“Excellent location and rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Royal Hotel, St.Petersburg

Radisson Royal Hotel, St.Petersburg
Ranked #46 of 331 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Canmore, Canada
“Excellent location and rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

Stayed here for a few nights with my mother on her 70th birthday trip. We had requested a room with two doubles, and upon discovering we'd been assigned a king room, we let the front desk know and within minutes were helped to a very spacious new room with beds for both of us. The room was kept very clean throughout our stay, and staff were always eager to help with any requests. Funny thing: we phoned housekeeping to request face cloths, and someone appeared promptly at our door with loofah pads!
We had buffet breakfasts in the restaurant, which seemed to be rather understaffed, both with regard to restocking the buffet and serving tea and coffee. But the food itself was lovely and plentiful.
The location of this hotel on Nevsky Prospekt was very convenient for tourism and shopping, as well as just watching the world go by. A great spot!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank revykiwis
JOHN L, General Manager at Radisson Royal Hotel, St.Petersburg, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Guest,

Please let me take this oppotunity to thank you for your kind review of Radisson Royal Hotel!
I am happy to know you and your mother enjoyed your stay and that we had the honour to provide you with the best Yes I Can service.

Looking forward to welcoming you again in the future!
Please send our best wishes to your mom.

John Losasso

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I visited St Petersburg for 4 nights in September 2013 with a business colleague. I did a lot of research regarding the choice of the hotel to stay at for my first visit to this large and historic city. I short listed a few hotels and used TripAdvisor as a primary resource in reaching that short list.

When I arrived in St Petersburg I decided to visit the other hotels that I had short listed to be able to establish if my decision was in fact the right one!

I did not stay at the Radisson Royal Hotel and did not choose this hotel because there were so many concerns about room size, noise pollution and poor value for money when it came to the breakfast package.

However, in visiting the hotel it is superbly located! It was not far from the hotel I eventually decided upon and found the Radisson in a great part of the tourist area. It is close to many restaurants and easy to get to various parts of the city either on foot or by taxi.

I asked the front desk to show me a room and they were quite happy to do so once I produced a room key of the hotel that I was staying at! On visiting the room for a few minutes I realized I had made a good choice and found the room I was shown to be quite small. Some people are not bothered by space but when you travel a lot every few extra sq.feet do make a difference.

I walked around the common areas of the hotel and was overall glad with the choice that I had made.

I write this review to bring value to the many reviews that TripAdvisor members make. I found overall the reviews to be accurate and honest and this helped me place the Radisson on a short list but not, in my opinion, the hotel of choice!

I was surprised in price comparison to realize I did not actually pay a lot more to stay at the Grand Hotel L'Europe which turned out to be the right choice for me and my business associate on many levels.

In conclusion, on my visit to the Radisson Royal Hotel, the location is good, and would be a hotel I would choose if the price is right, however, those who have visited SPB and Moscow realize that prices can be unrealistically inflated and therefore it's important to know what you are paying for. At the price I paid, just being a little more than the Radisson Royal Hotel was selling at, the Grand Hotel L'Europe turned out to be the right choice!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Harv and Les C
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

- great location on Nevsky
- large enough rooms and beds
- really good breakfast
- no problem with wi-fi
- some useful channels on TV like RAI UNO

- some noise at night is possible
- no bathrobes and a porter
- usual problems with russian staff
- overall one of the best 5* hotels unless you need a luxury one

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Please let me take this oppotunity to thank you for your review.

I'm very glad to know your overall positive impression of the hotel. If you could be so kind to specify inconvinience you experienced with our staff, it would help us a lot to see if there's an improvement needed.

Hopefully, see you back in our hotel in not so distant future!

Kind regards,
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

Though I only stayed a couple of nights I found the hotel to be of a good a standard. The room was spacious, nice bathroom and a comfortable bed.

I ate in the bar/restaurant - good food, excellent beer (Baltika 7 &8) with friendly and helpful bar staff.

The only downside was the breakfast - a few extra staff would be helpful to enable a quicker and better service approach.

Will definitely re-book net time I am in St Petes!

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your feedback!
Your comments are of great value for us, as it helps us to get better.
Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvinience you suffered during the breakfast time. I will look into optimizing the number of restaurant staff in the morning.

Looking forward to welcoming you again.

Kind regards,
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a business meeting. The staff was very friendly and always helpful. I speak no Russian and there was always more than one person on staff for me to communicate my needs The business suite I stayed in was very spacious, the decoration very eclectic, the bed was comfortable and the bathroom floors are heated. The breakfast and lunch preparations and food were really great and allowed me a good selection of foods I liked. Location was great and within walking distance to all the sites and shopping. I would stay at this location again and recommend to others.

Room Tip: ask for a room that does not face the atrium.
1 Thank wdesalvo
JOHN L, General Manager at Radisson Royal Hotel, St.Petersburg, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Guest,

Let me take this oppotunity to thank you for your kind feedback in regards to your recent stay.

I'm very pleased to know that you enjoyed the services provided by our hotel, and we are looking forward to welcoming you again soon.

Orem, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

Great location. Lots of restaurants and shopping nearby. The hotel itself is okay one. The doors are so heavy and there was no bellboy to help with the bags. The mattress in not very comfy. The bathroom floors are heated, it was nice feature...

1 Thank Boldmaa
Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for your feedback on your recent stay.

We value your comments as they encourage us to work harder and see where it is essential to make an improvement.

Hope to welcome you again in our hotel in the future.

Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

It is a nice hotel, very well located on Nevsky Prospekt. It is clearly a Radisson hotel, comfortable and very well decorated. However it is not a 5 start hotel as it is written in some hotel booking pages. My room was quite small and the windows facing the inner yard, not really a very entertaining view! The most disturbing for me was the lack of sound isolation. You could hear so clear all sounds behind the walls such as people walking on the corridor.

Room Tip: Quiet rooms are not on the street side.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank countrytrotter
JOHN L, General Manager at Radisson Royal Hotel, St.Petersburg, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback.
We are glad to know your general positive impression of our hotel!

Also, please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvinience you suffered. Usually we get praises for our good sound isolation in the rooms.
Please let our Front Office Manager, Julia Samoylova, know about your next stay so we could provide you with the most quiet room away from the corridors or with a view onto Vladimirsky avenue.

Looking forward to having you back with us any time soon!

Best regards,