“Comfort, location, luxury”

Taleon Imperial Hotel
Ranked #45 of 358 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We are currently staying at the Taleon Imperial hotel for four nights. We are staying in a deluxe suite which is very comfortable with its own balcony. It has all we would wish for except tea and coffee making facilities. The magnifying mirror in the bathroom is the best I have found in any hotel, which is a bonus. The staff have been very friendly and attentive. The location is great for all the main sites. The breakfast is extensive and delicious. I like all the free touches, such as wifi throughout the hotel and plentiful bottles of water. I hate it when big hotels charge for wifi. All rooms in Russia seem to be very hot, but you can turn the heat down. The hotel complemented our stay in St Petersburg as it is in a former palace I believe. We are having a very happy time here and would recommend it to others.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Victoria K, General Manager at Taleon Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear Guest!
Thank you so much for taking time to write your comments on TripAdvisor. We appreciate highly your kind words regarding the hotel s location,comfort of staying and service provided by our staff.
The positive feedback from satisfied guests is our greatest reward. I will certainly share your comments with my team, so they are aware of their contribution in helping to satisfy your needs and meet your expectations.
We hope you will stay at Taleon Imperial Hotel during your next visit to St. Petersburg and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back.
With my warmest regards,

Reviewed February 16, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for four wonderful days in the middle of December. It really is everything it claims to be: historic; luxurious; atmospheric and very beautiful. The staff were without exception helpful, knowledge and immensely friendly. The food was excellent and the dining rooms were all impressive and atmospheric. Wonderfully situated on the Nevsky Prospekt, no more than five minutes walk from The Winter Palace, it was ideal as a base for one of the world's most striking cities and I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Victoria K, General Manager at Taleon Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Guest!
I appreciate highly the time taken by you to leave the feedback at the TripAdvisor and your high estimate of our hotel, it s location and atmosphere, quality of food and services. I will definitely share with my staff your praising their politeness and friendliness.
Thank you very much for recommending our hotel to potential visitors.
We will be delighted to welcome you again at Taleon Imperial Hotel some day.
Warmest greetings and kind regards to you,

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We just come back from a short holidays in St. Petersburg, During our visit we stay at the Taleon Imperial Hotel, The character, elegant decor, sense of history and occasion, lovely pool area, attentive staff, comfortable rooms,and attention to detail make this hotel the finest hotel in this city

We loved everything about the hotel, The location is great The staff was very friendly and professional and the facilities including large indoor swimming pool, fitness center and are beautiful.
This Beautiful looking hotel,is very clean, and very comfortable and The breakfast was amazing.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Victoria K, General Manager at Taleon Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Dear Guest!
This is a great pleasure for me to read such a positive feedback as yours.Thank you very much for mentioning hotel s atmosphere,interiors, attention to details.We strive daily to please our clients and your high estimate of the service level means a lot to me and my team.
If you have any intention to come back to Saint Petersburg you are more than welcome in Taleon Imperial Hotel. Then we will have again pleasure to take care of you and make your next stay even more memorable.
With my warm regards and best wishes,

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Beautiful museum like hotel located in an ancient palace.
Superb location in Nevsky in the middle of a 2 metro station.
Very kind and attentif staff.
Room upgraded as being a LHW member.
Very nice, large room with beautiful bathroom.
Beautiful, large gym with nearly all necessary equipment.
Beautiful large indoor swimming pool.
Nice breakfast including caviar in a beautiful breakfast room looking to the Kazan's cathedral top.
Complimentary wireless access.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Victoria K, General Manager at Taleon Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2014

Dear Guest!
I would like to thank you for the generous review posted on TripAdvisor after your stay in Taleon Imperial Hotel. I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed your staying with us and flattered to receive your high appraisal of hotel s location, facilities and level of service. I will certainly share your kind comments with my team.
We hope you will stay in Taleon Imperial Hotel during your next visit to Saint- Petersburg and then we will have again pleasure to take care of you and make your next stay even more exiting.
With my warm regards and best wishes

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Impressive interior! The breakfasts were very good and the wait staff was always very helpful. All staff were courteous and accomodating. Our room had twice daily service although on the weekends the evening service was mainly turndown. We received a room upgrade and we had more than enough of room

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2013

This was my favourite hotel, but it seems that something has changed there, because lots of people that used to work in the hotel is not there anymore and the services are just not on the same level as before. Hotel has nice location in the centre of St.Petersburg not far from the Hermitage. It has the best fitness centre and swimming pool in St.Petersburg (on the 6th floor, so you can see stars if swimming by night), the rooms are nicely decorated and posh (XVIII century style for those that like that). But some of the rooms are not well maintained and in some bathrooms you may have problem with bathtub, the services are not on the same level as before (when you order a breakfast to the room they might forget to bring some stuff that you ordered). I still like it because it is never crowded. If you have a LHW card you will get a free breakfast and will be upgraded if they have a vacant room.

Room Tip: Each room is a bit different, but I prefer the rooms in the old part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ales11_11
Victoria K, General Manager at Taleon Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2013

Dear Guest!
I appreciate highly the time taken by you to leave the feedback at the TripAdvisor. I am happy that you have enjoyed the location of the hotel,rooms interior, facilities,especially our SPA and swimming pool. There is no need to say how disconcerted I was reading your comments concerning service provided. Let me assure you that we are working hard on keeping our service level up to the high standarts.
I would like to appologize for any inconvinience occured during your stay and to invite you to our hotel to turn the impression to positive one.
With my warmest regards
Viktoria Kondratieva

Reviewed October 18, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is quite well located. Great breakfast! You can actually see the sun rising from the restaurant, which is beautiful. We have had problems with our room due to a lack of hot water, but they managed to upgrade us to another room in the following day. The spa is also wonderful! Really worth staying there. Their staff can speak English and they are quite friendly.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank liafl
Victoria K, General Manager at Taleon Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear Guest!
I was so happy to read your kind comments about our Hotel and your high estimate of our staff and quality of our services. I will definitely share with my staff your generous feedback.
Thank you very much for recommending our hotel to potential visitors.
Welcome back again!
We will be happy to have you with us.
Kind regards,