“A Find”

Cuisines: Italian, Russian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Our hotel Grand Orient Europe suggested this restaurant. We loved it so much we ate there twice during our recent four night stay. The ambiance is charming. Sort of a bird cage, garden theme going on there. Our waitress was adorable but with her limited English it was a godsend that the menu had English and Italian. The rest just worked. They had carafes of wine and also a full bar. She suggested the focaccia bread which was the BEST ever! We went back (our last night) to get another dose!
They have an extensive menu and is truly Italian. The kitchen produced beautiful and bountiful food for us ranging from artichokes to homemade ravioli stuffed with goose (sublime!) to succulent veal. It is a wonderful place! Also they can call you a car to take you back to the hotel. Both times, the price was reasonable and worth every penny.

There are newer reviews for Francesco

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I can proudly say this restaurant is one of my favorite in St. Petersburg! The food was delicious, servers were really nice. Loved it!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is ,with no doubt ,one of the best Italian restaurants outside Italy. If you are at St. Petersburg and you are looking for a great Italian meal ,this is the place for you!!

Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

The food at Francescos is amazing, which is the one and only reason I eat to begin with. That said, of the handful of times I have eaten there I have always left feeling like I was just spoiled in every way. Im not a wine fanatic, but the sommelier picked out some very delicious, if expensive, options to pair with my meal. Ive had several things on the menu, the osso bucco was my favorite. I also love to get a sampling of thier appetizers. Octopus there has made me want to come back the next day just to make sure it was really as good as I remembered it. And, finally, the service there has always been top notch... by St Petersburg standarda that is.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Inizialmente ero insucuro sulla scelta effettuata dal mio fornitore di mangiare italiano fuori Italia (pessime esperienze in vari viaggi); ma da Francesco mi devo ricredere!
Il risotto era al dente e ben matecato; la pizzaiola di vitello era squisitamente tenera e con vero sugo di pomodoro; il tutto condito da un'ospitalità eccellente!
Mi sono sentito come a casa...
- At the beginning I was not really sure about the supplier choice for the italian restaurant out of Italy (I got bad experiences in several travels); then within Francesco's restaurant I need to change my point of view!
The rice was well cooked and "mantecato"; the veal pizzaiola was exquisite and tender with real italian tomato sauce; the host and the atmosphere were excellent!
I felt like at home...