“Very nice hotel. Not so good restaurant.”

Holiday Inn St. Petersburg Moskovskiye Vorota
Ranked #60 of 355 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Athens, Greece
“Very nice hotel. Not so good restaurant.”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

The restaurant during breakfast time was a bit of chaos (especially when Chinese people were around). There was not a sufficient variety of food.
The room was quite luxury and always clean.
There was no free wi-fi in the room.
The reception guys and ladies were very helpful.
The conference room on the second floor was not so good (the projector panel was so low that one couldn't read on the lower part of the screen dut to the heads of those sitting in front).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Geologiskos
PetroPalaceHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg Moskovskiye Vorota, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear Geologiskos,

Thank you leaving us your feedback!

We appreciate all feedbacks from our guests. All your comments will be passed to our departments to target the problem areas.

At the same time, we are delighted to know that you like our reception desk employee, and their loyalty and attention were helpful for you.

All your comments regarding our restaurant and conference hall services will be passed onto our Management Team.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you again in Holiday Inn Moskovskye Vorota!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Reviewed August 4, 2012

steps to the Metro and 4 stops to downtown made it easy to explore the city, beautiful rooms..we even had a smoking room!..with a great view! If they only had ice machines it would have been perfect! Great places to eat and drink both in the hotel and a short walk from the hotel..even a lovely grocery store that was clean and well stocked was nearby!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Terry R,

Thank you for leaving such a nice feedback!

We are delighted to find out that you liked your room. It is absolutely right that our hotel can offer both categories of rooms –smoking and non-smoking.

We would like to ensure you that your recommendation regarding having an ice-machine at the hotel will be passed onto our Administration.

Hope to welcome you again at our hotel!
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This is strange place as people are buzy without work. Rooms are poorly located from lifts as it takes walk of more than 100 yards on floor to reach room. Room has poor minibar n it was not replinished next day but I was charged on pretext of using it on second day. Despite my saying that I'm in wash room person to check minibar forced open my room n entered. Lobby looks like railway station with hoards of people sitting with luggage. Outside door people r smoking like chimmney. Not suitable for people on vacations with family

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Deepaktalwar
Dear Deepaktalwar,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your experience with the Holiday Inn Moskovskye Vorota. We greatly appreciate you are taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any upset the staff may have caused you.

Let me kindly explain you the situation with housekeeping service. Due to the strict instructions regarding how and when the housekeeper can enter the room, I am sure it was a misunderstanding, because they simply did not hear what you had said. We are really sorry for this!

Unfortunately, in high season it is a usual practice for any hotel, when a large amount of guests are checking-in at the same time and it is getting a little crowded in the lobby area. Probably, you have faced such inconvenience due to a rather high occupancy of the hotel at this time of the year. Please, accept our sincere apologizes if this situation brought you some inconvenience.

I hope that you will return one day and look forward for an opportunity to restore your faith in our Hotel!
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Great hotel. The best I ever stayed at. It's not exactly in the center of the city, but hotel is just a couple minutes away (by walking) from the subway station and there are only 4 stops to a very center of Saint Petersburg(Nevsky prospect). Usually I was spending 12-15 minutes to get there.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2012

I be been in different hotels from this chain, but its really the best. I can deeply advice to book executive room. It's just about 10 euro up, but much more bigger and with slippers and bathrobe, so you need not take it from hope. My advice-but sweets and tee in supermarket near main entrance and drink non-limited tee in your room.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear Serafim2012,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Moskovskye Vorota!

We are delighted to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel and appreciated a wide range of rooms’ category.

We would be happy to welcome you back to Holiday Inn during your next visit to St. Petersburg!
Harrison, New York
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My mom and I recently travelled to Russia and France. We had an amazing time in St Petersburg. I am so glad the trip went well and that my mom was able to fulfill her dream of seeing the Hermitage.

To be honest, I selected the Holiday Inn St Petersburg based on comfort zone; I am a Priority Club member, am familiar with the quality of the brand, and since I was travelling with my Mom (no tour), I knew we would be safe and secure, have access to the internet and a PC (we travelled with no phone or electronics), and could rely on an English speaking staff to ease my concerns, should they arise.

