We stayed here for 6 nights. Our rooms were very comfortable, and the reception staff very welcoming. Within walking distance of the Hermitage, Spilled Blood, Russian Museum, Mikhailovsky Theatre etc. We also walked to the Mariinsky Theatre, but that is about a 30m walk. Not too far to walk also to the Peter&Paul fotress or the log cabin.
The reception staff all speak English.
To get to the hotel from the airport (terminal 2 - pulkovo 2), take bus 13/ K13 from outside the terminal (same side of the road when you walk out of the terminal, head left) to Moskovskaya metro station (last stop). You pay the driver when you get OFF the bus, not when you get onto the bus. At Moskovkaya station, buy metro tokens from the Kacca (ticket office) downstairs and sit the V2 line until Neskviy Prospekt. With luggage it is about a 10minute walk from the tube station to the hotel.
I would not hesitate to stay here again if I visit St Petersburg again because of (1) cleanliness (2) staff service (3) location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A conceptual boutique-hotel "Rachmaninov" is situated in the very center of St. Petersburg near Nevsky Prospect and Kazansky Cathedral. It combines the museum area with a homely coziness, sophisticated atmosphere of the Silver Age with bohemian chic of nowadays. The owners of the hotel possess a unique collection of antiques. They also constantly replenish the hotel art collection with contemporary paintings and photography. In years of its existence “Rachmaninov” became a very popular hotel (apartments). Among the guests you can see celebrities, people of culture, consulate representatives, politicians and businessmen who are interested in art. On a fifth anniversary of the hotel famous St. Petersburg artists painted the doors of the rooms in the hotel with their fantasies based on the music of the famous Russian composer. The hotel, situated in the former commercial house, carefully looks after the room where Rachmaninov spent some time of his youth. The layout of the hotel looks like an art gallery and this is not accidentally – here the exhibitions of different artists regularly take place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rachmaninov Art-Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rachmaninov Hotel St Petersburg
- Rachmaninov St Petersburg