attractions of the Hermitage, etc. If you don't want to walk too far then the subway is close by. For restaurants and bars, there are a number very close - down Ulitsa Rubinshteyna (?) which is just around the corner. For us this was a perfect hotel for a long weekend of sight seeing.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dutch_Anglo_Couple
Switzerland
Reviewed July 23, 2009

I've booked the room myself without any agency. It was cheeper and i've got a discount. I recommend you to email the hotel the same way (hotel@tourworld.ru)
Excellent location, very tidy hotel, comfortable and clean rooms.We had emailed the hotel to let them know we'd be arriving early in the morning on an overnight train, and they emailed us back to let us know that our room would be ready upon arrival. This was very nice as we did not have to wait until late in the afternoon to check in.
Here all nearby: the shops, the well-known museums and galleries, theatres and night clubs, business centres. The metro stations “Mayakovskaya”, ”Vladimirskaya”, ”Dostoyevskaya” are only a 3 minute walk, the railway station “Moskovskiy Vokzal” is a 10 minutes walk.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple