I have visited relatives in St. Petersburg in late November 2013, spending five days at the Rachmaninov, and I have been pleasantly impressed by this small Hotel.
The plain doorway may be somehow misleading, as conversely the Hotel is actually an art gallery and the lounges (where you have breakfast), as well as the rooms, do spread an outstanding atmosphere.
The location is excellent indeed: less than 100 metres far from Nevskiy Prospekt (2 or 3 minutes walk from Nevskiy Pr. Metro station…), right behind Kazan Cathedral …
My room was rather small, actually, but that was made very clear at the time of the booking hence this is not a complaint; absolutely adequate for a few days stay, anyway.
Breakfast was good.
The staff are excellent: willing to assist, cordial and speaking very good English.
The lack of lift could create some trouble to some kind of persons (as you have to carry your luggage for two floors), however I am fairly sure that the staff is ready to provide full assistance in case of need.
Ultimately, I do recommend the Rachmaninov (good value for money, by the way), and I will definitely manage to stay there again if (when…) I will go back to St. Petersburg.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A conceptual boutique-hotel "Rachmaninov" is situated in the very center of St. Petersburg near Nevsky Prospect and Kazansky Cathedral. It combines the museum area with a homely coziness, sophisticated atmosphere of the Silver Age with bohemian chic of nowadays. The owners of the hotel possess a unique collection of antiques. They also constantly replenish the hotel art collection with contemporary paintings and photography. In years of its existence “Rachmaninov” became a very popular hotel (apartments). Among the guests you can see celebrities, people of culture, consulate representatives, politicians and businessmen who are interested in art. On a fifth anniversary of the hotel famous St. Petersburg artists painted the doors of the rooms in the hotel with their fantasies based on the music of the famous Russian composer. The hotel, situated in the former commercial house, carefully looks after the room where Rachmaninov spent some time of his youth. The layout of the hotel looks like an art gallery and this is not accidentally – here the exhibitions of different artists regularly take place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, HostelWorld, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rachmaninov Art-Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rachmaninov Hotel St Petersburg
- Rachmaninov St Petersburg