All reviews trolley buses nevsky prospect recommend hotel minute walk affordable hotel main attractions definitely stay here again few meters hotel staff close to the hotel wonderful hotel spoke english nice bathroom comfortable rooms nice breakfast the main street hotel in st
Selected filters
Reviewed February 24, 2019 via mobile

I spent 5 nights here and can’t fault it. The reception staff were so very helpful, especially Tatiana. We ate there on a few occasions too and their menu of the day was not only exceptionally good value but was really good food. My favourite was the beetroot salad and the chicken livers. The location was excellent too with 3 trolley buses running from the hotel to and along Nevsky Prospekt and only a 10 minute walk to Moscow Train Station. My only fault is with the safety mechanism that’s integrated into the hairdryers that turns them off when they get too hot. This meant you only get 30 sec drying time so you might want to bring your own. If life ever finds me in St Petersburg again I would most definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2019

Wait! The service is even better. From the time I first booked the hotel, staff were super helpful. They assisted with my Visa applications and ordering a car to pick me up from (and return me to) the airport. The location was great. A simple, inexpensive tram ride to everything, although I did a lot of walking. I did not feel unduly concerned for my safety walking in the neighbourhood even in the evening. The room was very clean and exactly as shown in many of the photos. The much needed air conditioning worked well and there was water available in the hallway. Breakfast was good and there was lots to choose from. I left from the hotel at 3am for the airport and the thoughtful staff had packed me a meal as I would miss my last breakfast. I highly recommend this hotel and would stay here again if I returned to St. Petersburg.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Sheila V
Vera F, Owner at Hotel Vera, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2019

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback! We're glad that you enjoyed your stay. We do our best to take care of our guests.

Reviewed December 20, 2018 via mobile

Wonderful place for family hideaway.
Very attentive staff, clean and large rooms, historic building tastefully decorated. Great in-house restaurant, I’d recommend risotto and eggplants. Real family attitude at the very hart of St. Petersburg. And fine coffee for coffee lovers!

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Vera F, Owner at Hotel Vera, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay! We do our very best to take care of our guests.

Reviewed December 8, 2018

I have discovered a “gem” of a hotel in St. Petersburg. The service is excellent, warm and friendly, the cleanliness could not be faulted and every dish I ate in the restaurant, be it breakfast, lunch or dinner was delicious. The general ambiance is welcoming and their attention to detail was exceptional. There is an emphasis on Art Nouveau with beautiful stained glass panels and whoever designed the communal areas has done so with love and detail. I visited in November, and, despite the extreme cold ( -8 degrees ) I had a wonderful time as it is possible to visit all the main tourist sites without being swamped by hordes of other tourists, Definitely an advantage! Hotel Vera is approx. 10 mins from Nevsky Prospect, the main street, and is served by several trolley buses all of which stop a few meters from the hotel. A perfect situation.

Room tip: Best rooms are oin the 5th & 6th floors
Date of stay: November 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay!

Reviewed September 28, 2018

Good location, clean room, friendly staff, and nice breakfast. AC was center controlled and a little bit noisy but I guess they turned it off at night, so it was not a problem. Food at cafe vera was quite good and reasonable.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Vera F, Owner at Hotel Vera, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. I only wish you'd written a bit more about how we could improve our service or facilities that would further explain your score.