“One of the best Hostel ever !”

Soul Kitchen Junior Hostel
“One of the best Hostel ever !”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Soul Kitchen Junior Hostel is for me a second house...
I'm french and live 2hours far from St Petersburg, each time we are coming, we are always staying in this hostel.

It's really modern, design, cosy, and with a great atmosphere. Completely clean and the staff is so great !! The only problem is that it's becoming harder and harder to get a room since it's becoming so popular...

I highly recommend you this place, and the location also is really good. In the center with a river view. The only week point would be that it's so huge that you might end up not to meet the other guest, moreover if you are staying in a private room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 21, 2013

This is my first review of any hostel and let me tell you I have stayed in many but none can come close to this for character, surroundings and a truly caring staff. They want you to have the maximum enjoyment not only out of the hostel but St. Petersburg itself, giving you local tips of the best places to go to for culture, sightseeing, food and drink etc. The facilities there are also unheard of e.g. free international calls to any land line. The rooms immaculate and warm and the kitchen area was very clean. Myself and my friend only had two nights there but those two nights will leave a lasting impression of a place that cared for its residents. Thanks guys.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This was, without a doubt, the best hostel I've ever stayed at. From the moment of arrival the staff did everything they could to help make my stay comfortable. They seemed to have thought of everything, from free printing of boarding passes to offering to post your postcards for you, to wifi and computers to use. The bedrooms were extremely comfortable, with each bed having its own curtain, offering privacy which isn't always available at other hostels. They have spacious lockers for belongings and they provide padlocks to rent if you have forgotten your own. I also think it's great that you don't have to pay any extra for linen and towels.

Kitchen facilities are excellent with 2 large fridges, microwaves, plates, pots, pans, cooking hobs etc etc, so eating proper meals in the hostel is definitely plausible. The bathroom facilities were also good, there seemed to be enough showers/toilets and I only had to wait for one on a couple of occasions throughout my four day stay. I did find that the shower was a bit cold on my last morning but I think that was because I was showering at the same time as most other people before the 10am checkout.

Location-wise this hostel was excellent too, and although it was a bit of a walk from the nearest tube station, it was close to numerous shops/restaurants etc, as well as the main tourist attractions like the cathedral of spilled blood. All in all I would definitely say that this hostel is worth the (very little) money that I paid to stay there and I would recommend it to anyone who is wanting to stay in St. Petersburg.

Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed March 9, 2013

This is certainly the best hostel I've ever stayed at - and (not bragging about it) I've already been to 30 countries.
Imagine an EXTREMELY cozy place, with the friendliest staff you can get and an atmosphere that makes you feel sooo much like home. I loved it, my girlfriend loved it and I had the feeling that so did every single guest I met there. Some HOTEL owners should visit Soul Kitchen Junior to take it as an example for their properties.
Oh, and DO NOT let the building entrance scare you! It is a building from the 19th century and it seems like the staircase is maintenance is not a priority for whoever is responsible for it, but you can't imagine how positively surprised you will be obce you're actually in the hostel facilities.
Location: perfect.
Value for money: the best you can get.
Cleanness: probably cleaner than my apartment ;-), both in the rooms and common areas.
Safety: nothing to complain about.

PLUS;
- they offer free calls to more than 50 countries
- the kitchen is very well organized
- the living room features a nintendo wii, a huge TV and an even bigger sofa
- every single detail from decoration makes you wonder how can somebody pay so much attention to details.

Well, all I can say is that I normally don't write such long reviews, but I was so impressed by this place that I just had to share my opinion with a higher level of detail.
If you're going to St. Petersburg, rest assured that you can't go wrong if you pick Soul Kitchen Junior for your accomodation. And you will wish you could stay longer...

Thanks for a great stay guys! Mainly Maria, Lena and Sascha!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank J_Guilherme_R_S
Belo Horizonte, MG
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Location: perfect.
Value for money: the best you can get.
Safety: nothing to complain about.

PLUS;
- they offer free calls to more than 50 countries
- the kitchen is very well organized
- the living room features a nintendo wii, a huge TV and an even bigger sofa

Thanks for a great stay guys! Mainly Maria, Lena and Sascha!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank J_Guilherme_R_S
Shropshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Recently had an excellent stay at Soul Kitchen Junior.

Previously booked into Soul Kitchen Hostel however contacted the hostel and they were happy to change our reservation to Soul Kitchen Junior. Great email contact - helped us get our Russian invitations and visas.

Arrived at the hostel to a warm welcome, staff were happy to help our regarding directions, suggestions of things to do, table reservations etc.

The hostel had great facilities - large kitchen/dining area, a common room with a tv, a Wii & dvd player, apple mac laptops which are free to use... me and my boyfriend stayed in a double room with ensuite - large room, very clean - defo worth the extra money.

Great location close to all the main attractions - St Issacs Cathedral, The Hermitage, Church of Spilled Blood... check out Zoom cafe, Teplo and Clean Plate Society for some fab food.

Overall... a fantastic hostel with great staff and facilities in a great location in Saint Petersburg.

• Stayed January 2013
5 Thank wise_frog_uk
Krasnodar, Russia
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I love evething about this hostel!
The rooms are clean, big beds, love the kitchen and the computer room!
There is a small balcony you can share a cigarette there and have a beautiful view at the Moyka river.
Location is very very nice - 10 minutes to Nevsky Boulevard!
Staff are friendly and nice!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo