Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg
$564
$433
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Petro Palace Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$227
  • Pool
$234
  • Pool
$477
$422
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Helvetia Deluxe Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$222
$189
$169
  • Restaurant
Kempinski Hotel Moika 22(St. Petersburg)
$458
$273
Agoda.com
$532
1,433 results
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stay many time during 2012. Normal hotel, normal breakfast. Same as every ParkInn in a World.

Clean room. Good bed and bed sheets. Usefull stuff.

If you want to travel - you need to have a car or book taxi. Hotel so far from city center.

Aquapark in the next building but guests do not have any preferences or free entrance.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 3, 2012

I stayed at the Pribaltiyskaya numerous times, always for business and for events at the nearby Lenexpo, where St.Petersburg economic forum and other conferences are held. Although the location is technically in the center of town (right on the Vasilyevsky Island, albeit in its westernmost part), be warned that it is a long drive to all the major sights across the bridge (and God help you if there is a traffic jam - there are just not many ways of getting off the island and coming back) and the nearest metro station is a 20 minute walk across a dull concrete neighborhood with nothing of interest.

The hotel is located right on the bank of the Finnish gulf and it can be exceptionally windy and chilly, even in the summer. Be warned that the hotel is a favorite of tour groups because of its enormous size so lengthy waits at the reception, difficulties with getting a taxi and packed restaurants are a rule rather than an exception. The property has undergone significant renovations over the years, but still retains parts of its "Soviet charm'' with glass and aluminum doors locking portions of each floor (I could never work it out, but assuming might have something to do with fire safety?) that regularly lock from the inside (happened to me and my colleagues staying there a few times so we had to wait for someone to come and unlock it for us - couldn't get to rooms otherwise). Apparently there are still floors that haven't been fully renovated, although I was always given a `modern' room.

The hotel is simply huge and often feels like an unwelcoming office building. The rooms are your typical Park Inn - a solid 3-star experience with no frills, but also really nothing bad to say about them other than the most peculiar shower system I've ever seen (took me an exceptional amount of time and a little help from my friends to figure that one out) and the five-star-level prices, especially during big conferences and the White Nights (the height of the tourist season) when the management hikes them up. In all seriousness, $250-300/night for a very basic three-star hotel in the middle of nowhere is kinda steep in my opinion.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Denis M
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I lived and worked in St. Petersburg for 7 years and I continue to travel to the city often. I have seen the development from 1990 until the present including the rebuild of this hotel.

I have stayed at the Prebaltiskia on more than a dozen times and have had both business and personal guests stay here over the years, so you know it is not a dump and the staff are not jerks!

Personally if you can afford $275 - $300 / day stay down town. If you want a nice place on a budget and you have kids with you stay here... The kids will have room to run and play, the water park and the beach. Probably not a great idea to swim in the ocean here though.

The hotel is HUGE and is now attached to a water park both located directly on the bay of Finanland. This is an amazing benefit for winter travel. Some hotel deals will provide a water park pass for one day (about a $30 value per person) you will get some of the largest rooms anywhere especially the suits which are ENORMOUS! Multi floor with 20' ceilings and spiral stairs and panoramic view of the bay.

The rooms and the hotel are clean and the staff (especially the younger members) are VERY friendly although many are shy and a bit self conscious.

The restaurants are OK but many of the staff just do not understand western service expectations. Most of the reply's you will get when something is amiss of not to your liking are "I am sorry" but nothing to be done... This is a hold over from Soviet Russia where there relay was nothing to be done and people would just go on about their business because deficit and lack of access to most common things were common place. This is still common place in many Russians lives and so they bring the expectation to work as they simply do not know what the alternative looks like. This is NOT a lack of interest it is alack of understanding. In the main hotels down town you do not get this as much. Food is good and plentiful and the wait staff truly want you to have a good experience and tend to hover in an attempt to make sure you are well taken care of. They also tend to congregate and chat among themselves alot! this is a training issue that needs to be addressed

The hotel is dark and even though it has been getting and update for years needs an interior designer to come in and brighten the place up.

You also need to understand that flights all come in around the same time so the hotels get crushed with guest coming in all at the same time. you will see this at check out as well. With the size of this place expect to have a back up at check in and check out. Be understanding as St. Pete is a truly international city with people from all over the world visiting. this means that languages from all over the world are arriving also t the same time as you are. There are only so many staff for each language and if your language is engaged by other guests either speak Russian or wait patiently!!!!

