“Very Good”

1-Day Introductory Highlights Tour: Visa-Free Saint Petersburg Shore Excursion
Ranked #33 of 1,795 things to do in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: One of the best examples of Baroque-style architecture, this splendid blue and white "Sailors' Church" topped with five glistening golden cupolas contains many 18th-century icons, ten magnificent paintings and walls that convey the history of the Russian navy.
London, United Kingdom
216 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Very Good”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is an active church and is pretty inside. It was not as large inside as I was expecting. Somewhere like the Church on the Spilled Blood is better.

Visited August 2013

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
Amstelveen, The Netherlands
83 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“More Rastrelli”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

If you are a fan of Rastrelli, don’t miss this one. It is situated somewhat off the beaten track, but is worth visiting.
Unfortunately the upper church was closed when we visited it.

Spangdahlem, Germany
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“A small gem in St Petersburg”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I enjoyed my brief stop at St Nicholas' Naval Cathedral in St Petersburg. Yes, there are more opulent and impressive churches and cathedrals in this city, but I appreciated the quiet beauty of St Nicholas' - almost subtle in comparison. While visiting, we saw a small part of an Orthodox ceremony, which highlighted the fact that this is an active, working cathedral, not just another tourist site. While I wouldn't call it a must-see, it was a pleasant, brief addition to our St Petersburg visit.

Brussels, Belgium
92 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Bit of a let-down”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

In a city with so many sights, I could have lived without seeing this.

It is a much-used church, and even on a weekday we saw 3 brides (which was nice) during our brief visit.

You can have a glimpse of the everyday church, but the Sunday church is not open to the public, and we had gone specifically to compare the two.

However, having said that, if you're in the area, do give it a quick visit.

Visited August 2013
South Florida
223 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 128 helpful votes
“Wish I could have gone inside”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The exterior is quite pretty with the gold domes. Since it was a warm day and I was wearing shorts, I couldn't go inside the church. It was Sunday and I could look in and see the people standing during the service. They don't have chairs in the church because they stand during the whole service.

1 Thank MVPinBoynton