Astoria Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$328
$287
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Pushka Inn Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$215
$182
  • Restaurant
Petro Palace Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$191
$161
  • Pool
Akyan St.Petersburg(St. Petersburg)
$113
  • Breakfast included
Domina St. Petersburg(St. Petersburg)
$151
$142
$120
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Helvetia Deluxe Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$153
$121
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $141/night.

$384
$260
Cancelon
$441
$424
1,255 results
All reviewswinter palacerooftop restaurantpalace squarestandard suitetop floorsteam roomroom serviceperfect locationturn down serviceseparate showerconcierge desknevsky prospectspilled bloodhotel is beautifulbreakfast staffcaviarthe heart of the city
Reviewed July 7, 2007

This hotel is truly beautiful and perfectly located. Hermitage at doorstep. Views from roof impressive

Booked through Optima Tours. Clearly its expensive. What isn't in St. Petersburg and Moscow. A little confusion on check in about what rooms we had actually reserved. Ended up with 2 adults and 3 children in one very large room with King Bed, Sofa Bed and extral roll away.

Breakfast is really good. None of the staff seem to smile but we did catch one waitress at breakfast who looked slightly happy.

Concierge helpful with local restaurant recommendations (prices in hotel seemed much higher than alternates outside) And bell boys very good with baggage (in hindsight one of them may have smiled also)

On arrival got free half bottle of wine and basket of fruit. Could have been as a consequence of confusion over room. Read somewhere that children can get small dressing gown and hot milk. Rang front desk to arrange only to recieve 15 minutes later another basket of fruit and a full bottle of wine. Second call to front desk ended up with hot milk being delivered.

Others have commented that the Gym is small which is true but nobody seemed to use it so it was perfectly adequate for the five of us (treadmill, cross trainer, bike, jacuzzi, steam sauna, dry sauna and tea/coffee & fruit juices)

Free internet access (always helps)

Could be one of the nicess hotels weve been to. Just need the staff to look as though they actually like working there

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled on business
5  Thank Richard H
Reviewed July 6, 2007

I stayed at the Kempinski Moika 22 for four nights in late June 2007.
Overall I thought the hotel was very nice, but I can't rate it as highly as I could a few other hotels I stayed at on this trip to Europe.

As to location, it is two long blocks from Nevsky Prospect, but is just across the Moika Canal from the Hermitage, and the boat docks for Neva river cruises and hydrofoils to Peterhof are just beyond. If the latter are sights you intend to visit then this hotel is extremely well situated. It's a hike to the Mariinsky Theater and Gostiny Dvor areas however, and the St Petersburg Metro isn't particularly useful for tourists staying at the Moika 22 unfortunately. To be fair though, none of the hotels in SP are any closer to the tourist sites, which are sufficiently far apart to preclude the idea of an ideal location.

I had an upgraded room with no view at an excellent price, and the room was well appointed, had a great bathroom, but was a bit on the small side. The management provided a large fruit bowl and a bottle of wine on arrival, which I thought was great. They also provided bottled water, which is essential since the tap water in SP is not safe to drink.

I did not have a package providing breakfast, so cannot comment there, but I did have two dinners in the upper floor dining room, which were easily the best meals I had on my entire trip--their beef stroganoff is to die for.

My interactions with the concierge were professional, and the desk staff were quite friendly. An attempt to use the hotel car to get to the ballet worked great on one night, but was booked and unavailable the second--the concierge was unable to find me a taxi promptly as well (I hitched a ride with some wonderful folks heading out that way, so made it to the Mariinsky in time).

Overall I would rate this hotel a strong 4 plus. I would consider it as a place to stay on a future visit to St Petersburg, though might also consider the Grand Hotel Europe if a good rate was available and
I didn't feel the need to be close to the Hermitage. As a side note, the Radisson SAS, and the Corinthia (soon to be Wyndham) Nevsky Palace are a bit far from the action, and the Astoria and Angleterre,
while centrally located, are a 20 minute hike from everything but St.
Isaacs.

