“Good hotel, friendly staff”

Helvetia Deluxe Hotel
Ranked #5 of 362 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Nice hotel. Our room was large, bright and clean. The hotel is very quiet and during the summer their cafe has a nice outdoor area in the courtyard. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only downside is that it is a good half hour walk into the main sites. That being said, there is a metro station 2 minutes from the hotel if you do not fancy walking. We did not take it as the weather was nice and we enjoyed the walk after all.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I've stayed over one weekend in October of 2013. The hotel's location is amazing, only minutes by foot from Nevsky Prospekt and the Mayakovskaya Metro station. The service is top notch, the the staff polite and attentive. I spoke Russian, but I have heard them speaking to other guests to see that their English is also excellent. The rooms are what one would expect from a four star hotel. There may be an issue for some mobility-challenged guests as the elevator stops in a stair bank in between floors, so a short trip up or down the stairs is unavoidable for getting to one's room.

There was one issue where they recorded my room as empty and so changed the locks and attempted to put other people there. However, they were extremely apologetic and offered to upgrade me to a suite for the remainder of my stay and gave me a free transfer to the airport, so I am inclined to believe it was nothing but a simple mistake.

Overall, an excellent hotel in a great location. Would definitely come again!

Room Tip: Great Location!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank fgalkin
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Despite my short stay at this hotel,-I've overwhelmingly enjoyed every minute of it !!! That was due to cordial reception I received the second I had entered this hotel's premises and contiuned on with my room's cleanliness, welcoming staff, quiet atmosphere and a superb location in the city center !!! Money wise - every penny is worth it to enjoy the lovely accomodation at Helvetia Hotel, Saint Petersburg !!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have to say that this hotel was just great:

Location - 10 minutes walk from the main station for the Moscow train, metro station just down the street, just off Nevsky Prospekt - ideal.
Staff - everyone I dealt with was very friendly and helpful, they even insisted on speaking English when I tried to practice my dreadful Russian.
Room - was small (only a single bed) but I was there on my own for business so that didn't matter - apart from that it was clean, comfortable and had everything you needed with free wifi too.

I didn't try the hotel restaurants so can't comment. For the rate I got it for (through Expedia) it simply could not have been better. I was genuinely taken aback by how nice a hotel it was considering the rate I had paid

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

A good place, nice rooms, good restaurant, everything's clean and well done. BUT as it's frequent for Russia, the management hires young girls as receptionists that might be not trained at all or unfriendly by nature. A slender blond at our checkout almost did not look at us, talking loud endlessly on the phone and didn't even say us goobye at all. No smiles, for sure. The rest staff that we met was also hardly trained, but this is especially noticeable at the reception, you know. Still, a frequent problem for Russia.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nicholas1964
AnastasyaAgababova, Front Office Manager at Helvetia Deluxe Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Dear Nicholas1964,
It was our pleasure to welcome you in our hotel. Thank you for mentioning the hotel’s good points.
First of all, I want to apologize for unpleasant experience you met on the last day of your stay. We were passing a very tough period those days and had to hire a few new members of the staff, for whom it was perhaps one of the first days of ‘real’ work. We do our best to recruit the right people - professional, friendly and with good character, but sometimes we need some time to realize, if the person can be ’the right’ member of our team.
The high quality of personalized service has been our strong point at all times. Every trainee is being trained for at least two weeks before starting ‘real job’. Trainee receptionists who do not display professional skills never become members of our team. I really regret about the situation and can assure you that we will do everything to prevent such situations in the future.
We hope that we will have chance to welcome you in future and provide you with our regular high level of guest service.
Anastasia Agababova
Front Office Manager

Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed at Helvetia 3 nights. The hotel is very clean and comfy. Hotel staffs were great. They were willing to help and was able to speak English.

I am so impress about the services of Helvetia. We loved tiny weather forecast paper and chocolate. We found them when we came back from hanging around. (They also took very good care of my bear (a doll).

The location is great, just a few step to Nevsky Prospek Rd and Metro. Around the hotel, there are supermarket, bar, restaurant, coffee shop and also pub.

We would love to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Ideal location, nice rooms, prices for St. Peter absolutely ok.
The only drawback, they should not allow people to smoke in the hotel bar / restaurant which is also the place for breakfast. When you have an early meeting it's awfull to have breakfast in a smokey dump. If possible, book a room without breakfast and get a coffe elswhere...

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business