“Good location & convenient surroundings”

Holiday Inn St. Petersburg Moskovskiye Vorota
Ranked #63 of 359 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed October 1, 2013

This hotel was what you would expect from the chain: decent sized rooms, coffee & tea maker in the room, including 2 *free* bottles of water, ironing board, & large buffet breakfast. The Metro was just a few steps away, as was a supermarket & several restaurants. While we were in a no-smoking room, smoking was allowed in the restaurants & cafe, which made it hard to eat at the hotel once a large convention arrived. As others have noted, the high speed internet in the room was expensive, but the easy solution was to go down to the lobby where it was free & there were seats & desks for that purpose.

Room Tip: The building is like a labyrinth, so choose a room close to the elevator unless you want your mornin...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LadyMarion

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Nice hotel. The Rooms were clean and well kept. All of the staff that I dealt with were professional. The breakfast that was included was pretty good. Overall my only issue was that the "tourist" area wasn't very close. It was about 1000 rubles to St. Isaac's Cathedral (well worth it, but the cab drivers...wow!!!).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Happy_bird_11, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg Moskovskiye Vorota, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Michael S,

thank you for warm words about our hotel.
You are right, taxi is pricy in our city, but in 50 meters from our hotel is a metro station. On trip costs a little bit more than half of Euro.
The very center of the city is only in a four stops away.
And central stations are really beautiful, it's something of "must see"
I hope to see you in our hotel again,

Best regards,

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Being conveniently located, this hotel is always crowded with people. Be ready that your booking will be lost upon arrival, be even more happy after discovering it after half an hour in the waiting line. Sometimes the room may be cleaned in the late afternoon, and I was never sure it had been properly sanitized ever. Ah, they even forgot to bring me a shaving kit. So, you get no service for the significant price. Never again, Holiday. Thank you for the worst holiday I ever had.

• Stayed: September 2013

Dear Bad_Belkin,

I was very upset to read your comment about your stay in our hotel.
And frankly speaking I don't understand what was wrong.
Your reservation was lost. For this can be many reasons and 75% of these reasons are out of hotel responsibilities. I would be very pleased to know some more details about your stay to check what has happened.
You've posted your review in the end of September, I guess You were here in September as well. Yes, it was a very busy period for us with a lot of congresses and early check ins. Unfortunately we had to postponed guest in house service to later hours on some days.
I'm very sorry that my colleagues forgot to bring you a shaving kit.
Again, unfortunately I can't do any investigation and make any correction work because I have no details.
We pay a lot of attention to our service quality and I would be happy to know all other reasons of your disappointment and so low evaluation of our hotel.
To react accordingly and to make any necessary corrections I need more details - date of your stay, your name or your room number.
You will help me a lot if you find a minute and write me an email with this information.
Hope to see you again in our hotel,

gm@hi-spb.com

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed here as part of a tour group. The hotel is clean with comfortable rooms. The beds were very comfortable. We ate at the breakfast Buffett which had many offerings. It was very good but crowded. The hotel staff was very friendly. The price for high speed internet in the room was pricey so I used the free wifi that was available in the lobby. The hotel is located by the metro. It is 4 stops to Nevsky Prospekt on the blue line.There are also some restaurants nearby. We ate at the Studio Pizza twice during our 3 day stay. There is a grocery store right next door to the hotel. Some in our group bought rotisserie chicken and wine for dinner there. The elevators are busy but we didn't have any long waits. There are 2 ATM machines in the lobby. The gift shop was very reasonably priced with a wide variety of souvenirs and toiletries. We had a very pleasant stay and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 18, 2013

It was a comfortable stay for two nights.
Assistance and service from reception was good.
There are ATM's in the lobby which you can exchange your Euros or Dollars for local currency.
I found the soveniers at the little shop in the hotel was not badly priced, most items were cheaper than elsewhere in the city centre.

It is quite a distance from the city centre, but the Metro is across the road from the hotel; it is approximately 7-10min train ride to the city centre.
There is also a supermarket adjacent to the hotel.

I did not eat at any of the hotel restaurants, but did order room service, and that plate of food was thoroughly enjoyed - there is a service charge for room service though (a bit of a rip off, I think).
I also tried out the pizza/pasta place which is situated in between the hotel and the Metro. Pizza and pasta meals were good.

There is also a shopping complex further past the Metro, a few more blocks down, with a McDonald's, another supermarket, and a cute little coffee shop (nice for breakfast).

Overall stay at the Holiday Inn was pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Aurora M
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Our tour stop in St Petersburg stayed here for 2 nights. The hotel is nice, clean and the rooms are comfortable. However, we experienced a very busy hotel filled with travelers so it was very crowded, service was not optimum and the elevators were "over subscribed." The location is out of city center with a Metro closeby...which is probably OK for the independent traveler. The neighborhood is not the most scenic or filled with activities. Breakfast buffet was also very congested and not optimum. But the Restaurant Fusion upstairs was super! We had a steak and beef stroganoff = both were excellent! Overall, its a nice hotel (room) but you will have to overcome shortcomings of location, convenience and possibly service (if large tour groups are there).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed here for four nights as part of a tour.

The hotel is in a good location, close to a Metro station and with a supermarket next door, but it is not in the centre of St Petersburg so to see the sights you will have to travel.

It is a big hotel, so Reception can be very busy at times. My room was very good, with a comfortable bed and well equipped bathroom. The air conditioning was excellent. The staff were unfailingly polite, charming and helpful throughout, and I cannot fault their commitment and service to guests.

The breakfast buffet was excellent and, whilst I don't eat a cooked breakfast myself, the cooked food looked and smelled fine. However, the dinner buffet in the Rodchenko Restaurant was dreadful - the food was unappetising, largely tasteless and served lukewarm; this was particularly worrying as it was not obvious how long the food had been left there. I don't know why the hotel failed so abysmally with this - I have stayed in many Holiday Inns and have never had this experience before. If this could be put right then I might stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank valdy
Happy_bird_11, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg Moskovskiye Vorota, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Valdy,

I was very upset to read your comment about food on a lunch buffet.
We are a congress hotel and serve lunch daily for up to 1000 guest. Volumes of prepared food are so big that we physically can't have something not fresh.
I've forwarded your review to our Executive chef, he will strengthen quality control.
And I promise you with all my responsibility that your next visit you will not be disappointed about our food quality.
With best wishes,