“Would give it 6 stars if we could ...”

Taleon Imperial Hotel
Ranked #41 of 351 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Singapore
“Would give it 6 stars if we could ...”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

After a wonderful 3 nights stay at the brand new Hotel Domina Prestige, we took a short cab ride to the Hotel Taleon Imperial (walkways along part of the Moika River was under repairs, deemed not walk-able as of Sept 2013). Upon check in, we were given a gorgeous room in the oldest part of the Hotel (pink facade), with a lovely fully marbled bathroom that has a claw-legged tub (with a separate shower and twin vanity sinks), the only in the Superior twin room category we were told, spaseebo (thank you)!

The room was quite spacious, with enough space to walk about and also storage space. But the star attraction must be its brightly lit, heated floors and fully marbled bathroom, very luxurious indeed! Based on our weekend package, which only requires a two nights stay starting on a Friday night, includes daily breakfasts, two dinners and one lunch, a free tour of the Hotel's State rooms, a tour of The Hermitage with a private guide (we did not accept this, too bad) etc. Talking about good value, stay here during the weekends and go for the 'I Love you, Peter's Great Creation' package and you would never regret your choice, trust me ....

Ms Ludmiler (spelling), the beautiful lady concierge, gave us an interesting tour of the Taleon's old Eliseev Palace, oh, you should see those gorgeous rooms, all from the late 1800's, so gorgeously preserved Neo-classical and Baroque grandeur - hmm, certainly my cup of tea! Julia & Victoria, the Receptionists, all spoke very good English and were very kind to us during our short two nights stay, spaseebo, again!

Facing a rather busy street, we were initially quite worried about possible noises, but fear not, those windows were very well sound proofed! There were at least 3-4 English channels on the TV, views of the entrance of the General Staff Building to the Hermitage from our room windows, means its only 5-7 minutes to The Hermitage museum, the number one attraction in St Petersburg, can you imagine how great the Taleon's location is?

The Hotel's common areas are nothing short of WOW, WOW and WOW for a lover of Classical art like me! Even my husband who is normally not keen in touring hotel's common areas, spent much time to accompany me to admire its restaurants, bars, walkways, swimming pool, old reception area, salons, atrium cafe, etc etc. If you love all things classical, stay here, you would loved it, trust me, again.

The roof top 6th floor swimming pool was at least 20-22 m long, heated, and enough to do laps. And nearby, there was a male and female sauna, where you could sweat it out after a good swim, which I did, of course - feels just like home! Small complaint here - our twin beds are somewhat too small for adults, but we soon got used to it. And there was no kettle in the room, but requested for it in advance and they remembered our request, great service!

The 3 complimentary meals which we had separately at the Taleon Gourmet Restaurant (go for the hot appetiser with lobster sauce), Victoria Restaurant (where you also have your daily breakfasts) and Griboedov Bar were nothing short of stunning and yummy! Needless to say, our best Russian meals were here, right at The Taleon Imperial.

Location of the Taleon is also simply unbeatable, as you are literally on the Nevskiy Prospekt - the main thoroughfare in St Petersburg, with tons and loads of shopping and restaurants! The main attraction, The Hermitage museum, is also a short 5-7 minutes easy walk, what more could you ask??? The hotel rates, though not cheap, is certainly worth its money even without the 3 free meals, swear on this!

At the Taleon Imperial, much unlike the Grand Hotel Europe (which we also stayed our 6th and last night in St Petersburg), you would feel much more privileged and special here. And though not cheap, you would feel you have finally gotten your money's worth here. I mean, there are no group tours here, so, you will feel really pampered and the Hotel's common areas are so museum like .... So if you want to splurge in this beautiful city, do it at the Hotel Taleon Imperial!

For us, the Hotel Taleon Imperial is the ONLY hotel we would consider going back to if we ever return to St Petersburg. Since we have stayed at a total of 3 hotels in the city, we seriously felt that we can safely come to this conclusion. Hope you would feel the same and book your stay here, you would be so so glad that you did, so do yourself a favour and stay here!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, quiet room facing the Moika river.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank JChua

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed September 23, 2013

On our arrival at this superb hotel we walked into pure splendor, everything from the reception to the bar area you pass through screams elegance.
To my delight our room was what dreams are made of, with a bathroom to compliment all the extravagance.
This hotel is is situated in beautiful St Petersburg, with shops and sites all within walking distance, breakfast was also a real treat, with superb service.
I highly recommend this hotel to any-one looking for a romantic treat, it's an experience I will never forget, however the drinks are extremely expensive, but all part of the experience.

Room Tip: Our room was on the top floor, and it was better than some of the others I saw.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michy312595
Victoria K, General Manager at Taleon Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Dear Guest!
Thank you very much for your time sharing your experience of Taleon Imperial Hotel. I am pleased to know that you have enjoyed your staying and flattered to receive your high appraisal of hotels interiors, the room and facilities. Your praising our city and description of its attractions is for sure very important for those who have intention to visit St. Petersburg.
We look forward to welcoming your back to our hotel and will do our best to make your stay even more pleasant.
Kindest regards,
Viktoria K.
Rancho Mirage, California
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The Taleon is a former Palace that has been converted into a hotel. The architectural style on the interior exudes charm. The staff were helpful and courteous. Our room was a large corner room looking out on Nevsky Prospect and had, probably the most fabulous bathroom we have ever been in. There are cheaper hotels to choose from but, in our view, the added price was worth it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria K, General Manager at Taleon Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Guest!
This is a great pleasure for me to read such positive review as yours.Thank you for mentioning hotel s style, location and facilities,we appreciate your kind words.The positive feedback from satisfied guests is the best reward for us.I was pleased to read your warm wards regarding our staff and level of service.I will certainly pass your kind comments to them.
Should you have any questions or requests please contact me directly. And,of course, we are looing forward to welcoming you back to Taleon Imperial Hotel and to make your stay pleasant.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed September 15, 2013

A flash back to the Russian Czars. A magnificent hotel with opulent rooms, modern bathrooms, great location, excellent restaurants for breakfast and dinner and friendly, welcoming staff.

