Astoria Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$328
$298
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Pushka Inn Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$180
$153
  • Restaurant
Petro Palace Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$182
$86
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

Domina St. Petersburg(St. Petersburg)
$174
$165
  • Restaurant
Helvetia Deluxe Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$154
$124
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $144/night.

$120
Agoda.com
  • Pool
$267
$236
Cancelon
$486
1,257 results
All reviewswinter palacerooftop restaurantpalace squarestandard suitetop floorsteam roomroom serviceperfect locationturn down serviceseparate showerconcierge desknevsky prospectspilled bloodhotel is beautifulbreakfast staffcaviarthe heart of the city
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Wonderful place!
Location is just superb, right next to the Hermitage.
All staff were extremely friendly and polite, especially at the Concierge desk, that helped us enormously. Breakfast was huge and we did not even have lunch after it, it was so filling and tasty.
We travel quite a lot and I must say I have hardly seen a cleaner hotel than this one, starting from th lobby and up to room cleaning.
The restaurant on the last floor is great, only you have to reserve a table and we did not, so we could not get in and that was a bit annoying.
Also their buffet in the tea room is really worth trying. All the deserts were just delicious.
The only disappointing issue that their spa is really tiny, but actually we did not really have much time for it.
We stayed only two days which is definitely not enough for this beautiful city, so we are definitely coming back, and definitely to this hotel.

Reviewed August 20, 2011

We stayed here in August in a standard suite. The room was large with plenty of comfortable seating for two people. The Queen Bed was two large single beds pushed together. Appreciated the air-conditioner in the hot humid conditions, windows could be opened & internet worked well but you would expect a 5 Star Hotel to have password protection. The toiletries were not replaced on a daily basis. Breakfast was real 5 Star with large choices of hot & cold foods to please everyone. Our only complaint was that on one of our days all of the hot food was cold. All the staff were very helpful. The costs of meals & drinks in the 9th floor restaurant were very high & generally not affordable for tourists. We were forced to eat down the street. Our biggest complaint was that the bathroom had a continual sewerage smell - most unpleasant & unbearable to be in the bathroom. We discovered that if we closed the bath outlet & put a folded towel over the shower outlet it helped to suppress the smell but not remove it. The Hotel is close to the 'Hermitage' & other tourist sights. Whilst we enjoyed our stay, the bathroom smell would encourage us to look at one of the other 5 Star Hotels in St Petersburg.

3  Thank TravelPlanner2000
Reviewed August 12, 2011

The Kempinski hotel must pride itself on its service as it is second to none. Very polite helpful staff who couldnt do enough for you. Location was great , overlooking the canal and a couple of minutes from the Winter Palace. Breakfast was fantastic, ours was included in the price and the choices were amazing.
The hotel unfortunately spoilt itself though because it was very expensive to wine and dine there, this was illustrated by the fact that the place was deserted at night implying that everyone went out to eat. I dont think we ever saw anybody in the bar or the tea room. Also although the room was very pleasant the bathroom only had a hand held shower that fell off its wall holder everytime you used it hence chipping the bath enamel! We got very frustrated with this!! Housekeeping let them down as well, on several occasions we had to ring reception as things werent replaced in the bathroom , complimentary water wasnt replaced, dirty glasses werent taken away and on reading other peoples reviews we also didnt get any complimentary bottle of wine on arrival !!
I would recommend the hotel for its location but i do feel they need to vet their housekeeping staff more thoroughly !!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carol S
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I stayed at the Kempinski for 5 nights in August. I choose the hotel after reading reviews, comparing prices and locations. For me - the Kempinski covered it all especially being so centrally located to all the sites.

I did arrange a taxi through the hotel for transport from/to the airport. The conceirge was great and very responsive. A taxi is expensive but was worth it after a long flight and also, ensuring that I didn't have to worry about communication.

Check-in was quick and efficient with very friendly staff. In fact - over the entire trip - all staff that I met were very friendly, helpful and spoke English. My room was spacious which was surprising because some reviews had commented on how small they were. There was also a nice welcome basket of fruit, chocolates and a bottle of wine waiting for me - very good touch. The bed was comfortable but I don't understand why hotels put 2 twin beds together instead of having a queen or king bed. It's annoying having the split in the middle. The bathroom was also quite large with nice toiletries. Wi-fi was available but i never used it. I ate breakfast once in the hotel which was good but pricey.

Overall, I would recommend the hotel to others. It is expensive but it was worth it. The location is amazing right on the Moika canal and less than a 2 minute walk to the Winter Palace. Nevsky Prospect is about a 5 minute walk.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I have to admit I was disappointed by the Moika 22. St. Petersburg has a wide range of choices for hotels, many of which I've stayed in. My past experience in Kempinski properties has always been excellent, so I was very much looking forward to this stay. When we arrived and the hotel could not find the reservation I'd made on their own website, even after I showed them their own e-mail confirmation, I should've known how things would go.

The one undeniable plus of the Moika is that the Hermitage and the Neva River are just steps away from the front of the hotel.

The disappointments:
- When I asked for a recommendation for dinner, the concierge pulled out a map and started marking locations for me. When I looked later, I realized that everywhere she'd suggested was a restaurant with an ad on the map. It's probably just a coincidence, but it hardly suggested the local knowledge I turned to her for.
- The breakfast *is* extensive, but you'll get about as much at any comparable hotel in St. Petersburg. The breakfast space in the lobby is relatively small and hence quite crowded, so rather than enjoying what was on offer, we just wanted to finish quickly and leave.
- The room service offerings are slim.
- No irons available (what five star hotel doesn't have an iron?!)

These are all minor complaints, but if you're paying top dollar, you have a lot of choices in St. Petersburg. These kinds of failures and the Moika's apparent lack of anything to make it truly special mean I'm unlikely to return or recommend.

3  Thank MityaM