Kenneth Ackerman

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled solo
5  Thank KVA
Reviewed June 22, 2007

My wife and I stayed 6 nights at the Kempinski and actually enjoyed it for 4 nights THEN things got ugly. When we arrived our driver of course didn't speak a lick of English and we had some confusion getting out of the airport, BUT HEY, I'm on vacation so NO BIG DEAL. We got to the hotel alive and fine and checked in. The front desk employees were cold, but we had just spent 4 days in Moscow so we were used to that. We had a nice, spacious corner room on the second floor and were quite comfortable for 4 days.

Then it happened.

We got a call from the hotel assistant manager and he wanted to meet with us. He told us that some Prime Minister was staying in the Executive Suite which was right across from our room and he was needing to move us to make room for his security people. He told us he would move us to a bigger room and leave a nice gift for us. He seemed like a nice guy who would live up to his end of the bargain so we agreed. He said he would have all our stuff moved by the time we got back from sightseeing.

Well we get back and none of stuff is moved and the room they had us moving to was a smoking room that was smaller! So we found the assistant manager, he apologized, gave us two room options and said he'd send up a bottle of champagne. The two room options were, of course, smaller again and one was smoking. Ridiculous. We complained again but they said the hotel was booked and that was all that was left. BUT we were on vacation and not going to let crap bother us so we picked the smaller, non-smoking room to get it over with. Not only was the room smaller but the shower door didn't close, the luggage holder was broken and most of all the A/C wasn't working. By then the assistant manager was cowering away from us and would refer us to the front desk manager, who reminded me of the Soup Nazi from Seinfeld. We finally got a discount of 100 Euros out of the deal.

I just think its sorry when a hotel moves you for their convenience and makes you feel like the inconvenience. The management didn't live up to their promises and wasn't at all remorseful. Not what I expected for over $600 a night.

Oh yeah....and we never got our Champagne. They sent us up a half bottle of wine! What a joke!

I don't like to complain without saying some positives though:

- breakfast buffet was great and the servers were actually friendly!
- Amazing location
- View from the roof was spectacular

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple
9  Thank hogs12
Reviewed June 16, 2007

Overall, this is a fantastic hotel. The location couldn't be better: it's on a small street facing a canal and is the closest hotel to the Hermitage. It's also within easy walking distance of Nevsky Prospect, one of the city's main streets, with plenty of shops, restaurants, etc. The lobby and rooms are all beautiful and the breakfast buffet was great. I have a few very minor complaints, which shouldn't necessarily deter anyone from staying here. First - and most important - the rooms are TINY! Every guest I talked to remarked that they were surprised by the small size of the rooms. Also, there is very little place to put your clothes: the closet was only about 2 feet wide and there wasn't a dresser in the room, so be prepared to live out of your suitcase. One final, very minor complaint: we asked for an iron and ironing board, which they delivered promptly, but both looked old and the board was in poor condition. Not a big deal, but for such a great hotel, it was a bit of a surprise that they didn't have better ironing boards.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled on business
6  Thank marco3
Reviewed June 14, 2007

I stayed at Kempinski Hotel Moika 22 in Saint Petersburg for two nights in June.
The hotel is wonderful. Its location is probably the best in the city – just a few steps from Palace Square and the Hermitage. Nevertheless, the service left something to be very much desired. I paid 670 US dollars per night and this rate generously included accommodation without breakfast in a small room with a breathtaking view of the next block’s ruins and boiler’s pipe.
The main cons:
- They didn’t pick me up at the railway station though I had sent email to them and asked to provide me with the transfer.
- At reservation, I asked them for early check in, but in the long run had to walk along the streets almost for eight hours.
- I got a room with one king size bed with two mats instead of two separate beds that had been guaranteed at reservation. When I complained, a young lady at reception refused to change a room and suggested not to worry because at turndown service a maid would draw mats apart.
- They don’t refill the mini-bar with drinks had been used.
Some pros:
- Very good breakfast with appropriate service at the restaurant in the lobby.
- Limousine service at useful price.

All in all, doubt I would stay there again, it obviously doesn’t worth money they demand.

• Stayed: June 2007