I would most definitely stay again at the Holiday Inn again in St Petersburg. Clean, large room; just 4 metro stops from 'downtown', with several restaurant choices and a food store close by, and a business center on-site. But most of all, attentive, friendly support.

From Anna who welcomed us at the reception desk (and always had a smile and friendly word)...

to the cleaning staff, who kept our room...

to Anton our driver, who spoke English well, drove like a pro, was very knowledgable of the local sites, and was extremely attentive to the needs of my mother and I.

and especially to Anastasia, the hotel's concierge. Anastasia's can-do attitude, attention to detail, and knowledge of the ins/outs of travelling in St Petersburg made our trip planning uneventful, and our travels a pure pleasure. A thank you to Anastasia for preparing our invitation letters, attaining concert tickets, arranging for our private tour guide for the Hermitage, and answering my multitude of questions re sites, weather, restaurants, etc. Anastasia demonstrated a total commitment to customer satisfaction; I had complete confidence in her recommendations and support.

A few learning experiences re our St Petersburg stay:
1. I was at first hesitant to use the metro. We waited to our last day to try, and were pleasantly surprised. It was clean and safe, but a bit fast paced for my mom (it was crowded, but someone always gave up a seat for my mom; I was so thankful)
2. the St Petersburg airport was crazy; getting there 3 hours before flight to Paris was not enough time to get thru. Luckily our Air France flight was delayed

My thanks again for the kindness and attentiveness of the Holiday Inn staff.

Room Tip: We asked for a room upgrade; stayed in a large room on the 12th floor
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HAP53A
PetroPalaceHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg Moskovskiye Vorota, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time and posting such a detailed feedback concerning your stay at Holiday Inn Moskovskye Vorota.

It is a great review and I sincerely thank you for it! I am so glad we could help make your trip run smoothly, and you were happy, comfortable and safe with our hotel and services. We are always delighted to provide our guests with any kind of professional support.

You are absolutely right, our location is a fantastic convenience so I am glad you were able to utilise it.

We would also like to assure you that your kind comments will be passed onto our entire team with great thanks.

We look forward to welcoming you again in Holiday Inn Moskovskye Vorota during your next visit to St. Petersburg!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I had a very rude buffet breakfast chef at the Rodchencko restaurant. First of all, breakfast starts at 7am. We were on a tour so we had to make time for breakfast and we chose to eat as soon as breakfast is served and the doors are opened. The chef who was in charge of cooking the crepe and the pan cakes was not ready to make the crepes/pancakes and motioned on his wrist that it was not time to make the crepe. I said I would wait which made him upset. He came out with a mixture of crepe mix that turned out to be watery and made several trips to the kitchen. i still waited. Then he brought out a platter of day-old crepes that he wanted me to partake. i motioned no, and pointed to the crepe pan. I was not about to eat day old crepes which he put inside the serving pan. He finally cooked the crepes after 25 minutes. This was not the first time that he took out day old crepes, he did the same thing for 3 whole days and I was not about to eat them. I have never been to a restaurant wherein left-over food was served and the chef did not want to prepare and made a customer wait.
I was on a tour with 47 people that stayed at the Hilton St Petersburg Moskoskye Vorota. I definetely willl mention to the tour company about their choiice of hotel for their clients.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
PetroPalaceHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn St. Petersburg Moskovskiye Vorota, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Dear Jo B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay in Holiday Inn St. Petersburg Moskovskye Vorota!

Owing to such a detailed review we are able to understand the situation more clearly and take more effective measures to eliminate such misunderstandings.

We are deeply sorry for fisappointing restaurant service and hope it was the only thing that shadowed your visit in our hotel.

In turn, we would like to ensure you that we take all reviews positive or negative very seriously, because they help us to improve our service and make our guests leave the hotel only with good impression. We encourage you contacting us via email gr@hi-spb.com to compensate inconveniences you had.

We would be glad to see you again in Holiday Inn Moskovskye Vorota!