Security at the front door is in a bad situation. They are tasked with keeping prostitutes and hooligans out. To do this they will check ID's as guests come in the door. This has always made me feel uncomfortable. My last trip I had what was probably the worst experience ever. My wife is Russian and they mis-took her for a prostitute (wearing a fur coat and she looks Russian) When the security stopped us they really pushed about our not having our room card. They were willing to let me in but not her without checking with the front desk. When I asked why (knowing why) they told me directly we do not let prostitutes in the Hotel. They were very embarrassed by this exchange and I understand the reasoning but it still pissed me off. (The General Manager took care of us and was very understanding as he is German and his wife is Russian as well)

This was resolved very quickly and they did not make the mistake again. For the rest of our stay they were very kind and respectful.

The hotel is located WAY outside the city center. You need a taxi to get around. If you go down to the street in front of the hotel and wave down a car (marked taxi or otherwise) it will cost you about 1/2 of the hotel taxi rate.

You can also have the hotel call and order you an official taxi (not a hotel car) and you will get he official metered rate which is about 1/2 the hotel car cost. For the super budget conscious you can also take a bus that stops right in front of the hotel (at the street) they are crowded but CHEAP!!!!

One of the coolest things to do in winter is to walk out on to the ocean.. This is a wild experience for those who have never seen the ocean freeze. It is safe during the winter as the ocean freezes to the sea bed.

When you book and when you arrive make sure you specify an "updated European Standard" room or you may get a room with old worn out furniture. You need to insist on this and not let them charge you extra as they are featured on the website and the older rooms have no presence on the site.

Also get a room above the 5th floor on the ocean side of the hotel. Otherwise you will have a view of the street or of the restaurant roof.

There is a grocery store next door to the hotel. Out the front doors and across the street to the left... It is well stocked with lots of familiar and exotic stuff.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'll be happy to answer them from a westerner's local perspective

Room Tip: Ocean side above the 5th floor!!!! Ask for an updated European Standard room like they have on the website!!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Philip_Herring
lidiawiszniewska, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Philip

with great interest I was reading your story of 7 years with Priba (as it is a short cut used for the last 33 years..) .. fantastic, thank you very much for sharing this with the world.. I was in Priba when the hotel was taken over in 2007, being re-branded into Park Inn and I was working that time with the German General Manager you mentioned in your story.. some interesting times behind us.

Thank you, we will use your thoughts and experience as a good material for emplyee training. Many good observations.

If you would still continuee your relationship with this amazing place - please let know, will be my pleasure to meet you.

My best regards

Lidia Wiszniewska

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We were on a group tour of Moscow & St Petersburg. This was our allocated hotel in St Petersburg. Check in was tardy. The rooms were average & adequate - a kettle could be obtained from reception provided a 300 rouble deposit was paid but coffee, tea & milk was not provided, a visit to the supermarket next door would be necessary, it my view it just wasn't worth the hassle . Everywhere was clean & tidy. We ate in the grill restaurant & enjoyed the "Hot stone" experience. We also ate in the surrounding area, There is a good restaurant approx 200yards away (opposite side of the hotel from the Irish bar). All staff we encountered were friendly,& obliging & spoke English. BUT Breakfast was a nightmare we arrived at a busy time & found it difficult to find seating. The quality of the food at breakfast was poor. It was all a bit of a bun fight, hustle & bustle & not at all relaxing. The hotel is not ideally suited for accessing St Petersburg we were told the best way to reach the centre independently was via No 7 bus never bothered but relied on our organised tours. The hotel bar is nice & airy but like every hotel a tad expensive but a wide selection of ales can be found next door in the Irish bar for 280 roubles a pint (16.10.12).

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank HalifaxWilmot
lidiawiszniewska, General Manager at Park Inn by Radisson Pribaltiyskaya St Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear Guest
Thank you very much for taking your time to give comment and view on your stay with us. Appreciated. Yes, we have some logistic issues during the busy times specially during rush breakfast hours, I already addressed your comments to the team, and we should improve the food presence, faster service.
If there is anything else, I would be pleased to answer, please let me know.
Yours sincerely
Lidia Wiszniewska
General manager

Reviewed October 16, 2012

We had two nights in this hotel as part of a group booking, check in was slow as just one person in such a big hotel to check in a party of people?
Room clean and spacious, bar very nice but pricey, staff were friendly but as the hotel is so huge the whole place does feel a little impersonal.
Breakfast room is big, very keen on clearing away stuff of your tables we got to breakfast near the end of service and were suprised that many things had run out and the selection was sparse, they also cleared away all food very efficiently whilst we were there
Location is not great, 15/20 minute walk to Metro and an hour to/from the International airport via private transfer or via metro and public bus (what a pain having to treck through City/Metro with cases/bags) you would have thought the hotel would have some form of shuttle bus to make this less of an issue.
Hotel built for 1980 Olympics and this is evident in its design and also with the surrounding tower blocks.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple