“A safe bet”

Ranked #44 of 355 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“A safe bet”
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Good service all round. Excellent location. Very clean rooms, though the restaurant [expensive] closes relatively early. The bar area on the ground floor segues into the reception, which isn't ideal, but the overall feel is that of people not relaxing in the hotel much-it has a very business traveler feel to it.

Room Tip: Smoking rooms are available
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Novotel_Centre, Manager at Novotel St. Petersburg Centre, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear Guest!

Thank you very much for your kind feedback. We are happy to hear that you were satisfied with the service provided to you in our hotel, that you enjoyed hotel location and cleanliness of the room. Let me mention that our restaurant Côté Jardin is open till 11 p.m., but hotel Room Service is available for our guests 24 hours.

Thank you for staying with us and please do come back to visit our wonderful city again!

Front Office Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Skovlunde, Denmark
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Excellent location. Staff were more friendly than usual in Russia (which doesnt tell too much). I had a suite that was spaceous and very comfortable. Rooms service was ok. Breakfast also ok. Wifi was fine. Newsky Prospect can be quite difficult to get to and from by taxi in the rush hours, but it houses all the good restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Novotel_Centre, Manager at Novotel St. Petersburg Centre, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share with your experience in Novotel St. Petersburg Centre.
We are very happy to hear that you like our excellent location and services in the hotel. I will share with these comments with my colleagues from the Reception.

We will be very glad to serve you next time!

Nadia Shigaeva
Deputy Front Office Manager
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

This ought to be an easy review to write, and a pleasant one to read, including for the hotel's management. Fundamentally, this is a good hotel. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and well equipped - possibly even stylish. The fact that the wardrobe is just inside the door, and there slightly dffiatt to access is quirky, rather than annoying. The location is good- central, but really quiet. The shower's powerful, and hot. The soaps and shampoo provided are good quality. The breakfast buffet is excellent. The bar staff are attentive and helpful. The snacks available at the bar are good value and good quality. My bed was very comfortable.

But... Would I recommend it? No, but l haven't stayed in any other hotels in St Petersburg. for me, the experience of staying here was undermined by a number of serious flaws. First, we arrived in a group of 12 on a business trip: it took over 45 minutes to cheek us all in. The wifi didn't work, and when complaints were made, we were too it would take 10 minutes to fix. Actually, it couldn't be fixed, and the most assertive complainants had a router installed in their rooms which resolved the problem. Others, including his author, were too that it was their hardware which was at fault. The pillows are about a foot thick, and really uncomfortable. Breakfast finishes serving at 10am, which seems early. Finally, and most seriously, guests and visitors are permitted to smoke in the lounge. When l asked if there was a smoke free place to sit the answer was a shrugged "No". So this asthmatic went and wheezed elsewhere.

For my part, the "but's" were much greater than they should have been,and I wiII try to avoid staying there again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Novotel_Centre, Manager at Novotel St. Petersburg Centre, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to give such detailed feedback about your stay at our hotel. Also we would like to thank you for the positive moments which you marked.

Unfortunately, on these dates, when you stayed with us, we were hacked from the outside and our Wi-Fi system was broken down. Out IT manager spent 24 hours in the Hotel and tried to fix this problem. Also I would like to mark, that cable internet working normally during this period. Now all the problems are solved.

Concerning our lobby bar, for now it is the only place on the territory of the hotel where guest can smoke. During high occupancy can be smell of cigarettes, but usually we switch on all the air-conditioners. Also we have very comfortable zones in our Restaurant which is absolutely non-smoking.

I am very sorry that this time your experience did not meet your expectations.
We very appreciate your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Nadia Shigaeva
Deputy Front Office Manager
Llanelli, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

i visited the Novotel recently and was given an exceptionally warm welcome by the friendly and very helpful staff. Nothing seemed to be too much for them with guidance , tips, advice for restaurants and general support during my visit.
The hotel itself was very clean, comfortable , breakfast was a delight, and the lobby bar area was a pleasure to spend time in , whether working or relaxing.
I would recommend for people either for business or pleasure purposes.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank k t
Novotel_Centre, Manager at Novotel St. Petersburg Centre, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Guest!

Thank you a lot for this awesome review. It's great to hear that our team was helpful and friendly. I will definitely pass your nice comments to the staff. Please, be assured, that your positive feedback is a great mean of motivation for our team and we will continue to deliver great service at all times.

Please, accept warm greetings from Novotel St. Petersburg Centre and we will be really happy to welcome you back here!

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed October 26, 2013

After reading great reviews on this hotel, I was looking forward to travelling here with my family for our first time in Russia... Sadly, I was extremely disappointed.
I ordered room service (serve of french fries). Upon delivery, the girl who delievered it could not speak english, and refused to let me sign for my account, I tried explaining to her that I had just arrived and didn't have RUB only EURO.. After giving her Euro that I was told would 'be ok' I checked online on exchange rates and relised that I had paid over 231 RUB more, kind of felt ripped off here?.. After all this, my order was cold. I went to bed hungry. Still not sure if I got charged this to my room yet?
At breakfast the next morning, service was terrible. The wait staff all stood around talking and had not offered guests tea or coffee.. It took 20 mins until they started going around... not really what I would expect from a 4 star hotel?
Housekeeping standards were not so great either, my shower was dirty and had an awful smell from it and the handle for the shower head kept flinging the shower head off causing water to run out into the carpeted area of the room.

Overall, if customer service is something you want, I recommend staying somewhere else, if you just want a bed, then by all means, stay here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Mitch c
Novotel_Centre, Manager at Novotel St. Petersburg Centre, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Guest!

Thank you very much for taking time to give such detailed feedback about your recent stay at our hotel. First and foremost please accept my sincere apologies that we haven't been able to deliver the level of service that you expected from Novotel.

Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem you had with room service to prevent future occurrence. Also we are discussing in detail your comments regarding breakfast, to ensure, that the necessary measures will be implemented to improve the quality of breakfast service. I wish you informed us immediately about the problem with a shower in your room and we could solve it straight away or suggest you a new room. We are very sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations.

Again, we thank you for your comments and hope to regain your confidence in a future stay. Waiting to welcome you soon, and please accept the assurances of our grateful feelings.

Moscow, Russia
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Reception very helpful and attentive, satisfactory service in the restaurant, cleanlines in time, good and comfortable center location. Optimised cost, location, service level. Good choice in reataurant buffet.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest!

We appreciate your comments and happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Customer service is our top priority, and it is always great to hear our guests are happy with it.

Thank you for staying at Novotel St. Petersburg Centre and do come back to visit our wonderful city again!