“Highlight of the trip for a beer lover” 5 of 5 bubbles

Beer Cafe Craft
Ranked #363 of 10,180 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Bar, European, Pub, Central European
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Craft is the one and only beer cafe where you can taste a wide range of Russian craft beers. We serve different kinds brewed by independent contract Mager Brewery, AFBrew company and others. You can also taste beers from Belgium, Netherlands, Germany and UK - on tap and bottled.
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight of the trip for a beer lover”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stumbled on this place on my last night alone in St. Petersburg looking for some great local beer. That much I got that - I doubt there's a better brewpub in the city - but also quite a bit more. Serge, one of the pub's co-owners and the brewer at the awesome local Mager Brew, swung by within a few minutes of my arrival, and the two of us talked beer, politics, religion, and finally more beer, for around 3 hours. It wasn't just a great drinking spot, for me (as a beer geek) it was a truly unique insight into the local culture. A must for anyone looking for a friendly atmosphere and authentic Russian brews.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank WoodyPayne

• Polish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“GREAT service and beer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our experience here was outstanding. We don't know any Russian and the bartender translated the whole menu for us, item by item. The food was good, nothing spectacular but the beer was SUPER good. Great selection and I got to try several Russian craft beers. If you like trying the local beer when you travel, do yourself a favor and stop here. Great service, great local beer (I couldn't find russian craft beer anywhere else) and good food. Recommended!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank fjsouki
Mexico City, Mexico
“Amazing craft beer bar, lovely staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

My friend and I stopped by Bier Cafe Craft on our way to our hotel and our expectations were blown away. While they don't have an English menu yet, the staff was kind enough to translate everything and recommend us beers. My friend (the beer fanatic out of the two of us) was in cloud nine and wished we could have gone there every day of our stay. I tasted a beer from their home brewery (called L'Ete Etrange I believe) and it was incredible.
There are so many beers on tap and the staff is so gracious, a must stop for beer-loving tourists!

Visited August 2013