Belmond Grand Hotel Europe
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
A Boutique Hotel(St. Petersburg)
  • Breakfast included
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
M-Hotel(St. Petersburg)
View Hotel
Golden Triangle Hotel(St. Petersburg)
  • Breakfast included
Apraxin(St. Petersburg)
  • Free Internet
1,721 results
All reviewscaviar barmezzanine cafel'europe restaurantarts squarebutler servicehistoric floorlobby barrussian museumterrace roombreakfast buffetmain restaurantspilled bloodnevsky prospectblinisbeef stroganoffglass of champagnestar hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Stayed in a Junior Suite at the Grand Hotel Europe in St. Petersburg, and had a very nice experience. The room had two chandeliers, high ceilings, a coffee machine, and an awesome welcome fruit basket. Even though my room faced on a very busy (shopping) street, it was completely quiet. The bathroom was nice, but not terribly large or fancy. Had several meals at the outdoor cafe -- food and drinks were good and great place for people watching. The hotel is very centrally located so we walked everywhere. Only downside of the hotel is that it is a very long building, so don't forget something in your room. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Might be worth asking for a Junior Suite. My colleagues in regular rooms were not as enthusiastic about their rooms or their experience.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Petelock
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed in this Hotel for business for almost a week. It has been almost perfect. I start from the negative points (just a couple) only to inform the management that with small adjustments the Hotel could be really perfect: I had to wait more than 20 minutes for my luggage to be delivered into the room after check-in and, even if the Hotel is quite big, this is not good for a luxury Hotel; In the bathroom there where two pairs of sleepers but they where bot for female! The same day I asked men sleepers at the reception and they where delivered immediatelly to my room.
Positive points: Breakfast is AMAZING, I also work for a luxury Hotel and I use to travel for business or leisure. Breakfast at the Grand Hotel Europe is the best I have ever experienced! A huge variety of food is available, including caviar!
I had dinner at the Caviar Bar and the very young staff really impressed me, they are very professional and perfectly trained. Many compliments to the young maitre to which, unfortunately, I have not asked the name.
Above all I have to thank the Concierge Natalia Sergeeva, she has been the best and most helpful of all the staff of the Hotel.
It is definitely one of the best Hotels I stayed in and hope to return soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Zanclon69
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had a fantastic view of the Church of our Saviour of Spillled Blood and the Museum. This hotel is located just off the Nevsky Prospekt and seems to be quite well known by the taxi drivers in St Petersburg as we just needed to mention the name of the hotel. It is also close to the Hermitage, St Isaacs Cathedral and other well known attractions. The only place we needed to travel to was Catherines Palace which is about 30- 40 kms from the hotel. The hotel itself is beautiful. The rooms are beautifully decorated and comfortable. We did not get a chance to use the spa facilities however the sauna looked very inviting. We were there for White Nights and also lost track of the time but found the numerous restaurants so close to the hotel great as we did not have to venture far. St Petersburg is a magical city and this is a truly splendid hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Perfect position just off Nevesky Prospect and central for most of the sites you would want to see (metro nearby) The rooms are not particularly modern or large so don't expect Four Seasons or Ritz Carlton style. Comfortable with decent bathrooms (we had a deluxe overlooking the square at the back of the hotel.) Public spaces are beautiful and the restaurant for breakfast an absolute gem. Breakfast was the biggest and best buffet I have ever seen with everything you can imagine to eat The tea table had 20 different teas on offer! Make sure that breakfast is included as it is a very pricey option otherwise.

We ate one evening in Chopstix the asian restaurant and quite frankly it was disgusting and the worst chinese food I have ever tasted so avoid as there are many wonderful places to eat in SP.

Good service from the staff although when I asked for an extra hour and a half on checkout they got a bit sniffy and said no but I ignored them and it was not a problem.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Brian G
Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights at this hotel during a group tour of Eastern Europe. The room and bathroom were spacious. Our room safe wouldn't work on arrival (around midnight). I rang reception and they came with a workman around 20 mins later. The fault took 15 to 20 mins to repair but I was impressed that it could be done at that hour. No iron or ironing board supplied and the wardrobe was small. The restaurant for breakfast was very grand and a good variety of food was offered but the hotel was very busy with tour groups and individuals so it seemed a very chaotic and noisy affair. Over the 3 days we only heard the pianist once for a short time. The wait staff seemed very disorganised and unfriendly and there was a long wait for tea, coffee or hot water. So much so that we had to leave before receiving the hot water we ordered on our last day as we needed to board the bus.
Some of our group complained about their mattresses. My side of the bed was OK but my husband said his side sloped down towards the edge.
Two single quilts were provided on our double bed which we didn't like and no sheet provided.
Location of the hotel was excellent to be able to walk to many tourist sites including The Hermitage.
Free Internet was provided throughout the hotel which was a bonus.
My husband and I both had deep tissue massages at the hotel spa which were very good.
The gym was small and very hot, in fact the entire hotel seemed quite hot which seems common throughout Europe in summer.

Sent from my iPhone