“The most luxurious hotel in my life so far”

Taleon Imperial Hotel
Ranked #44 of 357 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I loved everything about it. We spent out first wedding night there and we were happy about our choice. I want to come back there for the anniversary $-) The most fascinating place is the swimming pool on the top floor. There was nobody at 10 a.m. , so I enjoyed the whole pool tiled with mosaic all alone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank KatyaSt
There are newer reviews for Taleon Imperial Hotel

Reviewed May 11, 2013

This is a member of the LHW and yes, it is luxurious with spacious rooms,gold and crystal, infact a bit too much...but every one's taste...it also misses some central point, a cosy bar or something. Now, the bar is somptueus with big chairs, just like a palace, but stil, rather small. Service is very good. We had no electricity fore a while and in 5minutes, a repairman came. He had a lot of work (infact not IN the room) and the day after we found a good bottle of wine with grapes for the inconveniences, very nice!!)

For the wheelchair: entrance of the hotel is not accessible by yourself. You need help. After the entrance is a long ramp (managable if you have some power).
There is unfortunately a lot of carpets,also in the room! The rooms are not always easy to find, same withe the restaurant: it is sometimes very confusing to find , you have to take 2elevators and some ramps (carpet) ... Also carpet in the restaurant ...
Bathroom is okay, toilet is low but grabs,no adapted shower. The mirror is too high (theenlargable one)
Although we enjoyed our stay at the Talin, it certainly does not derserve to be in the LHW for the wheelchair-users....;.) but the prices are .... Ofcourse this is why we are a bit severe in our comments!
I also wanted a manicure but the person on the telephone said it was not possible, the therapist was not on duty...(fridayafternoon)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I visited Taleon on May 2013 for 5 nights with my family (2 kids 6 and 5 years old).
Staff is very polite and especially concierge service is far above average.
The room was very spacious and clean. We had an upgrade to a superior suite without additional cost.
The decoration and the style of the hotel is very conservative, but maybe it couldn't be otherwise, because the building was a palace before.
There are three restaurants which serve very good and decent food.
Prices are normal for hotel restaurants and for Saint Petersburg also.
Breakfast was just normal with nothing extra.
The location of the hotel is really fantastic. It is situated just 5 minutes walk from Winter Palace.
Last but not least, the pool and the spa of the hotel is a must to do thing. It is located at the 6th floor with a glass rooftop where you can see the sky and all the city.
It is really recommended to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This hotel has been renovated with style and the service is good if not excellent. The major attractions are within waking distance. Also the metro station is nearby. I do recommend to use metro. It is very modern and safe.
The rack rate is high, but if you get a good deal this hotel is defenitely the place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife, daughter and I spent a week here visiting St Petersburg. It was an excellent hotel - nice rooms, nice staff and good food.

In addition to being a great hotel in its own right, it is also in an excellent location and within easy walking distance to most of the main sights of the city. It is also close by to a number of very good restaurants.

We arranged a hotel car to get to/from the airport, attend the opera and to visit a few of the palaces outside the city proper and this was all well organised, efficient and the drivers were excellent. We had no language difficulties (hotel staff and drivers) while there as everyone we dealt with spoke/understood English well enough to get by (and far better than our Russian - which is nonexistent).

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Our family with 3 kids below 10 spent a long weekend at the Taleon. The location is excellent close to the Herimitage as well as restaurants and shopping around Nevsky Prospect. The best thing with the hotel is the large pool on the top floor which was a great asset during days with bad weather and to relax after sightseeing. The hotel is newly renovated albeit not with the highest quality. The wall to wall carpet in the room as some strange plastic layer underneath it. The bed linen did not feel like pure cotton. The bathroom amenities are not of top quality. The beds were very hard and no option to change mattress. Towels and bathrobes has a Frette label on them but did in my opinion not feel like the real thing. Room were clean but some days the beds were prepared for night and curtains closed allready at noon, some other days nobody came by at all. The rooms are very quite despite overlooking Nevsky which is a busy street. Front desk was friendly but not profesional enough for a hotel like this. Concierge same thing. The hotel overchages for all extra services. Breakfast is very expensive, but there is a good but extremely slow cafe in the same building. Hotel charged us 4,000 rubles for a airport pickup. Going back to the airport we paid 600 for exactly the same van but from an independent taxi company and this driver spoke English!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My 13 year old daughter and I visited St.Petersburg for 4 days in February. The Taleon was recommended by friends so we stayed there. The pictures do not actually represent what the hotel is like. The Taleon seems to be primarily a conferene hotel. The lobby, while decorated nicely, is a long and circuitous way from the guest rooms. The hotel is an awkward joining together of several buildings under one roof, and it just didn't work. On the up-side, our large room was gorgeous and the huge buffet breakfast included with it was beyond our expectations.

Where they really lost me was at check out. I had problems with my US bank when I tried to withdraw money from the cash machine at the hotel, and in order to solve the issue, spent 45 minutes on my hotel room phone with the bank in the US. I made what my bank assured me was a toll free call using the number they provided. The hotel charged me $260 for the toll free call! They were non-negotiable at check out, and I have already spent an absurd amount of time being given the run around with my credit card company and the bank trying to receive compensation.

I would suggest another hotel. The Taleon's location is no better than that of the other luxury hotels in the city. I would certanly never send friends there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family