“good and nice hotel, not excepional but very good and just in city centre”
Review of Nevsky Forum Hotel

Ranked #17 of 349 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Moscow, Russia
“good and nice hotel, not excepional but very good and just in city centre”
Reviewed September 4, 2011

I was in this hotel saturday 3 september 2011. entrance in hotel is too small but it is very good hotel just in city centre. Price is not bad and quality is good. rooms are well equipped and with new furnitures. to avoid nevsky street noise is better ask room with window on the rear side of building. location of hotel is very good and staff is nice and available to solve any problems. they speak english . breakfast is good and enough but nothing to wonderfull. it is an hotel to consider and probably i will reserve it again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank aleniacarichi
NF_Hotel, Manager at Nevsky Forum Hotel, responded to this review, September 13, 2011
Dear aleniacarichi,

we thank you for your review, as a hotel management representative it's quite important to receive guests opinion about their stay.
Our main entrance is not very big ( as our building is a historical type and our construction options were limited) but we try to create comfortable and prominent atmosphere inside our hotel - both for rest and work.
Thank you for applying to our reception staff, they always try to do their best to provide an exceptional service.
If you have any questions or requests, please. feel free to contact me through our hotel Facebook page.
Hope to see you at the Nevsky Forum again.

Best regards,
Fyodor Tarasyuk,
assistant to general manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Burbank, California
Reviewed August 29, 2011

I want to thank eryone of the Hotel Staff for the most wonderful visit. Everyone that I came in contact with at the hotel from the restaurant staff, the reception, the young man that stands at the top of the stairs to assist travelers with luggage, etc, the lovely lady that kept my room clean and bed made where wonderful, helpful, efficient and went out of their way to answer my questions and assist me in my holiday. I felt, safe, secure, welcomed and in good hands. I was a bit nervous traveling alone to see the great works of art so far from home (Los Angeles, California, USA) but once I arrived did not regret the decision to come to St Petersburg, Russia.

The hotel is in a great location, comfortable, convenient to bus and subway (I used the bus for all local travel) and to be able to start the day with the lovely breakfast was a great start to the daily outings without wasting time.

Their help in arranging car service to and from the airport was most appreciated and lent to another smooth necessity of foreign travel.

Again, thank you and your entire Hotel Staff for assisting me in my long journey to your country I will treasure my memories and adventures!

Sherri B
Los Angeles, California, USA

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Sherri B
Dear Sherri B,

on behalf of entire staff we thank you for your feedback. I proud of all our team and definitely print out your review to them.
If you have an opportunity, please share you travel tips about your trip on our hotel's Facebook page to help the next travelers to our city.

Fyodor Tarasyuk,
kirkland WA
Reviewed August 22, 2011

I travel quite a bit, and have never experienced service like I did at the Nevsky Forum. I chose the hotel based on its great location including proximity to train, metro, and tourist sites, and because its modern design and boutique style are so appealing. After reading the TA and various book reviews, I thought these factors combined with the value was what set it apart as my hotel choice in St. Petersburg.

I didn't count on incredible service that was like no other hotel experience I've ever had. For starters, shortly after booking, the assistant manager reached out to me in Facebook and offered to handle any questions I might have before the trip. As I was traveling with my elderly mother, I had lots for him :). Fyodor looked into wheelchairs, transfers, and tours. He advised on visa letters, SIM cards, weather conditions, and websites. We talked about Russian language and literature. Basically, anything I had for him was answered with thoroughness and thoughtfulness.

At check-in, I found that Fyodor was indeed exceptional, but that all of the staff at the Nevsky Forum share his philosophy of attentive but not overbearing service. My mother's suitcase was lost in transit, and the staff took it upon themselves to contact the airline regularly for an ETA so that we could head out to see the city and not have to worry. The desk called my mobile with information as soon as the luggage was found and en route, and brought it to my mother just as soon as it arrived. The desk provided us with SIM cards for our mobiles so we only had to load them up at a nearby mobile store. They arranged dinners and taxis, and generally looked out for us in a low-key and unobtrusive manner throughout out stay.

Fyodor anticipated our needs, and even escorted us personally to the train station upon our departure, as he knew my mother's mobility was limited and he was worried that it would be difficult for us to navigate to the ticket booth. He waited with us until the train departed. Kindness and generosity at every turn!

The hotel is quite nice. The rooms are on the smaller size, yet so well-designed that they seem quite spacious. We loved having a water cooler in the hallway so that we could refill our water bottles without creating more plastic waste for the environment.

The restaurant is very nice and a great value. We had dinner there two nights. The breakfast buffet is wonderful. You have all the ususal buffet options, and can also order hot items like eggs and bacon at no extra charge.

I would recommend the Nevsky Forum for both seasoned travelers and those new to St. Petersburg. The free wifi throughout and nice open spaces makes it great for business travelers as well as tourists.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Dear Anne,

it was my pleasure to help you with your trip to St.Petersburg. Hope you have only good memories about your visit.
Please, say hello to all you family and of course I welcome you back to our city one day.

Delft, The Netherlands
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We were on a family trip with 4 and visited St P for 2 days. Than Nevsky is a good place to stay. Dont forget that Nevsky is a very long road and take the bus if you have luggage. Our rooms at the hotel were very large and the bathrooms were good and very clean. If you want to sleep with open windows you should ask for a room on the backsite.
We enjoyed the stay and the wonderful service.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2011

A clean and welcoming hotel.
Staff very friendly and helpful, especially Margaritta in reception who speaks excellent english and is only too happy to help you teach a few basic words of Russian.
Take up the hotel on the offer of their transfers from the airport, well worth the money for a safe arrival.
We found St Petersburg a safe place to visit but it was very expensive to eat out and not particulaly worth the money.
The queues at the Hermitage were horrendous (like Disney World at their worst times), make sure you book on line and go directly to the information desk to pick up your entry ticket rather than getting in line with everyone else!
Ask for a courtyard room if you want to get any sleep as Nevesky Prospect is a very busy street.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
NF_Hotel, Manager at Nevsky Forum Hotel, responded to this review, August 18, 2011
Dear cm_cunningham,

thank you for your review, we excited that you liked our service and staff. Best regards from Margarett, who is pleased to teach you some Russian (she also speaks the Norwegian language ).
Please, do not hesitate to contact me if we have to improve something in a hotel (as you have rated Nevsky Forum 3 of 5 points).
Concerning the long queues to the Hermitage - they are truely disaster at the peak season, so besides buying online ticket we can advice another hint - ask a receptions for a VIP pass ticket to the Hermitage - which let you avoid queues.

We will be glad to see at our hotel again.

Best wishes,
Paris, France
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I was there in July and it was a very good place to stay in St Petersburg :
- very good location, on the perspective Nevsky, on the side of the train station
- very clean and well isolated room
- new rooms new furniture
- quite good breafkfast
- nice staff

but not so easy to find when arriving : small blue sign on the building, located to near to the nevsky forum

I will be back there with problem
Aurélia

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
NF_Hotel, Manager at Nevsky Forum Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Dear aurelia_valot,

thank you for your traveler's review. We appreciate your feedback, and happy you've spent your time in St.Petersburg with us.
We are working on improving visibility of our entrance and bring our apologies for possible inconvenience.
Please, feel free to contact me personally when you or your friends come to our city next time.
Check our Facebook page for the news, special offers or travel advice.

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Good location and excellent service, from rapid e-mail responses to requests to wonderful help at the front desk, including opera tickets, restaurant recommendations, and generally good advice. Happy to recommend.

Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple