“Excellent prelude to Marinsky ballet”

Romeo's Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #12 of 10,559 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Italian, International, Bar, Grill
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Romeo's Bar & Kitchen is located in the heart of St. Petersburg in a few steps from Mariinsky Theatre and N. A. Rimsky-Korsakov Saint Petersburg State Conservatory. The spirit of Italian Opera and architecture are invariably conjures up dreams of Italy and Romeo's ready to be your guide in the culinary world, where is implemented the desire about an authentic Italian restaurant in Russia. Mirko Zanini - founder of the restaurant group, which also includes the cozy little restaurant Little Italy and Arancino bright pizzeria, seeks to convey the service and level of cuisine in the way of traditions of true Italian restaurants. Restaurant Romeo's is unique place in every way: the unity of three concepts - cuisine, pastry shop and bar is allows each guest to find something for yourself. Breakfasts, lunches, a la Carte and children's menu, pizza and confectionery. You can start your morning with a hot breakfast with a lovely cup of coffee and a fresh Croissant. From 12.00 till 16.00 on weekdays business lunch with large choice of dishes is available. We are always happy to see you in our big Italian family!
Reviewed July 31, 2014

With my wife we wanted to dine before a ballet at Marinsky Theatre and were lucky to find Romeo's. Perfect and clean italian setting, kind and warm service and very tasty food. We had gaspacho to start - excellent - and fish as principal plate. My wife adored the sea bass, and I was happy with grilled salmon. I would have given five stars, but since I remember even tastier salmon in Finland, I stayed at four stars. Five would be correct, also. Highly recommendable place, especially with so moderate prices.

There are newer reviews for Romeo's Bar & Kitchen

Reviewed July 30, 2014

We were taken to Romeo's on the 2nd day of our organised tour of St Petersburg. It is essentially an Italian restaurant, but we had a set menu of local dishes. We started with a salad, followed by a bowl of warming borsch, a creamy Beef Stroganoff with rice, and ice cream for dessert. All of the dishes were delicious. We also ordered some local beers to go with it that we paid for in roubles. They also make their own pastries that we were able to try.

The décor is smart and modern, and the service was very friendly and efficient. Recommended.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

The food was good but the chocolate dessert I had was amazing. I saw it in a display counter when I walked in the door and knew I wanted it. It looked like a mound of chocolate. It had pieces of cake and a very light meringue inside.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

We went there late night after the Opera in the Mariinsky theater. We had no reservation and they were busy but luckily they had one table outside, by the canal. What a charming set up. We could sit there the whole night if we were not tired.
Food is very good, a real gem of Italian food and very friendly service. Whatever we had was very good: Steak Tatar, Asparagus with fried egg (not to believe how good is the combination), Pasta Carbonare and "Aglio & Olio Pasta". I don't remember what we had for desert but believe me it was delicious: usually we share the desert but not this time - each one had his own desert! They have a wonderful but selected Italian menu . They have also some Russian and Ethnic dishes. highly recommended!

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Travelling a lot and enjoying good food and service, I was still positively surprised by Romeo's Bar & Kitchen. Not only about the warm hearted and attentive service but as well about the the fantastic food. The cosy interior is warm and inviting and one can spend just a short time for breakfast or some hours with friends or family. The menu delivers everything you would expect from an Italian Restaurant and much more. The pastry is outstanding and makes sure you won't regret the gained weight. All in all, a fantastic discovery and I will surely be back next time!!!

1  Thank Rillof A