“Fabulous”
Review of Astoria Hotel

Astoria Hotel
Ranked #8 of 358 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We had a wonderful stay. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, professional or friendly. Wonderful location and highly recommend the cafe to eat, although there are plenty of restaurants nearby. We were upgraded to the Junior Suite which was wonderful. We also took advantage of the Hermitage tour which entitled us to a free ticket into St Isaac's cathedral.

1  Thank mrschubbo
Gerold H, Генеральный директор at Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear guest, thank you very much for your kinds words about Hotel Astoria!

I was very happy to know that you liked your recent stay with us. Also nice to hear that you enjoyed quality of service, meals in Astoria Cafe and work of our concierges.

We will be really glad to welcome you again in Hotel Astoria!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

As we first arrived we got upgraded to junior suite "just becauset at winter time we can do it" -explained the receptio staff. Highly appreciated move! Service, food at the bar/restaurant was all very good quality. Position is very good thanks to the new Admeratislkaya metro station near by. Easy to recommend to everybody!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gerold H, Генеральный директор at Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

Dear guest, thank you so much for spending your time and leaving review about Hotel Astoria on www.tripadvisor.ru.

It is a pleasure for me to know that you loved quality of our service, restaurants and location.

We look forward welcoming you back in Hotel Astoria and in St Petersburg soon!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

The Astoria is a jewel perfectly located in a middle of a beautiful city. The service is excellent and it was a great pleasure to stay there. I definitely will check in there again! Thank you to the Astoria staff to make our extended weekend there a dream!

Room Tip: Room 522 with a view on St-Isaac is a dream
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Dear guest, thank you very much for choosing our hotel as a venue for your stay!

I am very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. I will definately share your kind words with my team.

We are very happy that you want to return to Hotel Astoria! You are always welcome!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed as a couple two times over the last few years and on both occasions it was a delight: attentive service (one could see that every member of staff- from Spa assistants to receptionists - are properly trained - which, in my view, often distinguishes higher class hotels from your run of the mill 'sleeping places', especially in countries like Russia), elegant but not-over-the-top interiors throughout the hotel and in the suites we stayed in, sublime caviar experience and dinner at their Astoria Cafe. All in all: recommended.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Gerold H, Генеральный директор at Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time to leave feedback about Hotel Astoria and Astoria Cafe on www.tripadvisor.ru!

Your feedback regarding the quality of accomodation, food and service is greatly appreciated and I will take great pleasure in sharing this with the team. I am very happy that you stayed with us two times and I hope to see you soon in St Petersburg and in Hotel Astoria again!

Reviewed February 6, 2014

Real Brand, attention to details, excellent service, selected amenities, wonderful surrounding and experience above all....more than worth to stay at!!! I feel privileged to stay at Astoria Roco and looking forward to check in again

Room Tip: never say no to an offer:))
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Gerold H, Генеральный директор at Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your feedback regarding Hotel Astoria on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I will definately share yours kind words about service, our great location and all amenities in Hotel with my team.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Great place to stay, in the middle of a beautiful and elegant city. Loved it. Even drinking a simple cup of coffee feels 'special'.
Spring, summer and autumn are sure to be better times of year to visit but even this winter month was great.
Give it a try!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side have a beautiful view of the St Isaac Cathederal
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gerold H, Генеральный директор at Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Guest! I am so happy to read your review you have posted on TripAdvisor after your stay with us.

It is always a pleasure to read such positive experiences and I will certainly share your comments with my team.

I hope you will have a possibility to visit us in spring, summer and autumn, you are always welcome!

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have stayed in many 5* hotels around the globe in my time but this hotel has to beat a lot of them. It is not just the surroundings or the immediate upgrade, the fantastic food, the luxurious rooms or beautiful large beds and free toiletries, slippers and dressing gowns, it is quite simply the fact that in -17 temperatures, after a grumpy airport experience and even worse taxi experience, the staff at this hotel are a sheer delight and pleasure. In the Lichfield Bar we were not just given a menu but when we inquired, were talked through (in perfect English) the ingredient, origin and how it was made, the best Vodka etc to try and various recommendations, a real must in a totally foreign country late at night.

Breakfast is a beautiful treat with attentive staff and a stunning choice. I could not talk highly enough of this hotel, we will definitely return with our children.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear guest, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as a venue for your stay!

It is always very nice to receive such positive feedback from our dear guests. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience in Lichfield Bar, I will share with my team yours impressions. I also happy that you liked breakfasts in Astoria Cafe and quality of service.

We look forward welcoming you and your children in Hotel Astoria soon again.