If you stay in any hotel in St. Petersburg or even Russia, stay here. Kempinski in Moscow is a great 5 star hotel; so is Hotel Europa in St. Petersburg, regarded as the highest standard in Russia and I have stayed in both. Taleon Imperial rises above both, in my view, with its noble history, large suites and rooms, its remodeling up to a first class hotel, worldwide standards, its new bathrooms and an unbeatable location. Here, you cannot go wrong.

Leaving for the airport, they will send you off safely in a Mercedes with a beautiful breakfast package if you leave a 5:00 am. Everything clean, spotless and great service.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, book it!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Victoria K, General Manager at Taleon Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Guest!
Thank you very much for your time sharing your experience of Taleon Imperial Hotel with other travellers.It is a great pleasure for me to read such positive and warm comment as yours. Your praising of the hotels location,comfort and size of the rooms,level of service is priceless for our team.We try to make every effort to ensure our guests are provided with exellent service and it is great when we get it right.
We look forward to welcome you back in St.Petersburg and in our hotel and I assure you that this time it will be even more delightful.
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed in this lovely hotel with my princess, two separate times within a month. One of those times happened to be my birthday. We were on business but this didn't keep us from enjoying this lovely hotel and the most beautiful city in Russia.

We had different rooms in our two stays with one of them being real huge, apartment like, with two floors. It seemed as if this room was from a different generation to be honest but still as it was only for one night, we tried to make the best of it. The second room we stayed in was more like a hotel room. It was also very big in Hotel standards with a separate living room, bed room and very nice bathroom made out of marble.

It seems as if this hotel is huge in size and also it seems as if it is of a different lifetime. I don't know for sure how old it is but it must be very old, which makes it so historic. It is very impressive how well maintained this hotel is and how well it manages to combine the new with the old and as a result not losing it's attractiveness.

I have not eaten anything in the hotel so I can't review the food but in terms of location, service, and architectural and sculptural beauty this hotel is top notch.

When spending your day to day life in a crazy and demanding city as Moscow, the beauty and calmness of St. Petersburg is just like prescribed medicine for the body and soul. In this case, the Taleon Imperial seems like the perfect choice or doctor.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Guy3103
Dear Guest!
I would like to thank you for your generous review.There is no need to say how happy I am to receive such a positive feedback as yours. I am really pleased that you appreciated the hotel maintenance, its unique style, location and provided service. I am glad that you noticed the combination of majestic style of the hotel and modern equipment. I will proudly share your kind comments with my team. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit in St.Petersburg!
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Beautiful hotel and very attentive service. We felt like we were in a private club rather than a public hotel. Met at the airport by a driver We were upgraded to a suite upon arrival. The public areas are beautiful. This is a true palace. Excellent food, excellent location. Worth the cost. This was our 40th anniversary trip.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria K, General Manager at Taleon Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Guest!
Thank you very much for your generous revew. No need to say how happy I was to share your great comments with my team.
I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay,the hotel's location,its public areas and, which is most important,the level of service.Your praising the hotel is very important for those travellers who have to make the choice and visit our unique city.
We certainly are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to St.Petersburg!
Warm regards,
Victoria K.
Los Angeles
Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hotel can boast about having one of the best locations in the city. The building itself is magnificent and the rooms are nicely appointed. However, the hotel management needs to teach their employees how to treat their guests. On our 1st night we asked the concierge for a recommendation for a restaurant that serves typical Russian cuisine that would be frequented by locals. She sent us to a restaurant called Russia Vodka Room No 1, which is perfect for large tour busses filled with tourists.
Although the breakfast buffet had a great selection of food, the staff could barely crack a smile.
One evening we wanted some change so we could take a bus to our destination. The front desk told me they could not change a small ruble bill and directed me to the bar to try, which also refused my request.
Room service for breakfast on the day of our early morning checkout never arrived, even though I handed the request to the front desk the prior evening to make sure they would deliver it on time.
We had the opportunity to walk into the newly opened Four Seasons Hotel a few blocks away and quickly saw how a well trained staff treats their guests. Although the Taleon can certainly compete based on its facilities, unless they give their service area a serious look I think they are going to lose out to the competition.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank ZZZZ10
Victoria K, General Manager at Taleon Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Guest!
I would like to thank you for the sincere feed-back.I am really pleased you enjoyed the hotel location, your room and hotel's facilities. It is indeed a pity that negative impression has occured during your stay due to level of service.I would like to reassure you that we are constantly working hard on keeping our service level up to the high standarts and all possible measures were taken to prevent any similar cases in future. We have initiated the series of service trainings for our employees to motivate them to be more sympathetic and more enthusiastic about guest's needs and wishes.
I would like to apologize for any inconvenience occured during your stay and to invite you to our hotel in order to show how service improved and personnel became more friendly.Me and my team will be happy welcoming you back in St.Petersburg and make your stay pleasant.