Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg
Ranked #98 of 344 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Brighton, Sussex, UK
“Not good”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

There are several major problems with this hotel if you are visiting St Petersburg as a tourist. 1. It is not very well located, being at the far end of Vasilyevsky Island and although there is a Metro station within 25 mins walk it would not be an easy matter to get into town for most tourists. The hotel shuttle was not available to members of tour groups who might want to go off and explore the city on their own.
2. When we stayed we were sharing the hotel with several school parties (mostly from the UK) who made great efforts to lower the tone of the place and make it feel more like a cheap hostel rather than a four-star hotel. This meant the hotel was noisy well into the small hours (eg 3.30am) and several calls to reception to get their young guests under control did not bring peace and quiet. The hotel staff knew about the disruption but had not taken effective action to deal with it.
3. I was initally given a smoking room despite not having asked for one and had to change rooms, although this was done without fuss by reception.
4 There were no coffee making facilities in the room and no safe, which is strange for a 4 star hotel. The room was otherwise of an acceptable standard.
5. The breakfasts were unbelievably bad. This may have had something to do with the half-term influx of hordes of schoolchildren who obviously think it is OK to slouch into a place of eating in bare feet and looking like they have been up all night disturbing the other guests, which is what many of them had been doing. But it was not acceptable to guests who had paid good money for their holiday and expected more from their accommodation.

On the positive side, the RGB restaurant was fairly reasonably priced and had a good selection of Russian and Western European food on offer. It was a haven of tranquility from the mayhem of the rest of the hotel!

In summary, avoid this hotel unless you specificaly want a monolithic monstrosity on the outskirts of the city with no amenities in the nearby area. And definitely avoid British half-term week unless you want to share your hotel with youngsters who have not grasped the concept of responsible and considerate behaviour despite passing through a highly-funded education system and presumably having parents and teachers who should be teaching them what constitutes acceptable civilised behaviour.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room if that is what you want.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank brightonchris1
KuehrS, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear Guest (brightonchris1)
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear that you haven’t been satisfied with our hotel and service. When going through your comments I have seen some issue we will be able to follow up immediately within our departments and can assure you that we take your comments very serious. Our guests are our ‘live’ and ‘love’ and we will do all possibly to assure a good stay in our hotel.
Let me give you some small feedback to the points mentioned:
1. Our shuttle bus is available for ‘all’ of our hotel guests on a ‘first come, first serve’ basis five times per day.
2. We had indeed some teenagers in-house whilst your stay and we tried our best to have all the ‘youngsters’ under control, however we do know that we haven’t been able to assure satisfactory quietness.
3. It’s good to hear that we have managed to change your rooms fast and in a proper manner.
4. We do offer guests tea & coffee facilities as well as other extra amenities for a little surcharge upon request.
5. In regards to breakfast, I would like to share with you that currently we are reviewing our breakfast standards, adding additional items and constantly trying to increase quality of our services & products. We unfortunately don’t have a ‘dress code’ for breakfast in place; however I believe this could be considered and implemented.
Once again let me apologize on behalf of my team for any inconvenience caused during your stay and would consider it very unfortunate for us that we weren’t able to prove our standards.
With best regards
Stefan Kuehr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Chelmsford
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was my third visit to St Petersburg over the past 16 years. I investigated the hotel before my stay and found exactly what most travellers described. The hotel is vast and very much 1980s Soviet in style and size. The modernising has on the whole been successful but you cannot hide the maze of corridors, which led me to think about past visits to Russia. I have used Park Inn Hotels elsewhere in the world and this does not meet the standards I have found, for example, in Shanghai.
The hotel is not well located for tourist visits in the City. This was not a problem in winter but may be a major issue in summer when many of the bridges are left open overnight to facilitate navigation of the river.
The food was edible but unexciting. Bar prices were on the high side and probably reflected the closeness to the ferry terminal where boats arrived from Finland.
To conclude, the staff need to be trained to reflect the Park Inn brand. Currently the hotel is adequate but not to the expected standard of service.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Neil046
KuehrS, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear Guest (Neil046)

Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor. It is for us from great importance that our guests share with us their experience. We have noted the comments you have made and will bring discuss them with our deparmtent heads.

You have mentioned that open bridges might be a problem during summer time. The contrary is the case, as this bridges are a 'must see' highlight for all Saint Petersburg travelers and the opening after midnight is a magic attraction for tourist and locals. Also, there got build a bridge some couple of years ago which fully connects the 'islands' and is a part of fantastic ring road.

Once again let me thank you for staying with us and hope to see you back in our hotel or any other Park Inn by Radisson worldwide.

with kind regards

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

This is really the worst hotel in my life!
1. Too long check in
2. Ugly room ( everything is old and dirty)
3. Terrible service ( actually no service ar all)
4. Constructional works ( entrance)
5. No fridge and minibar in the room
6. No toiletries in the room

You can definately find better hotel in this area! It is worth going here only if you want to have a Soviet Union Hotel experience!

