“From Russia, with love <3”

The Brothers Karamazov Hotel
Ranked #62 of 359 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed December 14, 2011

My family and I stayed in this hotel while we were in St. Petersburg. The hotel lobby was pretty small but I guess that's because it's a boutique hotel. Honestly, I was expecting it to be another old and run down hotel like our hotel in Moscow (Kosmos Hotel) but I was so glad when I entered the room and saw clean beds and nice fluffy white pillows! They even had a hair dryer! I had to air dry my hair and sleep with semi-wet hair while we were at the Kosmos hotel in Moscow because they didn't have hair dryers even if their website said that they did. :( They even had free wi-fi in the room. It was a bit slow, but better than going down to the lobby in my pajamas :D. I was able to sleep well too with the comfy bed and pillows.

Breakfast was really good. They have freshly baked croissants every morning so I made ham and cheese croissants for breakfast during our stay. Their orange jam is also good with bread and butter. Not much choice for cereals though. They only have cornflakes but I don't mind as long as there's sugar and milk :D. One thing I didn't like though was their bacon. It had too much fat. Dinner at the hotel was also great. The staff opened the kitchen just for us and served our dinner at 5:30 pm so that we wouldn't be late for the ballet (We watched Swan Lake). Their desert was also delicious: crepe with ice cream and some kind of ganache chocolate cake with raspberry syrup.

All in all, I really enjoyed my stay here. The staff are very friendly and accommodating, and they make you feel "at home". I loved that they had a piano on the 4th floor though it really needs to be tuned. I couldn't play any of my pieces because the piano was in bad shape. Hope they can have it tuned soon! :D

Room Tip: Choose the 4th floor if you like to play the piano! There's a piano on that floor. :D
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank carissa7cat
Irden, Front Office Manager at The Brothers Karamazov Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2012

Thank you so much for your detailed description of your stay in oiur hotel!
we will be pleased to see you again in our hotel!!!
Good luck for you!!!

Reviewed November 2, 2011

I stayed here for 5 days, and it was an excellent experience in all respects. Clean and quiet rooms, very helpful staff, and a great breakfast every morning. They registered my visa for only $5. The bathroom was modern and clean with lots of hot water. I have no complaints about anything.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Karamazov_11, General Manager at The Brothers Karamazov Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

We appreciate very much such a high rating of our hotel, thank you.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I would like to thank the friendly hotel staff and management for doing a great job! It was the best value for money hotel I have ever stayed in. I had a standard single room and I was not expecting to have such a comfortable, nice and clean room. I would definitely recommend it to other people!!! I was in St. Petersburg on a business trip and all my meetings were in the central part of the city, as well as the Workshop I took part in. The location is very good, just 10-15 mins away on foot from Nevsky Prospect and metro stations. I had a very warm welcome as soon as I arrived and the staff was very friendly and helpful throughout my stay. The room was always clean and very warm too. The hotel also offers interior rooms, however due to our budget I had to opt for a standard room, but I was happy with it. I also once had a dinner in the restaurant of the hotel and the food was really good too, prices are quite reasonable too. Well done and keep up the good work!!!

Room Tip: Check for offers! I paid nearly half the standard rate.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Katya L
Irden, Manager at The Brothers Karamazov Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2011

Thanks a lot from all of us !!!
Hope to see you soon in our hotel!
Always welcome!!!

Reviewed October 30, 2011

Four-and-a-half stars upgraded for service, breakfast.
Paid $90 or so each for for a double and a single for 5 nights in late October 2011.
When we arrived and were shown to our room, the Soviet-era red carpets raised concern, as did the spartan furnishings and linens of a similar vintage. But almost everything of real concern met or exceeded expectations. The bedspeads appear unfashionable, but the mattresses and pillows were wonderful and the rooms are kept more than warm enough to keep away the cold. The old desk hides a well-stocked mini-bar.
Best things about room - Large size, spotless bathroom with towel warmer, good water pressure that remained hot for more than 20 minutes.
Breakfast - 2 cereals, fresh fruit and juices (several of each), yogurt, high qualtiy sliced meats and cheeses, tomatoes and cucumbers, eggs, sausages or bacon, 3 pastries, blinis, several choices of tea, etc.
Location - 400m to metro. Need to switch lines to get to sights, but 15 minutes to Nevsky Prospekt (can be walked). Near ATM, pastry shop, small market, Farther to all but a couple of restaurants.
Service - 5-star. The young ladies behind the desk performed every servicae quickly and efficiently, from registering our visas free of charge without being asked, to calling Aeroflot, recommending restaurants, providing flash drives for copying documents, etc. Maid folded clothes that had been tossed on floor. Staff was uniformly wonderful.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Thanks for a detailed description of our hotel and restaurant. We really hope, your review will help other travellers to choose hotel in St. Petersburg.

Reviewed October 26, 2011

The Brothers Karamazov stands out as an extremely rare example of a middle-size hotel in Saint Pete which is neither overpriced, not kitschy. It is suitably placed straight in close proximity to several central underground stations making it easy to get around this vast city. Basically it's a kind of hotel you'd expect to come across in some North European country with its tidy rooms, polite stuff, well-spoken English, unpretentious design and decent food. I would love to return to this place whenever I have an opportunity to visit St Pete once again. Good value for money, good hotel in an amazing town.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Dear Anthony
Thank you very much for staying with us and leaving your such good comments here.
On behalf of all our staff we thank you for choosing our hotel and we will be happy to see you again.
irina Amelina

Reviewed September 7, 2011

Could not fault the accomadation (this was a top grade room) the service, or the breakfast with a good selection of hot and cold food and fantastic coffee. The hotel is situated in a residental area within easy walking distance of three metro stations,and with supermarkets, cafe's and restaurants nearby. The reception staff are charming, speak English and respond graciously to a smile and some well meaning garbled Russian!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Karamazov_11, General Manager at The Brothers Karamazov Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Thank you very much for exellent responce! The restaurant manager was really happy about it! You are always welcome in our city and hotel!

Reviewed July 18, 2011

We were travelling with a small daughter (19 months), so it was very important for us to have guaranted baby cot. BCH was one of a few mini hotels with this service (free of charge). Together with special price from booking this was really good option. Most of the guests in a hotel are from Europe. Breakfast is not very diverse for a usual 4 star hotel, but one of the best for St. Petersburg mini-hotels. All the rooms are not smoking, so it was one more plus.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Dera EvgenySh
Thanks a lot for staying with us and for your feedback.. We are delighted to know that you liked our services.
We will be glad to see you at our hotel again. Please, check up for special offers our site.
Irina Amelina