All reviews breakfast room excellent location nevsky prospect palace square short walk filtered water rooms are clean internet connection easy walking distance reception desk winter palace visit st metro station tv floor taxi petersburg
Reviewed September 16, 2013

This hotel takes up the fourth floor of a building, so kinda tucked away. It's a great bang for your buck in it's location. A block from St. Isaacs. An easy walk to the Hermitage. We caught the "City Tour: Hop-on-hop-off" bus on the same block and trolley stops where also convenient. Despite being on a busy street, rooms were pretty quiet at night, so happy with that. As other reviewers mention, rooms aren't huge, but we tend to just sleep in rooms when visiting other countries, not "hangout" in them, so it was fine for us. I would recommended for the practical traveller.

Date of stay: September 2013
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were a group of 24 people and used about half the rooms of the hotel. The staff was excellent and the process of arranging the group with Ekaterina the manager was great. We walked in and went straight to our rooms after a long flight from the USA.

The hotel is very clean and the breakfast is sufficient. It is only a five minute walk from Nevsky Prospect and from the Neva River. While it is not a five star luxury resort, it does the job in a clean and friendly way.

Room tip: Ask for a room not facing the street.
Date of stay: August 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Nataliaspb, Управляющий at Herzen House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear Abounatom,

On behalf of the entire staff and me personally it is my pleasure to thank you for the warm feedback you have kindly submitted here. Our team prides on offering personal care and attention to our Guests, and is very happy to receive such flattering reviews.

I would like to invite you back whenever your travels bring you to the city of St. Petersburg.

With best regards,
Natalia Stepanova
Executive general manager

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I didn't stay there personally, but my friends did and I visited them there. The location is perfect - St. Isaak's Cathedral round the corner, central square is very close - maybe 5 min walk. Staff is very friendly and cheerful. If you like spacious rooms, it's not for you. Although if you prefer very cozy rooms - it's for you! And what is most pleasant is that the price is nice all the year round.

Date of stay: August 2013
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I travel often to St-Petersburg, and since I came first time to Herzen House, I wanted to come back here again. For business, for holidays with friends, this hotel fits me perfectly for its central location ( which is one of the best part of the city), for professional, helpful and very friendly staff, for nice clean rooms, for simple but good breakfast and for typical russian tea and coffee corner available at any time, and for competing room rates as well.
I recommend this hotel to everyone who wants to discover the city or to stay for business.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Nataliaspb, General Manager at Herzen House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear 225ElenaParis,

Thank you for being our Dearest Guest and this kind review.

We always very happy to welcome you at Herzen House Hotel.
I remain at your disposal,

Natalia Stepanova
Executive general manager

Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was here with a group of 40 people in early July. The staff could not have been more helpful -- from giving us a welcome reception to helping us with tours, restaurant recommendations, and even directing me to the nearest pharmacy and writing down a suggested headache remedy in Cyrillic to give to the pharmacist! Our room faced the street and was a bit noisy at night, but since the whole city is up and about enjoying the late light, I don't think it could be avoided. Beds were comfy, there was plenty of hot water for showers, lights worked well,TV too. Breakfast was ample (although it got a bit boring after 5 days) and the big water cooler in the breakfast room is very welcome. The hotel is on the 4th floor of a large old building -- with another hotel on the lower floors. An unusual set up but it works fine. You're only a minute from restaurants, bars, a little grocery store and the jewels of the city.Would definitely recommend Herzen House to others visiting St. Petersburg.

Date of stay: July 2013