Saint Petersburg Greeters Tours - Day Tours
Review Highlights
An amazing day in Saint-Petersburg!

I have had an amazing day in Saint-Petersburg! Natali showed me all around Saint-Petersburg, we... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Nouri500
Loosdrecht, The Netherlands
Great tour in Tsarkoie Selo with a SPB Greeter

Reviewed August 15, 2019
Luc42614
Brussels, Belgium

All reviews russian hospitality walk around kazan cathedral savior on spilled blood nevsky prospect palace square organisation volunteers spb st petersburg valentina culture email subway
Selected filters
Reviewed August 15, 2019

During my stay in Russia I had the chance to discover the city of Pushkin and the gardens of Tsarkoie Selo with Valentina, member of St Petersburg Greeters. Valentina showed me a lot of hidden places of her city. She really took care of everything and even managed to get bicycles for our tour in order to be able to visit more different places ! Thanks to her I once again could realize that russian hospitality is not an empty word ...
Many thanks to SPB Greeters !

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed June 18, 2019

A month before the trip I sent to the official site of St. Petersburg greeters inquiry for the guide for 6 peoples. Two weeks later Mrs.Julia Klochkova, a certiffied guide, answered me with a question what we want to see. On the day of our greeters tour she came in time to meet us at the hotel. She showed us so many places we want to saw and told us a lot of things about Sankt Petersburg, a city she love. We walked on foot through the historic part of the city: from the Nevsky Prospect, the Kazan Cathedral, many canals and bridges, Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood, Palace Square with the Winter palace to the Peter and Paul fortress with the church where all members of the Romanov dynasty were buried. Julia is very lovely, highly educated woman and she knows a lot about the history of St.Petersburg. In short breaks she took us for the refreshments to the places where she came herself. She also made some good suggestions for things to do later on our trip. We enjoyed in her company a lot and we can highly recommend the greeters tour. That was unique experience for us!

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed June 10, 2019

Today the 4th of June 2019 we did for the first time a greeters tour with Julia Klochkova
We didnot know what it was .It was a great surprise to us,a wunderfull experience
We asked Julia to show us the Subway and some areas away from the touristic pads.
We were very surprised by the quality of the tour. Julia is a great guide she knows a lot about the history of St.Petersburg. You can easily hear that she is an educaties guide
and a very pleasant person.
She took us to several Subway stations and explained us the meaning of the statues and the text that was written at the walls.
After that we went to walk around in different areas in the city and we did see beatifull buildings and she explained what they are .
We fully enjoyed this day and we can advise everybody to take a tour like this.
Julia thank you for this great experience.
Greeters thank for this great initiative.

Jeanne and Rob Delno

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed April 25, 2019

my friend and I are now back in Scotland after a four week rail journey .We had the good fortune to have Eleonora greeting us in St Petersburg,She came to meet us at our hostel.our time with her was very enjoyable ,showed us many places we would not have found on our own in the time we were there.It was nice to be with someone who obviously loves the city and its History and could tell us a little about life now..We enjoyed our lunch lunch in a place where "Locals" eat which we had asked for .
Eleonora also told us about a Balalaika concert the next day near where we were staying. It was a treat to hear such a traditional Orchestra . We are very grateful to her for giving up so much of her time for our pleasure,she spoke good English ,was very friendly and easy to be with
I will certainly be recommending City Greeters to all family and friends
We wish your organisation continued success
With best wishes
Birgit and Frieda

Date of experience: March 2019
Reviewed July 1, 2018 via mobile

We requested for a spb greeter on their official website and was assigned Valentina. It was one of our best tours of st. Petersburg. She took us to places which were off the beaten path. Which we wouldn't have discovered by ourselves. She was extremely considerate and even carried a jacket for me because I had mentioned earlier that I am not carrying anything warm.

We experienced true Russian hospitality thanks to spb greeters. She was soo much in love with her city and her pride in it showed. She introduced us to her city, gave us a tour with historical trivia thrown in. We also got to see how Russians live and had the most delicious honey cake in an gorgeous restaurant set in a garden. All this wouldn't have been possible without the SPB Greeters. Thank you valentina for showing us your city and making us feel welcomed.

Date of experience: August 2017