“Pleasant stay”

Holiday Inn St. Petersburg Moskovskiye Vorota
Ranked #65 of 361 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed here as part of a tour group. The hotel is clean with comfortable rooms. The beds were very comfortable. We ate at the breakfast Buffett which had many offerings. It was very good but crowded. The hotel staff was very friendly. The price for high speed internet in the room was pricey so I used the free wifi that was available in the lobby. The hotel is located by the metro. It is 4 stops to Nevsky Prospekt on the blue line.There are also some restaurants nearby. We ate at the Studio Pizza twice during our 3 day stay. There is a grocery store right next door to the hotel. Some in our group bought rotisserie chicken and wine for dinner there. The elevators are busy but we didn't have any long waits. There are 2 ATM machines in the lobby. The gift shop was very reasonably priced with a wide variety of souvenirs and toiletries. We had a very pleasant stay and would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,296)

Reviewed September 18, 2013

It was a comfortable stay for two nights.
Assistance and service from reception was good.
There are ATM's in the lobby which you can exchange your Euros or Dollars for local currency.
I found the soveniers at the little shop in the hotel was not badly priced, most items were cheaper than elsewhere in the city centre.

It is quite a distance from the city centre, but the Metro is across the road from the hotel; it is approximately 7-10min train ride to the city centre.
There is also a supermarket adjacent to the hotel.

I did not eat at any of the hotel restaurants, but did order room service, and that plate of food was thoroughly enjoyed - there is a service charge for room service though (a bit of a rip off, I think).
I also tried out the pizza/pasta place which is situated in between the hotel and the Metro. Pizza and pasta meals were good.

There is also a shopping complex further past the Metro, a few more blocks down, with a McDonald's, another supermarket, and a cute little coffee shop (nice for breakfast).

Overall stay at the Holiday Inn was pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Aurora M
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Our tour stop in St Petersburg stayed here for 2 nights. The hotel is nice, clean and the rooms are comfortable. However, we experienced a very busy hotel filled with travelers so it was very crowded, service was not optimum and the elevators were "over subscribed." The location is out of city center with a Metro closeby...which is probably OK for the independent traveler. The neighborhood is not the most scenic or filled with activities. Breakfast buffet was also very congested and not optimum. But the Restaurant Fusion upstairs was super! We had a steak and beef stroganoff = both were excellent! Overall, its a nice hotel (room) but you will have to overcome shortcomings of location, convenience and possibly service (if large tour groups are there).

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I stayed here for four nights as part of a tour.

The hotel is in a good location, close to a Metro station and with a supermarket next door, but it is not in the centre of St Petersburg so to see the sights you will have to travel.

It is a big hotel, so Reception can be very busy at times. My room was very good, with a comfortable bed and well equipped bathroom. The air conditioning was excellent. The staff were unfailingly polite, charming and helpful throughout, and I cannot fault their commitment and service to guests.

The breakfast buffet was excellent and, whilst I don't eat a cooked breakfast myself, the cooked food looked and smelled fine. However, the dinner buffet in the Rodchenko Restaurant was dreadful - the food was unappetising, largely tasteless and served lukewarm; this was particularly worrying as it was not obvious how long the food had been left there. I don't know why the hotel failed so abysmally with this - I have stayed in many Holiday Inns and have never had this experience before. If this could be put right then I might stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank valdy
Happy_bird_11, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg Moskovskiye Vorota, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Valdy,

I was very upset to read your comment about food on a lunch buffet.
We are a congress hotel and serve lunch daily for up to 1000 guest. Volumes of prepared food are so big that we physically can't have something not fresh.
I've forwarded your review to our Executive chef, he will strengthen quality control.
And I promise you with all my responsibility that your next visit you will not be disappointed about our food quality.
With best wishes,
Eugenia Danilikhina

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Very nice hotel indeed. Staff were very pleasant and helpful. As a single traveller I was very pleased with my nice big room, I thought being able to have a choice of pillow was a nice touch although I was happy with the ones I had. Very clean bathroom, lovely shower with toileteries supplied. Tv, fridge and minibar in the room. I couldnt access the Internet on the fourth floor but it was free in the public areas. Its a busy hotel, popular with tour groups, so a lot of people coming and going, nevertheless the standards were very good. The hotel had a gym and spa but i didnt use these. Breakfast was excellent, self service with every type of food you could wish for. Dinner was also self service with soups, salads, three or four different meat or fish dishes and a good choice of vegetables. Nice selection of deserts & fruit. There is a supermarket next door and to the right of the hotel, the metro station is just a few minutes walk away, four stops take you right to the main cultural area of the city.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DorsetNomad49
Reviewed September 11, 2013

There's nothing wrong with the infrastructure of the hotel (except at breakfast - see below) and the location is pretty good only 4 metro stops from Nevskiy Prospekt but the staff are poor at this hotel in all aspects except at the reception desk. Room cleaning was patchy and waiting and bar staff all seemed disinterested. I much preferred eating at Studio Pizza round the corner for decent food and service.

If you are a fan of rugby then look no further than the breakfast area. There were scrums everywhere in peoples attempts to get their food. It was very overcrowded and needs better organisation.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg Moskovskiye Vorota, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear EKT&ADT,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It's nice to hear that you liked our hotel location. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. I am sorry to hear that there were certain aspects of your visit that did not meet your standards in particular the breakfast and staff services. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience it may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 8, 2013

I stayed in several different hotel in St Petersburg and I must say the hotel just
another ordinary Holiday Inn hotel. Nothings wrong with the hotel, reception
try to be very friendly despite they must welcome a lot of different group at the same time.

Room is clean but very standard. Also the breakfast.

Location, no... its not located in the tourist area. A supermarket nearby as well as bank for
money changer because exchange money machine was broken when I was there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Gregorius S
Happy_bird_11, General Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg Moskovskiye Vorota, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Dear Gregorius,

thank you for your positive review.
I hope to see you in our hotel again and I hope you will visit places which are really special in our hotel - restaurant of Russian & Soviet cuisine, steakhouse (one of the best meat restaurants in our city), restaurant of panasian cuisine or night club&restaurant. These outlets make our hotel very unusual.