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Margarita_gem
KuehrS, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest (Margarita_gem)

My name is Stefan Kuehr, new General Manager of the Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya Hotel. I would like to the chance to apologize for all the inconvinience caused during your stay in our hotel.

I have reviewed all your comments and will focus on all the 'software' issues you have mentioned like 'Check-In' Procedure, Attidude and proffesionalism of our employees. We are constantly upgrading our hotel and currently replacing the main entrance doors/area to creat a very nice 'first impression' when our honored guests are arriving to the hotel. Indeed we have still some rooms which are not fully refurbished, however we do our utmost to keep them clean and tidy and provide in-room amenties expected by guest choosing a mid market hotel.

Once again I can assure you that I'll have shared all your concerns with my team to assure a constant improvment of our product with the goal to make all our guests happy.

Yours sincerly

Kuehr Stefan

Travelers are raving about these St. Petersburg hotels

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Although the hotel from the Soviet time, the level of the hotel meets international and Park Inn standards. But there are some points that need to be improved. First of all, service and hotel staff. One person at the reception or questions from the guards at the entrance, do i live here or not, everytime when I came to the hotel spoiled general impression about the hotel. However, the hotel has also strong points. Very good varied and tasty breakfast. Nice rooms. I had suite with two rooms. Everything was well designed, modern and clean there. Free Wi-Fi (when I was there, quality of connection was ok). Free access to fitness club and saunas. Und also 15% discount for aqua park. Fitness club and saunas were really up-to-date fully equipped. I used it with pleasure. I will return there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Goscha
KuehrS, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest (Gosha)

Thank you very much for your good feedback.

Indeed we offer from 1st of January 2013 free basic internet access to all our guests which, I believe, should be a standard in any hotel.

In regards to our security and front office staff, I will address this to the department heads and look into further improvement .

Hope to have you back in our hotel again!

with kind regards

Moscow
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Big soviet hotel re-designed to satisfy Park Inn standards. its colors, breakfast, etc. are the same all over the world. Some Russian influence is clearly seen, however. Guards asking each new-comers if they stay here or not. Rather impolite! There was a party of Rezidor Group on Saturday evening and a lot of people were really drunken, trying to show off. Shame on them! Shuttle bus to the city center did not run according to its schedule. Why?

Breakfast is fine, room spacious and clean (I was upgraded as a Gold member of ClubCarlson), staff is polite and helpful. They have an AquaPark adjacent to the building, with some discounts for guests. Fitness and sauna included - that was really amazing! not just a few devices, but 2 floors equipped with everything, for all types of muscles and all difficulty levels.

The hotel is not close to the city centre, 20 minutes walk to the metro station, then 15 minutes ride. Or an hour or so walking.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest (comnen)

Thank you very much for your sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community.

In regards to our safety & security policies it is very important to assure that only hotel guests are entering specific areas. This is a pro-active activity to ensure that all our guest can enjoy there stay with us, however the way how to speak with the guest we still have to improve. I'll follow up with our security manager and will shedule trainings on this topic.

I am also very happy to hear that you have enjoyed our fitness facilities and our state-of-the-art Aquapark 'Waterville' which is indeed a great asset to the hotel.

Thank you very much for staying with and I truly hope that your next travel to Saint Petersburg will bring you back to our hotel.

With kind regards

Paderborn, Germany
Reviewed January 4, 2013

The services in the hotel were terrible. Huge lines at the few people available in the reception but is is not surprising considering the hotel has some 1200 rooms...
I paid the room in advance for 3 weeks and at some point they took hostage my laundry as I had to pay for this service in advance. Very rigid mentality in services.
Breakfast was less than basic and again the service was poor.
Room was decent and with a nice view towards the boulevard because I was lucky.
WIFI was very expensive and of poor quality.
The only good thing was that they offered free access to the saunas in the water park attached to the hotel.
Hotel is far away from "decent" restaurant and about 20 minutes walk from a metro station.

Room Tip: There is a tiny great draft beer to take away bar behind the blocks to the right of the hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Badrian23
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Stayed in the Park Inn Pribaltiyskaya during a 4 day trip in October.
Booked a room with my Gold Points and did not expect to get a suite! The room was quite good and spacious, with a clean bathroom.
Most of staff at the reception were polite and helped with all the questions and requests we had (special thanks to Alexandr). However, the ladies at the entrance of the dining-hall were rude and not too welcoming.
Sheets and towels were changed every other day, which is OK for me, but the room itself was not cleaned.
The only really disappointing thing is that I have requested a late checkout while booking, and at the day of arrival was told we could occupy the room until around 6-7 p.m. On the day of departure, around noon, my room key was blocked and when I went to re-charge it to the reception, I was asked not in the very polite manner of my departure plans. It must be the same person who sent a housekeeping lady to my room about one hour later to clarify WHEN EXACTLY I was leaving.

Sad that such a stupid thing spoiled my impression from the trip :(

Tips:
Ask for a room with the view of the Baltic Sea.
Use a free hotel shuttle which will take you directly to the city centre and back!
Guests of the hotel have a 15% discount at the Aqua park which is located right in the hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view of the Baltic Sea. The higher the floor, the better the view!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family