Pushka Inn Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$216
$184
  • Restaurant
Petro Palace Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$208
$162
  • Pool
Domina St. Petersburg(St. Petersburg)
$148
$388
$326
$112
  • Restaurant
Helvetia Deluxe Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$154
$265
Agoda.com
$428
1,257 results
All reviewswinter palacerooftop restaurantpalace squarestandard suitetop floorsteam roomroom serviceperfect locationturn down serviceseparate showerconcierge desknevsky prospectspilled bloodhotel is beautifulbreakfast staffcaviarthe heart of the city
Reviewed December 15, 2013

This is my first visit to the imposing and impressive city of St. Petersburg where I also had the privilage to stay at the well known Kempinsky Hotel Moika 22. The ambience of tradtional european luxury confronts you the moment you enter the hotel lobby made even more beautiful with all the Christmas decorations. As a couple we spent 5 enjoyable nights there and these were the things we loved..
1) Location which was just a stone's throw away from the Hermitage.
2) Friendly service from staff.Here special mention has to be given to the
Doormen who were the most charming and friendly I have ever encounted
on all my travels abroad.
3) Overall hotel atmosphere luxurious and comfortable.
4) The fabulous breakfast buffet , the best in my opinion, which is included in
price of the room. The choices of things to eat are just incredible.

Before writing my review I read what others had already written. Here are the things which we did not find good and which need improvement. I sincerely hope that Management will take my comments in a constructive manner.
1) Limited choice of in-house restaurants . There is the Bellevue Brasserie on the 9th floor for fine dinning which is "over the top" expensive (we had 1 dinner there). With those prices the hotel cannot expect a good turn-over in dinning covers.There is the Bar on the ground floor which offers a small menu of selected items. We eat there twice and can recommend the "Russian Club sandwhich" which is excellent. There is The Wine Cellar but that was completely empty and void of activity when we visted one evening with the intention of having a meal there.
2) Lack of wardrobe space.We had Delux room 325 . The room itself is large but strangely, cupboard space was designed only for 1 person. It was a struggle to find space to accomodate 2. An extra free standing cupboard is urgently needed in this room . There is adequate room space for this addition
3) Lack of guest-room beverage amenities. All 5 star hotels I have stayed in offer this facility which is a welcome treat when one wakes up to be able to enjoy the first cup of coffee or tea..
However a very nice touch I found at Hotel Kempinski Moika 22 is the offer of the free flow of the very good Ruinart Champagne with your breakfast....what a wonderful way to jump start the cirulation in preparation for the day's activities.
A useful tip on restaurants .... We discovered a charming Italian restaurant within the vicinity, 7 minutes walk from the hotel offering good Italian cuisine and famous thin crusted Pizzas at very reasonable prices. So if you want a change of dinning experience go to Da Albertone tel:+7(812)915-55-01 . Just ask concierge to make your reservation.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lotus_kun
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I've stayed in hotels all around the world and the staff here is some of the most attentive and best trained I've seen they cover all the the little details to make your stay comfortable...it all starts with the staff.
The hotel it's self probably has the best location of all for access to the Hermitage and other venues in this area of the city.The interior was just being decorated for the holidays and was stunning.Breakfest consisted of pretty much whatever you wanted and more ,I recommend the beautiful dining room for eating over the breakfest area.
In the evening/ afternoon there's a tea area and a wine cellar for some relaxing chat, a long with comfortable seating in the lounge
On the 9th floor is a beatiful dining area with 360 degree views over the city and some outside seating

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Great location. on the expensive side, but definitely worth the money, great atmosphere, remarkable details (choose your own pillow), infinite breakfast. And the place to be is around the corner: Konushennaya square!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Remember this review is purely subjective. I have stayed at W, Astoria and Petro Palace, but I think Kempinski is topping all of them. The mentioned hotels are excellent choices. This hotel, as W and Astoria, is "crowded" with staff ready to serve you, clean for you, carry for you etc. This is the first hotel I have stayed in St. Petersburg where I felt the staff had a natural approach towards the guests and had a genuine desire of helping you out. Not in a mechanical way, if you know what I mean. (The eyes and the smile reveals you).
Within 5-10 minutes’ walk, you have the Hermitage, Isaac Cathedral, Church of spilled blood, Nevsky prospect and many good restaurants.
The prices in the restaurant, room service and mini bar is just outrageous. Yes, I know this is a top 5 star hotel, but so are Astoria and W also. I just comparing those hotels and the country I am coming from, where fine dining is quite expensive. Some items are 50% more expensive than at Astoria. It is of course a choice you do by yourselves, eating at restaurant or taking something from the minibar.
The breakfast. What can I say, if you do not find anything you like, then it is you that have a problem, not the hotel. Here is everything and much more :-)
Free WiFi throughout the hotel is nice. (This should be mandatory in every hotel)
My only complaint: Why isn’t it a electric kettle in the room, so I can have a cup of coffee or tea at morning or night. I am spending a lot of time on the hotel room and paying 4-500 RUB for a cup is not right.
Despite some negativity, Kempinski wins my heart.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Truls E
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stay at Kempinsky was simple pleasure. Some rooms has not the best view, but it gives some spirit of St. Petersburg. Special thanks for hotel management for fulfilling special requests and small compliments.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Mark G