“Perfect choice”
Review of Astoria Hotel

Astoria Hotel
Ranked #7 of 362 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed February 6, 2014

Real Brand, attention to details, excellent service, selected amenities, wonderful surrounding and experience above all....more than worth to stay at!!! I feel privileged to stay at Astoria Roco and looking forward to check in again

Room Tip: never say no to an offer:))
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Gerold H, Генеральный директор at Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Guest, thank you very much for your feedback regarding Hotel Astoria on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I will definately share yours kind words about service, our great location and all amenities in Hotel with my team.

We are very happy that you want to return to Hotel Astoria! You are always welcome!

Gerold Held

Write a ReviewReviews (1,693)

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Great place to stay, in the middle of a beautiful and elegant city. Loved it. Even drinking a simple cup of coffee feels 'special'.
Spring, summer and autumn are sure to be better times of year to visit but even this winter month was great.
Give it a try!

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side have a beautiful view of the St Isaac Cathederal
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gerold H, Генеральный директор at Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2014

Dear Guest! I am so happy to read your review you have posted on TripAdvisor after your stay with us.

It is always a pleasure to read such positive experiences and I will certainly share your comments with my team.

I hope you will have a possibility to visit us in spring, summer and autumn, you are always welcome!

Kind regards,

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I have stayed in many 5* hotels around the globe in my time but this hotel has to beat a lot of them. It is not just the surroundings or the immediate upgrade, the fantastic food, the luxurious rooms or beautiful large beds and free toiletries, slippers and dressing gowns, it is quite simply the fact that in -17 temperatures, after a grumpy airport experience and even worse taxi experience, the staff at this hotel are a sheer delight and pleasure. In the Lichfield Bar we were not just given a menu but when we inquired, were talked through (in perfect English) the ingredient, origin and how it was made, the best Vodka etc to try and various recommendations, a real must in a totally foreign country late at night.

Breakfast is a beautiful treat with attentive staff and a stunning choice. I could not talk highly enough of this hotel, we will definitely return with our children.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear guest, I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as a venue for your stay!

It is always very nice to receive such positive feedback from our dear guests. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience in Lichfield Bar, I will share with my team yours impressions. I also happy that you liked breakfasts in Astoria Cafe and quality of service.

We look forward welcoming you and your children in Hotel Astoria soon again.

Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

From the location, to the room, amenities, breakfast, or bar, everything is great. More importantly, the attention to detail makes you feel special, and the politeness of the staff is remarkable. Discreet, courteous, efficient. Yrs the hotel is pricey, but you know what you pay for, and it is worth it.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear guest, thank you for choosing Hotel Astoria and leaving your feedback with your kind words on TripAdvisor.

I am very happy that you liked breakfasts in Astoria Cafe, drinks in Lichfield Bar and interiors of the room. I will definately share yours positive comments with my team, I think it will encourage them.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon in St Petersburg and in Hotel Astoria!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

Very beautiful Hotel with super location. Rooms are very nice decorated and I was lucky to have a room with a view over the Square. I did not like the Spa area and staff should definitely improve english as it was kind of difficult to communicate with them.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Gerold H, Генеральный директор at Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear guest, thank you for choosing Astoria Hotel and leaving your feedback with your useful comments on TripAdvisor!

It is a pleasure for me to know that you loved our location, interiors of rooms and view from your window. Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconveniences that you had with staff from SPA. Your feedback will help us to intensify training of our staff to avoid such examples in the future.

We will be delighted to welcome you again at the Astoria some day.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed January 23, 2014

The hotel is well situated for walking to major sites in St Petersburg, and set just across the square from the imposing St Isaacs Cathedral. From the moment we arrived the standard of service and personal attention was exemplary. Our room was lovely, simple and understated, but beautifully decorated with natural fabrics including linen curtains, simple striped rug and cushions. Everything comfortable and luxurious. The bed was enormous with wonderful sheets, duvet and pillows, very comfortable. There was a separate hallway with a walk in wardrobe. I wish we had had more time to spend in our room! The very comfortable Litchfield bar, complete with his photos, was a great place for a drink before or after dinner, the breakfast had a good choice and the the tea service was good. In every part of the hotel I appreciated the thought that had gone into the design.
Unfortunately we never had time to visit the spa, although we were longing for a hammam!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear guest, thank you very much for taking the time to give us your feedback on your recent visit to Rocco Forte Hotel Astoria.

It is very difficult to describe how I was happy to know that you liked our location, quality of service, natural interiors of rooms. I will definately share your kind comments about breakfasts in Astoria Cafe and drinks in Lichfield Bar with F&B team.

We hope that you will be our guest again and will visit our SPA next time when you come to Saint-Petersburg!

With best regards,

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Beautiful hotel with great style in a very central location. Everything about the hotel was excellent in terms of comfort, quality of restaurant and bar and friendly service. Our only problem was the quality of information from the concierge which led to some very frustrating moments over the opening hours of some tourist attractions and the ordering of taxis. They were very willing and helpful but communications (not language skills) were poor and we felt some of the staff had not had enough training. However, we had a great time and would certainly recommend the hotel to others.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gerold H, Генеральный директор at Astoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear guest, thank you so much for spending your time and leaving review about Hotel Astoria on www.tripadvisor.ru.

I am very happy to hear that you really enjoyed your stay with us. I will definately share with my team your kind words about Astoria Cafe and Lichfield Bar, also I am glad that you liked our location.

Please accept my sincere apologies for all the inconveniences you experienced at our Hotel. Let me assure you that we will do the utmost to develop and polish our level of service. Our main objective is to constantly improve our guest service quality maintaining the Rocco Forte Hotels standards and satisfying the requests of all our guests.

We hope that you will be our guest again next time when you come to Saint-Petersburg!

Best rergards,